Tom Donahoe better wheel and deal next year...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Tom Donahoe better wheel and deal next year...

Can you imagine next year?? Injury prone McGahee, injury prone Losman and injury prone Evans behind this line?? disaster waiting to happen...there better be some major repairs made pronto.

He better tag Jennings and get a draft pick for him (ala Price)...he better get a LT (and I am not talking about moving Williams over there)...he better get a real center...and a left guard might not be a bad idea either...and I'm still not sold on Villarrial...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    Can you imagine next year?? Injury prone McGahee, injury prone Losman and injury prone Evans behind this line?? disaster waiting to happen...there better be some major repairs made pronto.

He better tag Jennings and get a draft pick for him (ala Price)...he better get a LT (and I am not talking about moving Williams over there)...he better get a real center...and a left guard might not be a bad idea either...and I'm still not sold on Villarrial...
    Losmans had one injury and now he's injury prone? And what exactly does the o-line have to do with Lee Evans? Aside from giving the QB time in the pocket, I would say not much.

That said, this o-line needs to be upgraded big time.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bulldog
      Losmans had one injury and now he's injury prone? And what exactly does the o-line have to do with Lee Evans? Aside from giving the QB time in the pocket, I would say not much.

That said, this o-line needs to be upgraded big time.
      if we are to believe what we are told Vincent mearly clipped him with his shoulder pads...and he broke his leg??? that is injury prone...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Bulldog
        Top Dog
        • Jan 2003

if we are to believe what we are told Vincent mearly clipped him with his shoulder pads...and he broke his leg??? that is injury prone...
        Several people who were actually at the practice have said that is complete BS. Vincent popped him when he wasn't expecting it. A freak injury, yes, but I think its a bit premature to call him injury prone.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

He has been hit one too many times when he was a qb at Tulane and he's been fine. One freak injury does not make him inury prone. Jonnas Jenning on the other hand is injury prone.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Several people who were actually at the practice have said that is complete BS. Vincent popped him when he wasn't expecting it. A freak injury, yes, but I think its a bit premature to call him injury prone.
            I always said it was intentional and I believe it was to "send a message"...big message it sent, didn't it...the point is that he is now injured, there is no guarentee the leg will ever be the same...the line is very bad...I don't feel good about it at all...

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

I always said it was intentional and I believe it was to "send a message"...big message it sent, didn't it...the point is that he is now injured, there is no guarentee the leg will ever be the same...the line is very bad...I don't feel good about it at all...
              If JP were healthy, do you honestly think Mularky would have the sack to bench Bledsoe in favor of Losman? And if he did, do you think TD would allow that to happen? I just wish TD would step up and admit that he was off with regards to Bledsoe and let every one move on. Wishful thinking, we all know that TD's ego would never allow that.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

If JP were healthy, do you honestly think Mularky would have the sack to bench Bledsoe in favor of Losman? And if he did, do you think TD would allow that to happen? I just wish TD would step up and admit that he was off with regards to Bledsoe and let every one move on. Wishful thinking, we all know that TD's ego would never allow that.
                benching DB effectively ends his career...an endpoint I would not be upset with...however, benching him and bringing in anybody who plays worse sends a terrible message to the rest of the team...if you put in ______ and they suck more than DB did then what does that tell your team when you have to put DB back in?? Your team morale is going to be destroyed...if it must be, then it is better to be destroyed by the games than by yanking QBs...you pull DB and put in _____ and they suck more than DB then your season will be even worse than it might be...I can hear everybody screaming if this team went 2-14...

Comment

• Bulldog
                  Top Dog
                  • Jan 2003

if you put in ______ and they suck more than DB did then what does that tell your team when you have to put DB back in??
                  I really don't think that is possible. Its obvious that what they have know isn't working and Bledsoe is a huge part of that. Granted the o-line hasn't been great, but Bledsoe couldn't have hit the ocean from the pier on Sunday. I think Bledsoe looks worse this year than last. And thats saying a mouthful.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Drew will not benched no matter what....per Donahoe.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• Bulldog
                      Top Dog
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      Sadly, I agree.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        if DB continues to play this way then there is no way he can start the whole season...however, you can't pull him after 2 games...he did not lose game 1.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

if DB continues to play this way then there is no way he can start the whole season...however, you can't pull him after 2 games...he did not lose game 1.
                          I agree. He was Dilferlike.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

He has two, maybe three more games in my book. Then I'm dropping out of the Ostrich Club

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Drew will have great games. I doubt he can do it on a consistent basis.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X