PDA

View Full Version : MNF

northernbillfan
09-21-2004, 12:42 PM
It's too bad you guys have to tolerate Madden on MNF.

Because I work Monday nights, I only have the oppotunity to listen to the games on the radio and it RAWKS!

The announcing team is Marv Albert and Boomer!

Too bad those guys aren't on Tee Vee.

LtBillsFan66
09-21-2004, 12:44 PM
I'm becoming a disgruntled sports fan. I've hated Madden for years. I hate ESPN. I loathe Stuart Scott. I even don't care for Chris Berman.

Way too much schtik nowadays.

They should take a page from Baseball Tonight, which is a good show. Quit promoting youselves and talk about the GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Brasky
09-21-2004, 12:45 PM
I'm becoming a disgruntled sports fan. I've hated Madden for years. I hate ESPN. I loathe Stuart Scott. I even don't care for Chris Berman.

Way too much schtik nowadays.

They should take a page from Baseball Tonight, which is a good show. Quit promoting youselves and talk about the GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bow: :clap:

northernbillfan
09-21-2004, 12:47 PM
That's what I like about Marv and Boomer, they concentrate on the game and the game only. Of course they have to paint a different picture because it's on radio, but they do a helluva job.

LtBillsFan66
09-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Boomer Esiason? Yeah, he's good.

LtBillsFan66
09-21-2004, 12:52 PM
I know this isn't about announcing, but I come home from the game on Sunday, and want to see a recap of what happened. I get home too late to watch NFL tonight. So I put on sportscenter. It's inundated with booyah's and ebonics. So I have it on at 12 midnight. And they finally get to the Bills game at ten to one, and guess f’ing what? No substance. Maybe one highlight and a line about Jerry Rice not continuing his streak. I don’t expect a full rundown of the entire game, but shoe some f’ing highlights. Show me how the game went down.

Bill Brasky
09-21-2004, 12:56 PM
I know this isn't about announcing, but I come home from the game on Sunday, and want to see a recap of what happened. I get home too late to watch NFL tonight. So I put on sportscenter. It's inundated with booyah's and ebonics. So I have it on at 12 midnight. And they finally get to the Bills game at ten to one, and guess f’ing what? No substance. Maybe one highlight and a line about Jerry Rice not continuing his streak. I don’t expect a full rundown of the entire game, but shoe some f’ing highlights. Show me how the game went down.

I used to love watching pregame shows, but now I don't even bother. They talk about the same five teams for 2 ****ing hours, just like this week w/ Philly and Minn. And then you just get a rebuilt version when you watch Sportscenter. You're better off watching Empire -- ugghh.

LtBillsFan66
09-21-2004, 01:12 PM
If they want to keep it entertaining, yet have substance, they should ditch the lazy eyed booyah, and Michael Irvin and just have Tom Jackson, Chris Berman (who work well togther as a team) along with Ron Jaworski. I can deal with Berman if he's contained.

Irvin and Stu are making a mockery of it and drowning out TJ and Jaws.

R. Rich
09-21-2004, 01:14 PM
I don't have to tolerate Madden. I just don't watch MNF.

LABillzFan
09-21-2004, 01:30 PM
I don't have to tolerate Madden. I just don't watch MNF.
Man, there's something wrong with me. I LOVE Monday Night Football. In fact, primetime football is my favorite...even if the announcers suck. Maybe it's because I'm on the left coast, because the games start at either 5:30 or 6 p.m. The grill is fired up. Steaks are ready for the heat. Beers just starting to go down. And only one game to watch, without wondering what is happening in the other games. The 60" bigscreen is cranking out hi-def. Audio turned up...especially with a dome game...

For some reason, the announcers don't really bother me. Even Madden.

The only thing I don't like about primetime games is watching my Bills play. You just know...you JUST KNOW...it's gonna suck.

Bill Brasky
09-21-2004, 02:17 PM
If they want to keep it entertaining, yet have substance, they should ditch the lazy eyed booyah, and Michael Irvin and just have Tom Jackson, Chris Berman (who work well togther as a team) along with Ron Jaworski. I can deal with Berman if he's contained.

Irvin and Stu are making a mockery of it and drowning out TJ and Jaws.

You know what... Irvin at times really does say some good stuff... but 90% I would much rather not hear him. It really bothers me when other guys are trying to talk and he just yells over them the entire broadcast... I can't even hear what the other guys are saying half the time, which is why I don't watch it anymore. If I wanted to listen to a jumbled mess, I'd go listen to death metal.

To top it off, before every commercial break Stuart Scott has to thrown some assinine statistic at you that doesn't even really hold any significance to anything just so he can show you he dug up a stat book and prove that he know's something.

"ey check it out... my boy Donovan... on fire dawg. First QB in world history to run 4.4 forty, throw 2 interceptions on opening day in 2003, drink a glass o gatorade afterwards, then come back and lose an NFC Championship at home... pure skills dawg, how many can hold claim to dat" - stuart scott

Gunzlingr
09-21-2004, 04:46 PM
You know what... Irvin at times really does say some good stuff... but 90% I would much rather not hear him. It really bothers me when other guys are trying to talk and he just yells over them the entire broadcast... I can't even hear what the other guys are saying half the time, which is why I don't watch it anymore. If I wanted to listen to a jumbled mess, I'd go listen to death metal.

To top it off, before every commercial break Stuart Scott has to thrown some assinine statistic at you that doesn't even really hold any significance to anything just so he can show you he dug up a stat book and prove that he know's something.

"ey check it out... my boy Donovan... on fire dawg. First QB in world history to run 4.4 forty, throw 2 interceptions on opening day in 2003, drink a glass o gatorade afterwards, then come back and lose an NFC Championship at home... pure skills dawg, how many can hold claim to dat" - stuart scott

:rofl:

I friggin' hate that numbnuts.