PDA

View Full Version : For all those who want more of McGahee...

Ebenezer
09-21-2004, 04:07 PM
forget it! Every time he touches the ball you decrease the value of Henry. If McGahee is to be the back of the future and Henry is to be traded at the end of the year for VALUE (note: a nice high draft choice) then TH has to touch the ball as much as possible and score as many TDs as possible.

The more you want McGahee the less value TH has...the lower the pick...and the worse the pick of McGahee looks...

You can scream all you want...Henry gets the bulk of the carries no matter what happens...he has to keep trade value high.

Canadian'eh!
09-21-2004, 04:10 PM
forget it! Every time he touches the ball you decrease the value of Henry. If McGahee is to be the back of the future and Henry is to be traded at the end of the year for VALUE (note: a nice high draft choice) then TH has to touch the ball as much as possible and score as many TDs as possible.

The more you want McGahee the less value TH has...the lower the pick...and the worse the pick of McGahee looks...

You can scream all you want...Henry gets the bulk of the carries no matter what happens...he has to keep trade value high.

I don't care... this season isn't over yet... and If we have to sacrifice Henry's trade value in order to put a better player ont he field or help this team win... then so be it.

I doubt we are getting a 1st round pick for him anyway.

finsrclowns
09-21-2004, 04:31 PM

:limp: If Henry produces like he is the only result will be losing even more games. Worry after 2 games about draft values? Coaches can't think that way. Henry is a quality back but what does he offer on third and more than 3 other than missed blitz pick up? And if he runs into the pile at the goal line does that raise his trade value? Henry will get the bulk of the carries but Willis needs to be on the field a lot more. If you can keep drives alive there's enough carries for them both. The two should be able to complement one another's talents and improve the offensive production.

FTG
09-21-2004, 04:46 PM
The time when we could have gotten (note: a nice high draft choice) for Travis Henry is gone.

We may be able to get a 2nd out of him now but I'm would not put money on it.

Mr. Cynical
09-22-2004, 12:40 AM

If that's how you feel then you should want WM to get more, not less. They way TH and the O are playing, the more people see TH get < 100 ypg, the less he will be worth.

Anyway, I don't want to play someone just to increase trade value. I want WM to start because he needs the reps and he is our future. Just like JP. Get them experience now because the season will be a complete loss otherwise. (meaning our record is going to suck no matter who is in there so we may as well start preparing for the future)

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-22-2004, 07:25 AM
You aren't going to devalue Henry. Other teams aren't stupid, they know what you get with TH if he touches the ball 20 times or 17.

carybillsfan
09-22-2004, 01:18 PM
Travis will bring us no better than a 3rd rounder, or late 2nd. His value, including in last years draft, was no better than this. Dillon was traded for a 2nd rder (56th overall) and will outrush Travis by at least 300 yds this year. I just don't see why everyone's so high on TH, I like him but he's no elite back, never was, never will be. You guys are just not being realistic in thinking we get a high draft choice for him.

And let Willis play, break him this year so we don't have those "growing pains" I keep hearing about year after year after year after year....

Buckets
09-22-2004, 02:00 PM

Your priorities are a little skewed. We are supposed to be winning games not cultivating players for trade.

Ebenezer
09-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Your priorities are a little skewed. We are supposed to be winning games not cultivating players for trade.
depends on if you are a coach, a fan or the GM.

FTG
09-22-2004, 02:36 PM
depends on if you are a coach, a fan or the GM.

The priority of all 3 should be to win first and worry about next year when it comes

Ebenezer
09-22-2004, 02:43 PM
The priority of all 3 should be to win first and worry about next year when it comes
sorry, somebody has to have a long-term view of things...

long-term planning prevents half-assed, short-term results filled with lots of mistakes that comeback to haunt you at much later times because you are only focused on the now...ask GWB. :;

FTG
09-22-2004, 02:48 PM
sorry, somebody has to have a long-term view of things...

long-term planning prevents half-assed, short-term results filled with lots of mistakes that comeback to haunt you at much later times because you are only focused on the now...ask GWB. :;

Do you really think if McGahee gets to be the main back for a couple series a game thats gonna significantly drop Henrys trade value? Sorry, I don't buy it. Were getting a 3rd or at max a 2nd for Henry. 2 or 3 hundred yards ain't gonna make a differance

The_Philster
09-22-2004, 06:31 PM
Sorry Eb...but I'm agreeing with FTG on this one. We play for this season until it's basically over.

jbisset
09-22-2004, 06:42 PM
I agree...However, if we do not get a first round pick, I would keep him. He is cheap for his skill level and McGahee is not proven.

ScottLawrence
09-22-2004, 07:26 PM
I agree...However, if we do not get a first round pick, I would keep him. He is cheap for his skill level and McGahee is not proven.

We won't get a first round pick for him....I think second round.

Which is fine by me.... We could package those picks for a first rounder.....Personally I think we should trade Henry for the highest pick possible and trade down to get as many 2nd to 3rd round picks as possible.

TD did this in the 2001 draft and, had his best draft in years.

FTG
09-22-2004, 08:34 PM

Which is exactly why McGahee should get at least some playing time. We need to know what we have. We're not gonna know on 2 carries a game

jbisset
09-23-2004, 01:25 AM
Which is exactly why McGahee should get at least some playing time. We need to know what we have. We're not gonna know on 2 carries a game

McGahee does not currently have the burst of speed needed for the NFL. If we play and judge him this year, he will grade out low.

jbisset
09-23-2004, 01:27 AM
We won't get a first round pick for him....I think second round.

Which is fine by me.... We could package those picks for a first rounder.....Personally I think we should trade Henry for the highest pick possible and trade down to get as many 2nd to 3rd round picks as possible.

TD did this in the 2001 draft and, had his best draft in years.

We can address the oline in free agency and with 2 -4 round picks. However, we need a very high number 1 pick to address the DE need.

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2004, 01:27 AM
WM needs at least 10-15 touches a game. He needs reps to get in gear. He said it himself and so did MM. Until he gets that many we won't know where he is.

Marvelous
09-23-2004, 04:04 AM
I'm with Ebenezer on this one. We must prepare for the future. Do some fans really think we are gonna just fix Bledsoes problem? We had all offseason and notta. So i don't see how a bye week is gonna teach a old dog a new trick.
It may only be 0-2 but the way Drew played theres no way he just adjust and opens defenses up....

Typ0
09-23-2004, 06:07 AM
Do you really think if McGahee gets to be the main back for a couple series a game thats gonna significantly drop Henrys trade value? Sorry, I don't buy it. Were getting a 3rd or at max a 2nd for Henry. 2 or 3 hundred yards ain't gonna make a differance

I also think it's his ypc that are going to count...he has already had consecutive 1000+ yard seasons everyone knows he can do it...if he keeps getting 25 carries per game and averages 2 ypc that's not good...but if he gets 15 and averages 3.5 that's very good.