Tatonka
09-21-2004, 12:10 AM
i like his use of the red flag.

:dance:

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 12:14 AM
i like his use of the red flag.

:dance:
I am not even going to address Mularkey after two games...it takes 3 years to grade a draft class and 2 years to grade a coach...Tom Landry was horrible his first year.

Jayhawk
09-21-2004, 12:29 AM
yeah let's give him time.

SStudawgg
09-21-2004, 12:46 AM
Gotta remember it's also Clements 1st year as Offensive CoOrdinator. It'll take him a while to figure out this ain't Notre Dame or the CFL.

northernbillfan
09-21-2004, 02:14 AM
Tatonka wasn't saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, he made a general statement that Mularkey knows how to use the red flag.

I agree with T 100%.

It's been a tough opeing to this season and we need to find ALL the positives we can.

Tatonka
09-21-2004, 07:01 AM
Tatonka wasn't saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, he made a general statement that Mularkey knows how to use the red flag.

I agree with T 100%.

It's been a tough opeing to this season and we need to find ALL the positives we can.

thank you! i like MM.. and i especially like the challenges he goes after. especially after that bone head williams and what we got use dto.

chernobylwraiths
09-21-2004, 07:13 AM
I would not have been upset if he had challenged the play at the one yard line and lost. I think you have to take a shot in that situation. I also liked the call on 4th down there. However, if there was ONE thing about that play I would change (and I saw someone bring it up already) it would be to go for it immediately, before the end of the 3rd quarter. It gave the defensive line time to entrench and get ready as opposed to being caught off guard. Hell, maybe even send in the field goal unit and fake it.

I have a question for those who might have taped the game. I believe that we got down to the 10 in that drive on a deep over the middle pass to Moulds. I could have sworn that Moulds was dropped at the 11. Can anybody tell me if we just got a real favorable spot on the play? I thought that where he went down, it would have been possible to get a first down still just before the goal line? Just wondering.

Earthquake Enyart
09-21-2004, 07:44 AM
I agree. He should have challenged the goal line run on 4th and 1.

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 07:49 AM
are penalties the coaches fault? Because after 2 games, that is what killed us. Villareal and 2 kick returns last Sunday. The scores were close enough that if we didn't make though clusterf**K ( :D ) we could've won both games.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 08:12 AM
are penalties the coaches fault? Because after 2 games, that is what killed us. Villareal and 2 kick returns last Sunday. The scores were close enough that if we didn't make though clusterf**K ( :D ) we could've won both games.
do you really think MM can just waive (SIC) a magic wand and get rid of all the bad habits that "The Great Disciplinarian" GW allowed to be instilled into this team??? I don't.

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 08:52 AM
do you really think MM can just waive (SIC) a magic wand and get rid of all the bad habits that "The Great Disciplinarian" GW allowed to be instilled into this team??? I don't. Seems to me Pacells didn't have a problem correcting whatever mistakes he inherited when he joined the Cowboys.

I wasn't blasting Mularkey. I hope he fixes it. So far he hasn't and it cost us 2 games.

The penalties I pointed out had nothing to do w/ GW. Villareal was not here last year and our OL and not the ST was the most penalized unit last year.

Michael82
09-21-2004, 10:33 AM
do you really think MM can just waive (SIC) a magic wand and get rid of all the bad habits that "The Great Disciplinarian" GW allowed to be instilled into this team??? I don't.
Thank you! That's the kind of intelligent post that I have been waiting for. If Gregg Williams coached these guys for 3 years...all of the weak points that he taught them are drilled in their heads. Hell, I bet Bledsoe still recalls Gilbride coaching stuff when he is out there. It takes time, but eventually the players should forget that ****. :pray:

HenryRules
09-21-2004, 05:24 PM
Mularkey just got put into a really bad situation. When hired, the GM stated that his honeymoon was over and this team needed to produce soon. At the same time, he didn't give Mularkey an improved roster to work with at all and asked him to clean up the mess.

I don't think Mularkey has done anything really good nor anything really bad (it's pretty early to do something significant either way), but long-term I thought he was our best option this offseason, and nothing has made me change my mind.

G. Host
09-21-2004, 05:38 PM
He got a 5 year contract so no matter what Donahoe SAID, it was just his "media personality".

jbisset
09-21-2004, 06:23 PM
I am not even going to address Mularkey after two games...it takes 3 years to grade a draft class and 2 years to grade a coach...Tom Landry was horrible his first year.

True…however I would like to see a little something. The main issue is the Oline; even TH can not run with this line. Weren’t this new coach and staff to fix the oline? What is going on with the coaching staff? If this line does not have enough skilled players, he should have had that addressed in the off season. The major issue is management and coaching. We all knew of the oline issues and the need for another DE in the off season. Why was this not addressed in the off season?