PDA

View Full Version : Interesting, since TD took over the team

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2004, 08:30 PM
There have only been two teams with a worse winning percentage. That is in every major sport. The Arizona Cardinals and the Detroit Lions.

BAM
09-20-2004, 08:33 PM
:ill: Where'd you see this.. I find it very believable, just curious.

Mr. Cynical
09-20-2004, 08:36 PM
17-33 since TD took over and we are riding a 5 game losing streak.

I believe it.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2004, 08:59 PM
They were talking about it on GR (sports) today.

Mad Bomber
09-20-2004, 09:19 PM
And the Lions are 2-0 this year, and have actually won a road game.

LarryBoy
09-20-2004, 09:20 PM
There have only been two teams with a worse winning percentage. That is in every major sport. The Arizona Cardinals and the Detroit Lions.

Sad.....so sad...so many chances, so little wins.
:cry:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-20-2004, 09:36 PM
Larry, that is the worst ad I have ever seen about Kerry.

HenryRules
09-20-2004, 10:48 PM
It's not really TD's record ... it's Butler's.

Tatonka
09-20-2004, 11:40 PM
it is not td's record?? how the hell can you say that? he is the one that put together that entire OL.. the qbs.. the coaches.. the only thing left over from butler is a wr and a few defensive players..

under td.. we have been absolutely aweful.. then average.. then aweful.. and we are headed back to absolutely aweful again. without the first round pick that normally makes being aweful just a slight bit better.

the lions will pass us by years end in overall record over the last 4 years.

Ebenezer
09-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I heard that all afternoon too...one problem with that...is it fair to count the 3-13 year when he had to tear down the team due to Butler's salary cap blunder?? I don't think so. without that they are 14-20...not great but not doomsday either.

Tatonka
09-20-2004, 11:51 PM
I heard that all afternoon too...one problem with that...is it fair to count the 3-13 year when he had to tear down the team due to Butler's salary cap blunder?? I don't think so. without that they are 14-20...not great but not doomsday either.

no matter what.. we have been rebuilding for 4 years now.. and this season just may be worse than any so far under TD..

if they finish at or worse than last seasons record, he should be fired.

Tatonka
09-20-2004, 11:52 PM
that is IF you dont consider the fact that he has not fixed the OL or the fact that bledsoe is still here enough reason to fire him already.

Ebenezer
09-20-2004, 11:59 PM
that is IF you dont consider the fact that he has not fixed the OL or the fact that bledsoe is still here enough reason to fire him already.

He's the GM and Pres. In order to be fired it would have to come from Ralph himself. On the business end it looks like 7 sell outs this year...the boxes are filled and there is advertising all over the stadium...and Ralph is saving $5mil on the salary cap this year. Like it or not, the bottom line is the bottom line and as that goes RWS is making money. Considering the off-field success there is no way Ralph gets rid of him. There is an outside chance he will have to give up the GM title after 2005. But who would it go to?? Probably Tom Modrak. Who has been in on all the decisions since day 1. What real change will there be.

BillsFever21
09-20-2004, 11:59 PM

I can't fault Donahoe for the 3-13 season. There was no way around it with all the players we had to dump due to the salary cap problems at that time. It's been fair game on him since that season though.

This one a great draft for Donahoe and it looked as if we would have some hope over the next few years. To me this was almost a perfect draft and was one for the ages for our team.

Donahoe took tons of heat for trading down and not selecting Kenyetta Walker who turned out to be a big fat turd in Tampa. Instead we select Nate Clement and nailed Henry with our extra pick from Tampa in the trade.

We stole a 1st round talent in Aaron Schobel in the 2nd round. Justin Smith(Cincinnati), Andre Carter(San Francisco), Jamal Reynolds(Green Bay), Ryan Pickett(St. Louis) and Kyle Vanden Bosch(Arizona) were drafted ahead of him. He has more sack then any of them guys over the last 3 years and he has outsacked Reynolds, Pickett and Vanden Bosch combined. Although not superior, we got a starting Tackle in the 3rd round.

What a shame time flies by so fast and the draft class will go to waste from FA. I'm thrilled we at least sealed the deal in tying Schobel up for 5 more years though.

The start of the year it looked like we were going in the right direction after a surprising 5-3 start. The bad part is that all hell broke loose after that and it hasn't turned around since.

Donahoe attempted to fix our OL problems but bombed out on the Mike Williams selection(At least at the moment it's been a terrible pick)

Took other players like Reed, Denney and Wire who have been very average. Outside of a few players like Portis, Branch, Tank Williams and Mike Pearson rounds 2-4 was a washout in this draft. One of the worst draft classes in years.

Traded for Bledsoe which turned out to be a disaster. Although cautiously optimistic the trade seemed right at the time because we were desperate. I won't even go into this subject any further.

The first two games were amazing. We looked like a team that could scare people but then all hell broke loose again and we laid an egg the rest of the year.

Had some great FA pickups like Spikes and Adams. I'm happy to have Milloy but we paid way to much for him.

This draft is to early to rate it good or bad. If McGahee pans out it will look good. If he doesn't then it will look terrible. I wanted and expected us to draft Eric Steinbach but that's the breaks. Hopefully we get good production from Kelsay too. Can't diss him for not taking Boldin because plenty of teams did and we took Reed the season before. It happens every year.

Unless McGahee ends up as a young Marshall Faulk the pick will be terrible and would've been much better off going with Steinbach in the 1st round to help out our OL. If he wasn't happy with Henry there were tons of RB steals in the 2nd and 3rd round of this draft. Guys who are already making an impact like Dominick Davis and Chris Brown were drafted in the late 3rd and early fourth round. Other possible good RB's like Onterio Smith, Quentin Griffith and Lee Suggs were also drafted later in the 4th round.

The Crowell pick in the 3rd round was a disater and still doesn't make any sense at all. Aiken and McGee are steady backups but just about everyone else from them rounds are too.

Our hindsight dream draft that year...

Steinbach, Boldin and either Dominick Davis or Chris Brown in the 3rd.

This year is still undetermined but hasn't started off very well. Biggest mistake was extending Bledsoe's contract and handcuffing ourselves to the cap for him with a future salary cap hit when we release him.

Of course we can't determine the outcome of this draft yet. The success on this draft is in the hands of how well Losman pans out for us.

I didn't want a WR with our first pick. I wanted someone like Tommie Harris for our future replacement at DT. Adams and Big Pat aren't getting any younger.

We have to live with the fact we took a WR with the first pick. Lets just pray Evans was the right choice. So far Clayton has looked much better but their career won't be determined in their rookie season.

We all know how much we gave up for Losman. Will have to wait and see how that turns out too.

Anderson and Euhus has shown nothing so far. If Anderson turns out good that will make our WR selection a mute point. If he ends up sucking and Evans doesn't pan out it will be another draft disaster we will regret if Tommie Harris ends up as the real deal.

Outside of the Clements and Williams 1st round picks Donahoe has gambled for future success with our 1st round selections the last two years instead of immediate help by drafting McGahee, Evans and Losman. If them three turn out to be stars he will look like a genius. If they bomb out he will be the most hated GM in Bills history.

HenryRules
09-21-2004, 07:15 AM
it is not td's record?? how the hell can you say that? he is the one that put together that entire OL.. the qbs.. the coaches.. the only thing left over from butler is a wr and a few defensive players..

under td.. we have been absolutely aweful.. then average.. then aweful.. and we are headed back to absolutely aweful again. without the first round pick that normally makes being aweful just a slight bit better.

the lions will pass us by years end in overall record over the last 4 years.

Relax ... I don't really think that way. Just posting what I know a few others are going to say.

Historian
09-21-2004, 07:37 AM
It's not really TD's record ... it's Butler's.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on these boards. The only player even left over from Butler is Eric Moulds.

And in case you haven't noticed, Butler's been dead for a year and a half.

Ickybaluky
09-21-2004, 08:42 AM
At what point does Donohoe's record start?

He has been the Bills GM for 50 games, with a 17-33 record (.340 win%).

For the first half of that record, 25 games, the team was 9-16 (.360 win%).

For the second half of that record, 25 games, the team was 8-17 (.320 win%).

Kolbiss
09-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Larry, that is the worst ad I have ever seen about Kerry.

I think it is great!

SABURZFAN
09-21-2004, 10:13 AM

which is why my signature says what it says.:mad:

HenryRules
09-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Geez ... you people that thought I was serious with that post need to relax.

I've called out Donahoe repeatedly with his record being my main argument of complaint. Every time that I say it, Philster always pops up and says that it's really Butler's fault. This time I thought I'd beat him to the punch.