PDA

View Full Version : give it a shot

Bled2Hen
09-21-2004, 10:03 PM
remember in 2002 drew threw for those 300 yard and 400 yard games.. and in those games he went deep about 4 to 5 times a game.. possibly more.... well..... i want that guy and that scheme back... let him throw the ball.. i mean... i think he threw just 2 passes deep last week and 1 was for 65 yards in the end .. when the game was out of reach.. i really think that the play calling should allow drew to throw more down feild... wayyy down field... i know we are supposed to be a pound the ball down their throats team, but... we need some confidence.. and drew needs some confidence... i mean.. i dont know if it would be a good thing to expirment this agaisnt the champion pats in 2 weeks... i'd rather have a solid, controlling game-plan... but, some where down the line.. i think they gota let drew Air It Out... and i know that people are going to say.. he holds onto the ball.. he will never get enough time... well... i dont see anything else working for us.. i think after the pats game.. which i predict will be close... we gota let drew do some early 2002 stuff for us... just as an expirement..... idk.. just a guess.. dont jump on me!

Drive 4 Five
09-21-2004, 10:45 PM
God damn! Just bench his ass already and stop trying to figure out ways to resuscitate his career. Logically speaking, he is going to be benched after this Patriots game. Mark my words. They are going to F#CKING kill him. I hate to be so damn pessimistic, but he is done.

hurls
09-21-2004, 10:51 PM
God damn! Just bench his ass already and stop trying to figure out ways to resuscitate his career. Logically speaking, he is going to be benched after this Patriots game. Mark my words. They are going to F#CKING kill him. I hate to be so damn pessimistic, but he is done.

I hate to agree w/ such a pessimistic view, but right on! Jerry Sullivan wrote a good article in the Buff News. How much longer can we stand the same rerun? Maybe Mathews can do better, probably not. But worth a shot, with this O-Line we shoulda signed Kordell Stewart.

OpIv37
09-22-2004, 07:46 AM
The only problem with letting Bledsoe air it out is that it takes the receivers 3-4 seconds to get downfield and the O-line can't hold the pressure that long. If he can get the ball off, even a few incompletes down the field will stretch the defense for the run or shorter passes

R. Rich
09-22-2004, 09:04 AM
The only problem with letting Bledsoe air it out is that it takes the receivers 3-4 seconds to get downfield and the O-line can't hold the pressure that long. If he can get the ball off, even a few incompletes down the field will stretch the defense for the run or shorter passes

Oh, that's not the only problem, OpIv37. Here's just a few:

Drew still locks onto Moulds at times, failing to notice wide open 2nd and 3rd options.

Drew still has some difficulty delivering the ball to the WRs in stride. Too many balls thrown behind them, over their heads, or at their feet.

Way too many drops by ALL of the WRs, including St. Eric Moulds. That has to stop NOW if we're to develop any continuity in the passing game!

The WRs also must do a better job of getting off the line of scrimmage AND of finding the open areas of the field, so that Bledsoe will have something to go to when the rush is on, which is virtually every play.

LABillzFan
09-22-2004, 09:31 AM
First of all, Rich is 100% accurate in his assessment.

Second of all, let's play a game. It's called "Find Words You'd Never Expect To See Together in a Sentence."

I'll go first.

Jerry Sullivan wrote a good article in the Buff News.

Drewpac
09-22-2004, 09:50 AM
remember in 2002 drew threw for those 300 yard and 400 yard games.. and in those games he went deep about 4 to 5 times a game.. possibly more.... well..... i want that guy and that scheme back... let him throw the ball.. i mean... i think he threw just 2 passes deep last week and 1 was for 65 yards in the end .. when the game was out of reach.. i really think that the play calling should allow drew to throw more down feild... wayyy down field... i know we are supposed to be a pound the ball down their throats team, but... we need some confidence.. and drew needs some confidence... i mean.. i dont know if it would be a good thing to expirment this agaisnt the champion pats in 2 weeks... i'd rather have a solid, controlling game-plan... but, some where down the line.. i think they gota let drew Air It Out... and i know that people are going to say.. he holds onto the ball.. he will never get enough time... well... i dont see anything else working for us.. i think after the pats game.. which i predict will be close... we gota let drew do some early 2002 stuff for us... just as an expirement..... idk.. just a guess.. dont jump on me!

This was the same offense we ran during the final 8 games of the 2002 season. Do you remember how bad Bledsoe was then? If you can't remember, pop in a tape of the Green Bay or the 2nd NE game. That should quell your enthusiasm. The only offense that Bledsoe could run effectively is one in which he hands the ball off on every play. Well, now that I think of it he is kind of slow handing off the ball as well.

justasportsfan
09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Nope, the only time we start airing it out is when our running game is a huge weapon. Right now it isn't much of a running game.

OpIv37
09-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Oh, that's not the only problem, OpIv37. Here's just a few:

Drew still locks onto Moulds at times, failing to notice wide open 2nd and 3rd options.

Drew still has some difficulty delivering the ball to the WRs in stride. Too many balls thrown behind them, over their heads, or at their feet.

Way too many drops by ALL of the WRs, including St. Eric Moulds. That has to stop NOW if we're to develop any continuity in the passing game!

The WRs also must do a better job of getting off the line of scrimmage AND of finding the open areas of the field, so that Bledsoe will have something to go to when the rush is on, which is virtually every play.

The drops really have me concerned as well- Moulds has at least 4, and the interception against Oakland was Travis Henry's fault. Yes, Bledsoe puts a lot of heat on the ball, but they've been playing together for 3 seasons and Henry's a professional football player. He should know how to catch, or failing that, at least knock the ball down so the defender can't make a play.

LABillzFan
09-22-2004, 10:11 AM
The drops really have me concerned as well- Moulds has at least 4, and the interception against Oakland was Travis Henry's fault. Yes, Bledsoe puts a lot of heat on the ball, but they've been playing together for 3 seasons and Henry's a professional football player. He should know how to catch, or failing that, at least knock the ball down so the defender can't make a play.
Someone referred to Henry as using alligator arms on that catch, and I completely agree. If you watch that play, you can see he never extends his arms to get the ball. Is it because he CAN'T?? I don't know.

Drive 4 Five
09-22-2004, 01:36 PM

How can you say that that interception is Henry's fault. That is obsurd. First of all, Henry is like 5'8" not 6'3". Travis was W-I-D-E open, a very simple dump off pass and Drew throws the ball too damn hard and too damn high. Secondly, did you forget how Drew hung Travis out against the Titans on a throw that was behind him instead of in front and in his hands, where there was nothing but open space for like 15 yds., and instaed he almost gets Henry killed by Keith Bullock. C'mon with this **** already.

shotgun
09-22-2004, 04:37 PM
i think if bledsoe would of went long4 or 5 times vs the jags we would of won big