• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • illusionone
    Guns N Roses
    • Aug 2003

What ticks me off

I keep seeing posts that say, if Bledsoe keeps playing like this ......blah, blah, blah...

With the exception of 3-4 plays in two games WTF has he done wrong?

This is really getting aggravating, the guy shows up, reviews film, has a passion for the game......the bills offense, like it or not, is based on Drew throwing short yardage, right or wrong, this is our offense. I know "Bledsoe Lovers" always use the excuse that Bledsoe needs an o-line....well lets face it, this o-line is piss f'n poor, it flat out sucks......Bledsoe has made a few mistakes, but I think their are others on the team that we could all say have made worse mistakes so far that have cost us the game...(i.e. Dropped passes, Fumbles, penalties, missed field goals, going for an INT, when the ball could be batted down) Their is enough blame pie to go around, I think we need to generalize it as the offense, and not Bledsoe..

My two cents

illusionone illusionone

Welcome To The Jungle
    -GNR 2005
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

I used to do a little, but a little wasn't doin', so a little got more and more...

I am going to remain optimistic for another few weeks...

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

My problem with Drew is the simple fact that he cannot make the throws. How many times does he hit a guy "in the numbers?" He might be the worst short passer in the league. How many passes/receptions are over a guys shoulders or below his knees. I really wish that Bledsoe would turn it around, I really do. But, I am starting to think like most people on this board that think it is over for him.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Drew will have better games. But he isn't going to be consistent enough to have a probowl like performance anymore.

What has he done wrong? Consistently under/overthrow his targets. Hold on to the ball too long .He regressed into a Rob Johnson. Even Drew himself admits "he needs to throw better"
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          Drew will have better games. But he isn't going to be consistent enough to have a probowl like performance anymore.

What has he done wrong? Consistently under/overthrow his targets. Hold on to the ball too long .He regressed into a Rob Johnson. Even Drew himself admits "he needs to throw better"
          If Rob Johnson took any of the hits Drew has taken, he would have been Mercyflighted out of Oakland's stadium. He might hold and turtle a little like Rob, but that is the ONLY comparison you can make between the two.

Comment

• FTG
            • Aug 2004

You know what? I really don't care if it ticks you off. We have a right to our opinons.
            Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Drewpac
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
              If Rob Johnson took any of the hits Drew has taken, he would have been Mercyflighted out of Oakland's stadium. He might hold and turtle a little like Rob, but that is the ONLY comparison you can make between the two.

Wrong. The fact that Drew is durable is the only thing that you CAN'T compare between the two. Everything else is the same. Well except, at least RJ could scramble for a first down once in awhile. And what alot of people are forgetting is that RJ's 3-13 season occurred on one of the worst defensive squads in recent history. Don't get me wrong, I hate RJ, but give him a defense this good and our team wouldn't look any worse than it does with Bledsoe.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Drewpac
                Wrong. The fact that Drew is durable is the only thing that you CAN'T compare between the two. Everything else is the same. Well except, at least RJ could scramble for a first down once in awhile. And what alot of people are forgetting is that RJ's 3-13 season occurred on one of the worst defensive squads in recent history. Don't get me wrong, I hate RJ, but give him a defense this good and our team wouldn't look any worse than it does with Bledsoe.
                You contradicted yourself. Despite RJs ability to scramble he was still sacked a ton of times. They tried to make RJ throw quick short throws and he couldn't/wouldn't do it. I think with RJ this team would look much worse. RJ couldn't win with this team when we HAD the best defense in the league.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

you are right to a certain degree. Rob was more accurate when he attempted to throw. Either ways, Drew has regressed.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Drewpac
                    • Jul 2002

You contradicted yourself. Despite RJs ability to scramble he was still sacked a ton of times. They tried to make RJ throw quick short throws and he couldn't/wouldn't do it. I think with RJ this team would look much worse. RJ couldn't win with this team when we HAD the best defense in the league.
                    I did contradict myself in the sense that I said there was only one difference between the two players when in fact there was two: Bledsoe is durable, Johnson is not; and Johnson could scramble, Bledsoe can not.

As far as your assertion that RJ couldn't win with the "Best defense in the league" you are dead wrong. RJ only played in two games with the 99' defense that was the number 1 yardage D in the league. He went 1-1 in those games, the loss being the Homerun Throwback game. The following season (2000) we did not have the number 1 D in the league. But I agree that the D was formidable. If you remember the Bills were 7-4 at one point during the season following the RJ led win at KC (RJ had a 4-3 record as a starter, Flutie was 3-1). The following week they lost Sam Cowart for the season in Tampa Bay and that was followed by more losses on the defensive side of the ball in the subsequent weeks. This led to the final four losses being more a result of the porous D than RJ's performance.

Anyway, I personally wouldn't want either QB leading my team under any circumstance. They both suck. If we just had a competent QB we would be an 11-5 team.

Comment

• illusionone
                      Guns N Roses
                      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by FTG
                      You know what? I really don't care if it ticks you off. We have a right to our opinons.
                      As I have a right to mine

Welcome To The Jungle
                      -GNR 2005

Comment

• Bulldog
                        Top Dog
                        • Jan 2003

WGR compared their numbers for a set amount of games spent in Buffalo and its pretty scary how similar they are. When are people going to stop making excuses for the fact that Bledsoe is finished?
                        I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                        X