This pretty much rings true, doesn't it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

This pretty much rings true, doesn't it?

Time for some offense
    You've got to feel for the Buffalo defense, a unit that has surrendered 26 points in two games, and lost both because the Bills offense could generate only 20 points. Rookie coach Mike Mularkey and his staff, which have gone to the extreme to play things close to the vest in an effort to salvage Drew Bledsoe's flagging career, might have to open things up and take their chances. Buffalo is playing not to lose, instead of playing to win, and the results have not been promising.

Morning After
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Spot on.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Right on!

Comment

• Jeff1220
        • Jul 2002

Here's another one from espn.com: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...age=snap/week2

One word to describe Drew Bledsoe:
        Eric Neel: Ripe

Patrick Hruby: Post-traumaticstressdisorder

Michael Smith: Slow

Allan Grant: notRyanLeaf

Comment

• Jeff1220
          • Jul 2002

wait, there's more...(same link): Isn't it great to be in the spotlight again?

Third down: Whatever happened to Drew Bledsoe? Anybody know if he's still in the league?

Jeff Merron: His O-line apparently forgot he's still in the league.

Alan Grant: Ah, I feel most equipped to answer this one. I just witnessed the Bills offense struggle against a Raiders defense, which is average at best. This much is true: Bledsoe is still a premier quarterback. But obscurity has a way of enveloping those quarterbacks for whom absolutely no offensive lineman will block.

Eric Neel: I know he can still play; I saw the long ball to Lee Evans. But when your most productive play of the day is a kissed-by-the-gods force job through 47 Raiders defenders and into the hands of Eric Moulds, you're pressing. And when you're pressing, you're liable to be 0-2.

AG's right, the offensive line is leaving him back in the pocket looking like a screaming high-schooler in the face of Michael Myers, all quivering, helpless and doomed. And the way they looked Sunday, the question isn't whether Drew is in the league now, it's whether he'll be around and moving under his own power a week or two from now, because if ever a man looked ripe to hang in a half-second too long in the hopes of making a big play, he's the man.

Skip Bayless: This isn't Lasiks-vision hindsight. I said publicly at the time that the Patriots were making the right move trading Bledsoe to a division rival because it would hurt the Bills more than help them. Bill Belichick knew Bledsoe just isn't the kind of guy you want in your foxhole or leading your huddle. He has a high weenie factor. He's a whiner. He's a pocket statue and his velocity is too often undercut by a deliberate release. In some ways, Bill Parcells got New England to the Super Bowl in spite of Bledsoe. Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn at the peak of their powers took some pressure and focus off Bledsoe. Though the Bills are on the rise, they're not quite good enough to overcome the Big Weenie.

Patrick Hruby: Well, the Bills keep losing, so it's safe to assume Bledsoe is still around.

Comment

• HenryRules
            • Jul 2002

Pretty much covers everyone on this board's viewpoint.

I'm not saying everything is Drew's fault, but whatever you feel, you have to admit this is a good line
            Well, the Bills keep losing, so it's safe to assume Bledsoe is still around.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                too.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                  I second that emotion
                  You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Skip Bayless: This isn't Lasiks-vision hindsight. I said publicly at the time that the Patriots were making the right move trading Bledsoe to a division rival because it would hurt the Bills more than help them. Bill Belichick knew Bledsoe just isn't the kind of guy you want in your foxhole or leading your huddle. He has a high weenie factor. He's a whiner. He's a pocket statue and his velocity is too often undercut by a deliberate release. In some ways, Bill Parcells got New England to the Super Bowl in spite of Bledsoe. Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn at the peak of their powers took some pressure and focus off Bledsoe. Though the Bills are on the rise, they're not quite good enough to overcome the Big Weenie."
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      Skip Bayless: This isn't Lasiks-vision hindsight. I said publicly at the time that the Patriots were making the right move trading Bledsoe to a division rival because it would hurt the Bills more than help them. Bill Belichick knew Bledsoe just isn't the kind of guy you want in your foxhole or leading your huddle. He has a high weenie factor. He's a whiner. He's a pocket statue and his velocity is too often undercut by a deliberate release. In some ways, Bill Parcells got New England to the Super Bowl in spite of Bledsoe. Curtis Martin and Terry Glenn at the peak of their powers took some pressure and focus off Bledsoe. Though the Bills are on the rise, they're not quite good enough to overcome the Big Weenie."
                      It hurts to say this, but

Comment

• shelby
                        The Vanilla *****
                        • Jul 2002

i agree with many of the points made, but i don't see Drew as a whiner.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by shelby
                          i agree with many of the points made, but i don't see Drew as a whiner.
                          Me neither. Was he a whiner in NE when he sat on the bench, ready to play again and for the good of the team kept his mouth shut? Guess not.

I'm not taking advice from a grown man whose name is Skip.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Skip Bayless is an idiot. We ran him out of Chicago on a rail.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              Skip Bayless is an idiot. We ran him out of Chicago on a rail.
                              should've run him further. He was excruciating to watch on PTI a while back
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X