PDA

View Full Version : Tom Donahoe better wheel and deal next year...

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Can you imagine next year?? Injury prone McGahee, injury prone Losman and injury prone Evans behind this line?? disaster waiting to happen...there better be some major repairs made pronto.

He better tag Jennings and get a draft pick for him (ala Price)...he better get a LT (and I am not talking about moving Williams over there)...he better get a real center...and a left guard might not be a bad idea either...and I'm still not sold on Villarrial...

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 11:31 AM
Can you imagine next year?? Injury prone McGahee, injury prone Losman and injury prone Evans behind this line?? disaster waiting to happen...there better be some major repairs made pronto.

He better tag Jennings and get a draft pick for him (ala Price)...he better get a LT (and I am not talking about moving Williams over there)...he better get a real center...and a left guard might not be a bad idea either...and I'm still not sold on Villarrial...

Losmans had one injury and now he's injury prone? And what exactly does the o-line have to do with Lee Evans? Aside from giving the QB time in the pocket, I would say not much.

That said, this o-line needs to be upgraded big time.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:34 AM
Losmans had one injury and now he's injury prone? And what exactly does the o-line have to do with Lee Evans? Aside from giving the QB time in the pocket, I would say not much.

That said, this o-line needs to be upgraded big time.
if we are to believe what we are told Vincent mearly clipped him with his shoulder pads...and he broke his leg??? that is injury prone...

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
if we are to believe what we are told Vincent mearly clipped him with his shoulder pads...and he broke his leg??? that is injury prone...

Several people who were actually at the practice have said that is complete BS. Vincent popped him when he wasn't expecting it. A freak injury, yes, but I think its a bit premature to call him injury prone.

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 11:37 AM
He has been hit one too many times when he was a qb at Tulane and he's been fine. One freak injury does not make him inury prone. Jonnas Jenning on the other hand is injury prone.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Several people who were actually at the practice have said that is complete BS. Vincent popped him when he wasn't expecting it. A freak injury, yes, but I think its a bit premature to call him injury prone.
I always said it was intentional and I believe it was to "send a message"...big message it sent, didn't it...the point is that he is now injured, there is no guarentee the leg will ever be the same...the line is very bad...I don't feel good about it at all...

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 11:43 AM
I always said it was intentional and I believe it was to "send a message"...big message it sent, didn't it...the point is that he is now injured, there is no guarentee the leg will ever be the same...the line is very bad...I don't feel good about it at all...

If JP were healthy, do you honestly think Mularky would have the sack to bench Bledsoe in favor of Losman? And if he did, do you think TD would allow that to happen? I just wish TD would step up and admit that he was off with regards to Bledsoe and let every one move on. Wishful thinking, we all know that TD's ego would never allow that.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 11:56 AM
If JP were healthy, do you honestly think Mularky would have the sack to bench Bledsoe in favor of Losman? And if he did, do you think TD would allow that to happen? I just wish TD would step up and admit that he was off with regards to Bledsoe and let every one move on. Wishful thinking, we all know that TD's ego would never allow that.
benching DB effectively ends his career...an endpoint I would not be upset with...however, benching him and bringing in anybody who plays worse sends a terrible message to the rest of the team...if you put in ______ and they suck more than DB did then what does that tell your team when you have to put DB back in?? Your team morale is going to be destroyed...if it must be, then it is better to be destroyed by the games than by yanking QBs...you pull DB and put in _____ and they suck more than DB then your season will be even worse than it might be...I can hear everybody screaming if this team went 2-14...

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 12:03 PM
if you put in ______ and they suck more than DB did then what does that tell your team when you have to put DB back in??

I really don't think that is possible. Its obvious that what they have know isn't working and Bledsoe is a huge part of that. Granted the o-line hasn't been great, but Bledsoe couldn't have hit the ocean from the pier on Sunday. I think Bledsoe looks worse this year than last. And thats saying a mouthful.

justasportsfan
Drew will not benched no matter what....per Donahoe.

Bulldog

Sadly, I agree.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 12:05 PM
if DB continues to play this way then there is no way he can start the whole season...however, you can't pull him after 2 games...he did not lose game 1.

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 12:07 PM
if DB continues to play this way then there is no way he can start the whole season...however, you can't pull him after 2 games...he did not lose game 1.
I agree. He was Dilferlike.

BAM
09-21-2004, 12:08 PM
He has two, maybe three more games in my book. Then I'm dropping out of the Ostrich Club :mad:

justasportsfan
09-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Drew will have great games. I doubt he can do it on a consistent basis.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 12:14 PM
I agree. He was Dilferlike.
:hi5:

Bulldog
09-21-2004, 12:14 PM

He didn't win it either. The Bledsoe led offense put a whole whopping 10 points on the board. Somebody tell me why Buffalo is paying Bledsoe a ridiculous amount of money to baby sit the offense. A QB making the kind of money Bledsoe is should be able to make plays with the game on the line. And what has Bledsoe done in the first 2 weeks of the season that Mathews couldn't of? I was one of the ones that gave Bledsoe a chance heading into this season. I am done with him. And don't tell me about the o-line. If Bledsoe needs to be surrounded with all-pros at every position, then how good is he?

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 12:24 PM
He didn't win it either. The Bledsoe led offense put a whole whopping 10 points on the board. Somebody tell me why Buffalo is paying Bledsoe a ridiculous amount of money to baby sit the offense. A QB making the kind of money Bledsoe is should be able to make plays with the game on the line. And what has Bledsoe done in the first 2 weeks of the season that Mathews couldn't of? I was one of the ones that gave Bledsoe a chance heading into this season. I am done with him. And don't tell me about the o-line. If Bledsoe needs to be surrounded with all-pros at every position, then how good is he?
...and again...who would you have gotten and how much would you have paid to get him and would anybody have bought tix to see him?? remember 1985??? the bottom line is the bottom line.

venis2k1
09-21-2004, 12:28 PM
He better tag Jennings and get a draft pick for him (ala Price)...

and run the risk of having to pay an over rated injury prone left takle(on perhaps the worst line in the league) the average of a top 5 left tackles in the NFL next year? no thanks.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 02:23 PM
and run the risk of having to pay an over rated injury prone left takle(on perhaps the worst line in the league) the average of a top 5 left tackles in the NFL next year? no thanks.
TD better tag him or he walks for free...better to get some sort of draft choice for him...

finsrclowns
09-21-2004, 02:53 PM
TD better tag him or he walks for free...better to get some sort of draft choice for him...

I doubt they risk tagging him. That might scare the rest of the league to death that a slightly above average guy that plays 75% of the time might be hard to sign AND cost them a draft pick. The guy never even came back to TD with a counter offer. He either thinks he's a lot better than he is or he doesn't want to be here. The only reason this is even a conversation is we have NO depth unless you consider McFarland depth. Get used to the idea that he's gone for nothing.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 03:22 PM
I doubt they risk tagging him. That might scare the rest of the league to death that a slightly above average guy that plays 75% of the time might be hard to sign AND cost them a draft pick. The guy never even came back to TD with a counter offer. He either thinks he's a lot better than he is or he doesn't want to be here. The only reason this is even a conversation is we have NO depth unless you consider McFarland depth. Get used to the idea that he's gone for nothing.
that would be a huge mistake...

SABURZFAN
09-21-2004, 03:33 PM
i've been hollering about OL for the last couple years.WR's seemed to be the craze with donahoe. :mad:

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 03:43 PM
i've been hollering about OL for the last couple years.WR's seemed to be the craze with donahoe. :mad:
I think we have been screaming about the OL since Will Wolford went to Indi and House Ballard went to Seattle...John Fina and Jerry Crafts?? PLease.

BuffaloRanger
09-21-2004, 03:48 PM
TD might not be around to wheel and deal next year. He has been criminally negligent in his complete and utter disregard to improving the offensive line.

New coaching hasn't helped the offense at all. Bledsoe has been bad, no doubt. But the buck should stop at the GM and President.

If your O-line sucks - get an experienced, mobile QB. If you stick with a statue, you better have one hell of an O-line.

We have a statue surrounded by screendoors.

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 03:56 PM
TD might not be around to wheel and deal next year. He has been criminally negligent in his complete and utter disregard to improving the offensive line.

New coaching hasn't helped the offense at all. Bledsoe has been bad, no doubt. But the buck should stop at the GM and President.

If your O-line sucks - get an experienced, mobile QB. If you stick with a statue, you better have one hell of an O-line.

We have a statue surrounded by screendoors.
for the third time...he is the GM and Prez...off the field the stands are full (7 sell outs expected this year), the boxes are full, people are buying $60 golf shirts and $200 jerseys in the store...there are plenty of advertisers in the stadium, the rookies were signed with little signing bonus, the Bills are $5mil under the cap (direct savings to RW's pocket)...the bottom line is the bottom line...Monetarily for RW, TD has done wonders. So, let's say that RW does force him to step down as GM...who is the new GM? Bring in somebody new and you can rip it all up and start over again...or you can give it to Modrak who has been here since day 2 of TDs reign...he's been in on all the decisions...what will really change??

jbisset
09-21-2004, 04:01 PM
All TD needs to do is a major upgrade of O-line and find a top DE while Dallas uses our number 1 pick...Good luck TD.