PDA

View Full Version : So Thurm, as President of the Ostrich Club....

Earthquake Enyart
09-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Your VP has abdicated. Many of the other ostriches are running for cover.

It's time for a firm hand. Stand up and lead....

BAM
09-21-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm not bowing out just yet!

Patrick76777
09-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Your VP has abdicated. Many of the other ostriches are running for cover.

It's time for a firm hand. Stand up and lead....

LMAO

juice
09-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Ruben was a Scapegoat, It was and the overall Talent on that line, And now it's Drews turn since he didn't speak up, Like Brown did last year, and Watched the Brass Let his Second best Blocker and Line-Leader walk outta town. Drew should've said something in Rubens Defense like he was willing to stand up for T. Brown

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Ruben was a Scapegoat, It was and the overall Talent on that line, And now it's Drews turn since he didn't speak up, Like Brown did last year, and Watched the Brass Let his Second best Blocker and Line-Leader walk outta town. Drew should've said something in Rubens Defense like he was willing to stand up for T. Brown

Why does every topic with you turn into a Ruben love fest?

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:29 AM
LMAO
your funny bone is easily tickled today...get some last night??? :;

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Why does every topic with you turn into a Ruben love fest?
although I agree with him, he is waiting for somebody to tell him he was right about RB...

FTG
09-21-2004, 11:32 AM

WTH does this have to do with the ostrich club?

BAM
09-21-2004, 11:33 AM

:rofl:

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 11:34 AM
although I agree with him, he is waiting for somebody to tell him he was right about RB...

Are you suggesting that the Bills record would be any different with Ruben at LG?

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Are you suggesting that the Bills record would be any different with Ruben at LG?
I think we would have beaten Jacksonville...yes, I think we would have been able to run the ball better and taken more time off the clock...Oakland would still have been a loss.

lordofgun
09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
Thurm's silence speaks volumes.

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 11:48 AM
I think we would have beaten Jacksonville...yes, I think we would have been able to run the ball better and taken more time off the clock...Oakland would still have been a loss.

I disagree. Buffalo was running the ball fine on the last drive of the Jacksonville game until the holding call.

juice
09-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Wrong Eb..

As it relates to the "O" Club, R. Brown was last years Scapegoat and Bledsoe is this years Scapgoat.. Who is Drew being sacraficed for.. TD and his failure to "Fix the O-Line" like he said he would..

The Failure of MW will be the End of TD.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:57 AM
I disagree. Buffalo was running the ball fine on the last drive of the Jacksonville game until the holding call.
I wasn't talking the last drive...I'm talking the whole game...

Michael82
09-21-2004, 12:01 PM
The Failure of MW will be the End of TD.
I agree with that. He's counting on Mike Williams and Josh Reed for his job this season and if they don't turn it around...Donahoe is done.

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 12:11 PM
I disagree. Ruben could've made his usual mental errors and cause penalties. You can't discard the negative side of him.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 12:17 PM
I agree with that. He's counting on Mike Williams and Josh Reed for his job this season and if they don't turn it around...Donahoe is done.
who is going to fire him??? He is pres and GM...that call has to come from RW...let's see...the seats are full...the boxes are full...there is advertising all over the stadium...you are still talking about the Bills...and they are $5 mil under the cap (which is a savings in Ralph's pocket)...everything off the field is perfect for RW...why the pressure to get rid of Donahoe?? At worst he would have to step down as GM after 2005...then, who becomes your GM?? Tom Modrak? He has been here from the beginning of TD reign; been in on all the decisions. What is going to change??

finsrclowns
09-21-2004, 12:21 PM
I watch the game maybe a little different than some. IMHO the QB tends to get too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when it loses. Some folks are adamant that Bledsoe is done, blah blah blah. It may be that he is but I'm not quite ready to make that leap. I thought he looked pretty good in week one, pretty bad week 2. But as bad as he did he's not getting much help. And believe me there's a delicate balance between success and failure in the NFL.

For example, KC had the 2nd rated offense in the league last year averaging almost 30 ppg. This year they've still had a decent offense with 24 and 17 ppg in 2 games, but they're way off last year. The only difference is they've lost RT John Tait. The QB, RB, TE etc are the same but they no longer have a dominant line, just good. I've said it before but I'll repeat it, if our OL play improves to average, we'll have a productive offense. If it doesn't, JP will be the QB in week 9.

In the meantime, can someone send me an application for this Ostrich Club? I like an underdog.

chernobylwraiths
09-21-2004, 12:25 PM
I watch the game maybe a little different than some. IMHO the QB tends to get too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when it loses. Some folks are adamant that Bledsoe is done, blah blah blah. It may be that he is but I'm not quite ready to make that leap. I thought he looked pretty good in week one, pretty bad week 2. But as bad as he did he's not getting much help. And believe me there's a delicate balance between success and failure in the NFL.

For example, KC had the 2nd rated offense in the league last year averaging almost 30 ppg. This year they've still had a decent offense with 24 and 17 ppg in 2 games, but they're way off last year. The only difference is they've lost RT John Tait. The QB, RB, TE etc are the same but they no longer have a dominant line, just good. I've said it before but I'll repeat it, if our OL play improves to average, we'll have a productive offense. If it doesn't, JP will be the QB in week 9.

In the meantime, can someone send me an application for this Ostrich Club? I like an underdog.

I too feel we have been closer to success than to utter failure. Damn we lost the first game on the last play! I agree also with the QB getting too much credit for the success/failure of the team.

Why does it seem that all the clubs I would be a member of on this board are in the distinct minority? Ostrich, minion, democrat ...

Michael82
09-21-2004, 12:28 PM
I too feel we have been closer to success than to utter failure. Damn we lost the first game on the last play! I agree also with the QB getting too much credit for the success/failure of the team.

Why does it seem that all the clubs I would be a member of on this board are in the distinct minority? Ostrich, minion, democrat ...
I feel your pain. :sadwalk:

FTG
09-21-2004, 12:32 PM
:snicker:

juice
09-21-2004, 04:13 PM
WTH does this have to do with the ostrich club?
Because FTG

Last year it was R. Brown that kept this team from winning.. This Year it Will be Drew.. anyone except TD.

DraftBoy
09-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Because FTG

Last year it was R. Brown that kept this team from winning.. This Year it Will be Drew.. anyone except TD.

You dont read so well do you??? Look at the board there have been numerous threads about alot of this being TD's fault. Hell Eb even started a thread as to why TD wont be fired which is what alot of guys are calling for.

Tatonka
09-21-2004, 05:14 PM
it was drew fault last year too.

:snicker:

FTG
09-21-2004, 05:20 PM
Because FTG

I blamed Drew last year.

BAM
09-21-2004, 09:32 PM
It's all Dorenbaus' fault. After that gay ass special they did on him for HBO last year, we went downhill. QUick.

chernobylwraiths
09-21-2004, 09:40 PM
It's all Dorenbaus' fault. After that gay ass special they did on him for HBO last year, we went downhill. QUick.

I agree. Make his ass disappear.

BAM
09-21-2004, 09:42 PM
Do you remember that? LOL

It was one of the gayest things I've ever seen on a football show.

Mr. Cynical
09-21-2004, 09:45 PM
who is going to fire him??? He is pres and GM...that call has to come from RW...let's see...the seats are full...the boxes are full...there is advertising all over the stadium...you are still talking about the Bills...and they are $5 mil under the cap (which is a savings in Ralph's pocket)...everything off the field is perfect for RW...why the pressure to get rid of Donahoe?? At worst he would have to step down as GM after 2005...then, who becomes your GM?? Tom Modrak? He has been here from the beginning of TD reign; been in on all the decisions. What is going to change??What is going to change is if (or more likely when) this team goes under .500 again this year, making it the 3rd time that has happened in the 4 years that he's been here, seats ain't gonna be full....boxes ain't gonna be full....advertisers will then pull out....and RW will start losing money.