PDA

View Full Version : Compare and contrast...

Ickybaluky
09-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Take it for what you will, but I think the contrast is interesting. One team is 2-0, the other is 0-2. Here are the quotes from their HC's and QB's:

Mike Mularky: "We've got some work to do. We've got two weeks to correct some things that I think are very correctable."

Bill Belichick: "I think we have enough to work on that we should be able to find enough things to keep people interested. I think we're a long way from being a good football team right now. I'd like to think that the players think that, too. We all feel there's room for improvement -- playing, coaching, overall doing things better as a team."

Drew Bledsoe: "Obviously, we're very, very disappointed with the production we put on the field. But we are going to go forward and address the problems. I'm confident we can get it turned around. I'm confident in our style of offense. We've got an outstanding coaching staff and we have talented enough guys to get it done, so we will get it done."

Tom Brady: "We left a lot of plays out there. I think the way we're playing now won't be good enough much longer, as Coach would say. There were too many plays out there that weren't at the level that we need them to be at. We're leaving too many yards, too many points on the field, and that's frustrating. You come out of these games sometimes almost with a sour taste in your mouth knowing you could have performed so much better. The expectations are going to be high. Then you go out and kick all those field goals and we feel that's just not where it needs to be. We need to start scoring more points."

shelby
09-21-2004, 05:03 AM
i suppose when you win the superbowl, you have higher expectations.
:idunno:

Tex
09-21-2004, 08:01 AM
i suppose when you win the superbowl, you have higher expectations.
:idunno:

Dam straight.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 08:01 AM
Take it for what you will, but I think the contrast is interesting. One team is 2-0, the other is 0-2. Here are the quotes from their HC's and QB's:

Mike Mularky: "We've got some work to do. We've got two weeks to correct some things that I think are very correctable."

Bill Belichick: "I think we have enough to work on that we should be able to find enough things to keep people interested. I think we're a long way from being a good football team right now. I'd like to think that the players think that, too. We all feel there's room for improvement -- playing, coaching, overall doing things better as a team."

Drew Bledsoe: "Obviously, we're very, very disappointed with the production we put on the field. But we are going to go forward and address the problems. I'm confident we can get it turned around. I'm confident in our style of offense. We've got an outstanding coaching staff and we have talented enough guys to get it done, so we will get it done."

Tom Brady: "We left a lot of plays out there. I think the way we're playing now won't be good enough much longer, as Coach would say. There were too many plays out there that weren't at the level that we need them to be at. We're leaving too many yards, too many points on the field, and that's frustrating. You come out of these games sometimes almost with a sour taste in your mouth knowing you could have performed so much better. The expectations are going to be high. Then you go out and kick all those field goals and we feel that's just not where it needs to be. We need to start scoring more points."
NFL-speak...all the rage...Political Correctness in the NFL...that's all.