One last thing about the game on Sunday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

One last thing about the game on Sunday!

Last year, week 3 in Miami, Ricky Williams is stopped cold on what I think was 4th and goal with about 2 minutes left, but then on a second or thrid surge he crossed the plane and they gave him a TD.

On Sunday, Travis was still moving his legs and on a second effort he reached the ball over the goal line. I know it’s another judgement call but it still hurts.
    Resign our own guys!
  • FTG
    • Aug 2004

I could not really tell for sure but at that point in the game that one was worth a challenge.
    Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
      I could not really tell for sure but at that point in the game that one was worth a challenge.
      I agree but if you admit that you could not tell then ask yourself if there was CONCLUSIVE proof to overturn the call on the field...the replay rules are such and that might not be fair but I still say there was not conclusive proof...no angle at all.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• FTG
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        I agree but if you admit that you could not tell then ask yourself if there was CONCLUSIVE proof to overturn the call on the field...the replay rules are such and that might not be fair but I still say there was not conclusive proof...no angle at all.
        Thats another disadvantage being a sucky team. Our games don't have all the cameras the national games do so a lot of plays don't get the camera angles needed. I doubt that play would have been reveresed. I'm not critisizing Mularkey for not trying it.
        Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
          Thats another disadvantage being a sucky team. Our games don't have all the cameras the national games do so a lot of plays don't get the camera angles needed. I doubt that play would have been reveresed. I'm not critisizing Mularkey for not trying it.
          I agree...and I would have screamed at GW if he had challanged it...I was going to be willing to give MM the benefit of the doubt...but in rethinking it, if he challanges and loses we lose a TO that might have been important later and he could have demoralized the team...all in all MM did the thing...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            They have a goalline camera. They showed it I think twice in replaying it. CBS coverage sucks. On the one quick time I saw it, I saw Henry's arm with the ball. The first time, I mistook something else for the ball.

Comment

• helmetguy
              Touch the helmet for luck
              • Sep 2002

Of course, it all depends on when the whistle blew. That's something we didn't hear during all those slo-mo replays Sunday.
              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                • Jan 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
                Of course, it all depends on when the whistle blew. That's something we didn't hear during all those slo-mo replays Sunday.
                That's why I want to hear from someone who taped/tivo'd/dvr'd the game.

Comment

Working...
                X