PDA

View Full Version : You guys should think about getting "Patriots Reign"

Ickybaluky
09-22-2004, 06:58 AM
"Patriots Reign" is a book just released by Michael Holley (formerly of the Boston Globe). He was given inside access to the Patriots for 2 years, in 2002 and 2003, and this book covers that time frame.

While Bills fans may think initially they would not like the book, there are sections covering the Bledsoe and Milloy situations which are must reads. It provides suprisingly detailed descriptions of what went on.

There are other sections that are of interest to general football fans, such as when how the operation works is discussed, that is interesting. However, the parts on the Milloy and Bledsoe leave no doubt why those players were let go.

The thing that makes this book interesting is the rare honesty of it, the true behind-the-scenes view. It isn't a highly technical view or a hard read, but it surprises with some things that are said. For instance, the Pats coaches state right in the book they think Buffalo's OL is crap and that Nate Clements is vulnerable to the deep pass (this was 2002). That may not be ground-breaking, but it is surprising to read in a book given the teams will paly in a few weeks.

There is definitely more in this book for a Pats fan than anyone else, but the sections relevant to the Bills are interesting as well. That includes the Bledsoe and Milloy situations, as well as how the Pats game-planned against them.

Thailog80
09-22-2004, 07:02 AM
If I run out of Charmin I'll make sure I pick up a copy.

Earthquake Enyart
09-22-2004, 07:17 AM
Why don't you just tell us about the 2 pages we care about?

You can go buy "Relentless" too to find out what Lou Saban said about Gino Cappiletti. Those 2 sentences would be VERY interesting to Pats fans.

BAM
09-22-2004, 07:24 AM
LOL

superbills
09-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the tip NE39. I might just pick up that book. Despite the cynicism of my fellow BillsZone cohorts here, I'm always interested in seeing what goes on behind the scenes of other teams. I read Gruden's book and that offered a fantastic insight on what it takes to make it as an up and coming coach in the league. Look guys, I know it's the Pats, but it might be worth a trip to Borders to grab the book and a coffee and at least read the important stuff.

Earthquake Enyart
09-22-2004, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the tip NE39. I might just pick up that book. Despite the cynicism of my fellow BillsZone cohorts here, I'm always interested in seeing what goes on behind the scenes of other teams. I read Gruden's book and that offered a fantastic insight on what it takes to make it as an up and coming coach in the league. Look guys, I know it's the Pats, but it might be worth a trip to Borders to grab the book and a coffee and at least read the important stuff.
No it's not.

What's next, Don Shula's memoirs?

LtBillsFan66
09-22-2004, 10:41 AM
Thaks for the info NE39. I love the sport, and it sounds like an interesting read.

Hemlepp53
09-22-2004, 10:43 AM
If I run out of Charmin I'll make sure I pick up a copy.
:roflmao: :clap:

Hemlepp53
09-22-2004, 10:45 AM
I might go to Borders and grab the book take a walk to the coffe shop inside and read the bit while I drink my coffee.. Then put it back... I sometimes Use Borders Like a Libaray...

Ickybaluky
09-22-2004, 11:37 AM
There is a lot more than a couple pages in the book about the Bills. It is a very good read for any football fan...

FTG
09-22-2004, 02:44 PM
There is a lot more than a couple pages in the book about the Bills. It is a very good read for any football fan...

Is there a chapter that talks about how Bellichek was :roflmao: when Doanahoe actually gave him a #1 for Bledsoe?

Jayhawk
09-22-2004, 02:59 PM
next book recomdonation - Neil Lomax - my years as a Cardnial, and why Bidwell rocks!

why should we care about anything other than the Bills.

juice
09-22-2004, 03:08 PM
Patriot Propaganda, Dont get cute during our Bye Week NE39, Save the trash talk for game week.. Quit SPLASHING the Board. :yap:

Ickybaluky
09-22-2004, 06:42 PM
First of all, I'll post when and whatever I want, within the rules of the joint. Who are you to tell me how to post or act? Take your advice and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Secondly, I don't trash talk. I may post a dissenting opinion or post something I think is interesting, but I try to back stuff up with logic and facts. I don't really care if others want to talk trash, it doesn't have any effect on me. I don't work for any team, and I don't derive my sense of self worth by how well (or poorly) the football team I grew up rooting for does.

Finally, if you don't want to read the book that is fine, but you can't pass judgement on it unless you do. I thought it was a very informative book, even for non-Patriots fans. It does have a Patriots slant (it is about their team), but there is a lot of behind the scenes information about the draft and the way a team is run that any football fan would find interesting.

I suggested the book for football fans, not Bills fans. I read a lot of football books. I found both of Bill Walsh's books to be excellent (among the best ever written if you want to understand the game), but I'm not a 49er fan. Why should that keep me from enjoying those books?

In short, grow up and go f**k yourself.

juice
09-22-2004, 08:18 PM
First of all, I'll post when and whatever I want, within the rules of the joint. Who are you to tell me how to post or act? Take your advice and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Secondly, I don't trash talk. I may post a dissenting opinion or post something I think is interesting, but I try to back stuff up with logic and facts. I don't really care if others want to talk trash, it doesn't have any effect on me. I don't work for any team, and I don't derive my sense of self worth by how well (or poorly) the football team I grew up rooting for does.

Finally, if you don't want to read the book that is fine, but you can't pass judgement on it unless you do. I thought it was a very informative book, even for non-Patriots fans. It does have a Patriots slant (it is about their team), but there is a lot of behind the scenes information about the draft and the way a team is run that any football fan would find interesting.

I suggested the book for football fans, not Bills fans. I read a lot of football books. I found both of Bill Walsh's books to be excellent (among the best ever written if you want to understand the game), but I'm not a 49er fan. Why should that keep me from enjoying those books?

In short, grow up and go f**k yourself.
I'm not in the Mood Patty-Cake.. Take that Fodder back to the Pats Boards.. We dont read any of that Brady-Bunch Book of the Month Mess.

If its not TRASH-TALK then go post it on everyone elses Boards.. Don't Trash Bills Boards. Wait Till Game week, Geek to talk ***** or you may get F**ked.

lordofgun
09-22-2004, 08:37 PM
Chill out, guys. No personal attacks are allowed.

FTG
09-22-2004, 08:45 PM
:rolleyes: @ juice I'd much rather read NE39's post than your Ruben Brown loving crap!

Dozerdog
09-22-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm not in the Mood Patty-Cake.. Take that Fodder back to the Pats Boards.. We dont read any of that Brady-Bunch Book of the Month Mess.

If its not TRASH-TALK then go post it on everyone elses Boards.. Don't Trash Bills Boards. Wait Till Game week, Geek to talk ***** or you may get F**ked.

Very immature, Juice.

NE39 is probably one of the most knowlegeable football fans on this board- he's in my top 5 anyway.

Grow up

juice
09-22-2004, 08:53 PM
FTG you post like a Pats fan so I'm not surprised YOU LIKE His POST.. Ruben Lovers and Bledsoe Bashers are all just Titles, but a true fan doesn't turn on the QB in week Two :loser:

And NE39 claims he doesn't trash talk but I remember some of his early posts after game 1 of last year.. Seemed like he was doing his fair share of S**T Talking, so dont try to come off as an innocent Analyst now.

juice
09-22-2004, 08:58 PM
Very immature, Juice.

NE39 is probably one of the most knowlegeable football fans on this board- he's in my top 5 anyway.

Grow up
He's dropping F-Bombs and I'm the one that needs to grow up.. Dozer why dont you run on out and get a copy of Patriot Reighn.. maybe we can get some pointers on how to beat the Pats in 2 Wks.

Recognize Trash Talk.

FTG
09-22-2004, 09:06 PM
FTG you post like a Pats fan so I'm not surprised YOU LIKE His POST.. Ruben Lovers and Bledsoe Bashers are all just Titles, but a true fan doesn't turn on the QB in week Two :loser:

NE39 knows more about the game than you can dream about and I've turned on the QB after 26 games of playing like ****, not 2 weeks Ruben.

juice
09-22-2004, 09:13 PM
NE39 knows more about the game than you can dream about and I've turned on the QB after 26 games of playing like ****, not 2 weeks Ruben.
Its obvious he knows more about the game than you, because his team is 2-0, and your still waiting for your starting QB to fail. Ask NE about team Loyalty, since a Patty fan is your new HERO. Maybe you guys can sit together at the game and Both Boo Drew.

FTG
09-22-2004, 09:22 PM
To quote Dozer:

Very immature, Juice.

Grow up

juice
09-22-2004, 09:29 PM
And to Quote NE, Why dont you Bills fans go out and read "Patriot Reign" to get insight on how a REAL organization is run.

Trash Talk.. We'll see how much S**t he talks after MY Bills beat the hell outta the Pats in 2 weeks.

And I hope Bledsoe has 3 TD passes just for you Hating Bills Fans.. Sellouts :fury:

FTG
09-22-2004, 09:35 PM
:coocoo:

illusionone
09-22-2004, 09:53 PM
:rolleyes: @ juice I'd much rather read NE39's post than your Ruben Brown loving crap!

and your attacks on Bledsoe

juice
09-22-2004, 09:58 PM
A few of these :yap: Posters sound like Moles.. In the closet Pats Fans.. The QB sucks, The HC Sucks, The GM Sucks.. now they are reading Patriot Publications.. FTG is gonna switch parties in the middle of the Election.

Mr. Cynical
09-23-2004, 01:42 AM
Why don't you just tell us about the 2 pages we care about?

You can go buy "Relentless" too to find out what Lou Saban said about Gino Cappiletti. Those 2 sentences would be VERY interesting to Pats fans.While I do respect NE39's football knowledge, I do find it a bit insulting to ask us to read a book about a hated divison rival who not only has beaten us 6-2 in the last 8 games and won 2 SBs, but also dumped 2 players on us, laughing all the way to the bank.

I have to believe NE had good intentions since I can't remember him ever starting up flames. But intentional or not, I still think it is an insult to post this on a Bills site IMO.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2004, 03:27 AM
I have to believe NE had good intentions since I can't remember him ever starting up flames. But intentional or not, I still think it is an insult to post this on a Bills site IMO.

Really?? Maybe you have a point, then. I withdraw the post, forget about it.

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-23-2004, 06:16 AM
"Patriots Reign" is a book just released by Michael Holley (formerly of the Boston Globe). He was given inside access to the Patriots for 2 years, in 2002 and 2003, and this book covers that time frame.

While Bills fans may think initially they would not like the book, there are sections covering the Bledsoe and Milloy situations which are must reads. It provides suprisingly detailed descriptions of what went on.

There are other sections that are of interest to general football fans, such as when how the operation works is discussed, that is interesting. However, the parts on the Milloy and Bledsoe leave no doubt why those players were let go.

The thing that makes this book interesting is the rare honesty of it, the true behind-the-scenes view. It isn't a highly technical view or a hard read, but it surprises with some things that are said. For instance, the Pats coaches state right in the book they think Buffalo's OL is crap and that Nate Clements is vulnerable to the deep pass (this was 2002). That may not be ground-breaking, but it is surprising to read in a book given the teams will paly in a few weeks.

There is definitely more in this book for a Pats fan than anyone else, but the sections relevant to the Bills are interesting as well. That includes the Bledsoe and Milloy situations, as well as how the Pats game-planned against them.
Ill tell you where you could stick your stupid book.

lordofgun
09-23-2004, 07:01 AM
While I do respect NE39's football knowledge, I do find it a bit insulting to ask us to read a book about a hated divison rival who not only has beaten us 6-2 in the last 8 games and won 2 SBs, but also dumped 2 players on us, laughing all the way to the bank.

An insult??? I think you guys are taking this a bit too seriously.

finsrclowns
09-23-2004, 08:10 AM
ok, I'll bite- who's ticat? And is he autistic?

superbills
09-23-2004, 08:18 AM
A bit too seriously is an understatement. Most of us here are die hard Bills fans, to be sure, and I can appreciate the passion that we show when talking about our team and what happens on the field. We have some of the most knowledgeable FOOTBALL fans in the entire league. That's why I defected from the Bills boards and came over here a couple of years ago.

But it's crap like what's being written in this post that turns a board's posts into nothing more than a "woe-is-me-my-team-is-playing-rotten-football-and-I-will-cry-like-a-little-girl-to-anyone-who-will-listen" waste of time. NE39 simply pointed out that there was a book written about a team that has won two Super Bowls in three years and might be on their way to a third. God forbid we read something about how a team other than ours has become successful, especially considering that they have reached near-dynasty status in this "salary-cap era".

Look, come gametime, I hate the Pats as much as anyone else here. I want Takeo showing Brady what FieldTurf tastes like and I want to see Henry and Moulds handing the Pats "D" their jocks after schooling them on their way to the endzone. But that's not what this post is about. It's about a very knowledgeable contributor to this board suggesting a book that FOOTBALL fans might enjoy reading. God forbid we refer to ourselves as FOOTBALL fans and not merely BILLS fans at any point in time. Calling out NE39 as a troll is not only way off-base, but actually brings that poster to troll status themselves.

We like to think of ourselves as knowledgeable, rabid fans whose hunger for the game of football bears no rival. Many of us live up to that standard. However, for the few who think that Bills fans should live in a football vacuum, I say go start your own board. Maybe call it the "We've Sucked the Life Out of the Game For You so Enjoy *****ing at Each Other All Day" Zone. What a blast that would be :shakeno:

juice
09-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Very immature, Juice.

Grow up
Good to see everyone here isn't sleeping with the enemy.. How many remember the tone of NE39 posts last year after we put a foot in the Pats Ass in game one?

Was he your "TOP FIVE" then?

Bills Fans Please Stand Up.. The Season isn't over with yet..

lordofgun
09-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Good to see everyone here isn't sleeping with the enemy.. How many remember the tone of NE39 posts last year after we put a foot in the Pats Ass in game one?

Was he your "TOP FIVE" then?

Bills Fans Please Stand Up.. The Season isn't over with yet..
NE39 is far from the enemy. I'd say he knows a lot more about the Bills than a lot of Bills fans do. Can you tell me how much cutting Bledsoe would cost the Bills? Didn't think so...

Stop attacking fellow posters. That goes for everyone.

juice
09-23-2004, 08:57 AM
NE39 is far from the enemy. I'd say he knows a lot more about the Bills than a lot of Bills fans do. Can you tell me how much cutting Bledsoe would cost the Bills? Didn't think so...

Stop attacking fellow posters. That goes for everyone.
No but I can tell you that we are gonna put FOOT in the PATS ASS..

Why would a True Fan even be discussing Cutting their Starting QB after Game 2 Anyway. I hope the TEAM isn't feeling as sorry for themselves as the the FANS.

And since when isn't your next OPPONENT considered the Enemy.. Especially when he comes to your Board and STARTS dropping F-Bombs?

finsrclowns
09-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Like it or not, NE has a very talented, well coached team. I for one have some curiosity as to some of the inner workings of how they're doing it cuz guess what we ain't. Whether we win a week from Sunday or not or whether some people don't care wasn't the man's point- it's a freakin' message board and he threw something out for anyone that might be interested in a Bills angle or just in general. How this became a 2 page thread is truly a mystery to me. :snooze:

Earthquake Enyart
09-23-2004, 09:17 AM
Like it or not, NE has a very talented, well coached team. I for one have some curiosity as to some of the inner workings of how they're doing it cuz guess what we ain't. Whether we win a week from Sunday or not or whether some people don't care wasn't the man's point- it's a freakin' message board and he threw something out for anyone that might be interested in a Bills angle or just in general. How this became a 2 page thread is truly a mystery to me. :snooze:
If we wanted to know, we'd have hired Weis or Crennel.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2004, 12:01 PM
I'm not listening.

This thread never happened.

I withdrew it.

BTW, juice, early on I may have taken exception to a couple of posts regarding the Pats, but I wouldn't call it trolling. At any rate, I realized it early on it wasn't really appropriate for me to be taking exception to every criticism of the Pats, and so I ignore the majority of it. I don't think you can come up with examples of "trolling". I may have made a few regrettable comments, especially early on when I probably got mad at something someone said. Then I came to my senses.

It isn't like I come here hacking on the Bills. I have criticized some moves and praised others, but all I do is offer information or my opinion, same as everyone else. You may be under a different impression, but that is what we are here for.

The reason I thought people would be interested in the book was because of the information it contained, not because it was about the Patriots. I recognize there are parts people are going to want to skim over because it makes them nauseous, but the parts detailing what happens during the draft and how things occured (especially regarding Bledsoe and Milloy) was enlightening. I guess it didn't occur to me that it would offend.

I read a lot of football books. I read Bill Gutman's biography of Bill Parcells, was I not supposed to read it because he had left the Pats for the Jets (BTW, it was OK, I'd give it a 5 out of 10)?

Since the Pats book is out of bounds, I'll recommend a different book.

Every fan who really wants to understand football should read "Finding the Winning Edge", by Bill Walsh. It is absolutely one of the best football books every written. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Of course, since this thread never happened you won't see this recommendation, but get the book anyway. You will be happy you did.

BTW, not only did this thread never happen, but I am invisible.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2004, 12:04 PM
BTW, the book is a little expensive now. Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1571671722/qid=1095958573/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-3149330-7980053?v=glance&s=books) has it for $300.

It is a little more detailed and involved than a lot of other football books as well. It really is an encyclopedia.

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-23-2004, 12:07 PM
BTW, the book is a little expensive now. Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1571671722/qid=1095958573/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/002-3149330-7980053?v=glance&s=books) has it for $300.

It is a little more detailed and involved than a lot of other football books as well. It really is an encyclopedia.
Little expensive. Id rather use Sharmin anyway. Much softer.

STAMPY
09-23-2004, 12:11 PM
**** the patriots!!!

Earthquake Enyart
09-23-2004, 12:11 PM
Plus we'd have to wade through all that damn 49er stuff to get to the one sentence about Jim Kelly that we'd be interested in.

juice
09-23-2004, 12:47 PM
BTW, not only did this thread never happen, but I am invisible.
:peace: Don't forget your $300 Book.. We are Gonna kick some Patriot Ass.

SABURZFAN
09-23-2004, 12:57 PM
what's with the attack on NE39?? :mad:

Earthquake Enyart
09-23-2004, 12:59 PM
what's with the attack on NE39?? :mad:
It was a very stupid idea to recommend a book on the Pats to Bills fans.

Nuff said.

Devin
09-23-2004, 01:24 PM
what a bunch of tards.

Sorry NE39 I actually read part of the book a friend has it or was borrowing it and its quite insightful. Maybe I can break it down in crayola for some of the less bright amongst us. Bills board.....Book = Bills Information and insight = post to inform us.

NE39 this is what happens when you attempt an adult conversation with children.

F'N drink some decaff already.

Earthquake Enyart
09-23-2004, 01:36 PM
what a bunch of tards.

Sorry NE39 I actually read part of the book a friend has it or was borrowing it and its quite insightful. Maybe I can break it down in crayola for some of the less bright amongst us. Bills board.....Book = Bills Information and insight = post to inform us.

NE39 this is what happens when you attempt an adult conversation with children.

F'N drink some decaff already.
Good. Maybe the two of you could recommend some nice books on the 72 Dolphins that both Pats fans and Bills fans would enjoy.

Devin
09-23-2004, 01:40 PM
probably not, but i found a great one on thinking THEN speaking. Ill send your way.

CommissarSpartacus
09-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the tip NE.

I tell ya, the only time I get embarrassed to be a Bills' fan is when the proudly ignorant section of the fan base starts calling for someone to be burned at the stake for being a heretic.

Keep doin' what your doin' and don't let the Spanish Inquisition shut you down.

Unlike some people who come here just to proclaim their blind allegiance, some of us actually like to learn a thing or two every once in a while.

Philagape
09-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Know thy enemy.

TigerJ
09-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Thanks, but no thanks, NE. Actually I probably wouldn't even go out and buy a book that focuses on the Bills. I like my football on TV and online forums. My books are generally Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

FTG
09-23-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the tip NE.

I tell ya, the only time I get embarrassed to be a Bills' fan is when the proudly ignorant section of the fan base starts calling for someone to be burned at the stake for being a heretic.

Unlike some people who come here just to proclaim their blind allegiance, some of us actually like to learn a thing or two every once in a while.

First and prolly the last time I ever agree with Spart :D

HenryRules
09-23-2004, 05:17 PM
I ordered the book already and am curious to check it out. I'm a Bills fan, but I'm also a football fan in general. I do watch other games on Sunday, and GASP!!, occasionally I'll cheer for a team like the Giants when they play against the Redskins (I'm sorry, I try to hide it!!).

Look, the Pats won two Super Bowls and it sounds like we get some sort of insight into one of the more successful football franchises in recent times. I think that's pretty interesting.

Dozerdog
09-23-2004, 06:21 PM
Unless it comes with a box of crayons these guys will find it hard to open a book let alone read it.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2004, 07:48 PM
Is it alright to post text from the books? It seems like it would be a copyright violation, which is why I haven't done it.

The reason I recommended it initially is I thought the parts pertaining to the Bills were pretty extensive. However, I'd transcribe, or summarize, certain sections if it is possible. I genuinely think people would find some of the stuff interesting.

Dozer, could I do that? Would it be OK to summarize some sections, as long as I don't quote it directly?

juice
09-23-2004, 07:58 PM
Go For It NE, now that you have an audience, show everyone what this great Literary work is all about.. It must be good to make Bills Fans want to hear about "Patriot Reign"

CommissarSpartacus
09-23-2004, 08:01 PM
I, for one, would like to hear more background on how the other side snookered us into taking Drew Bledsoe off their hands.

Voltron
09-23-2004, 08:03 PM
Very immature, Juice.

Grow up

:bf1:

I agree he is in my top 5 as well! Very informed and a great understanding of the game. I know I have learned a lot from him :up:

Keep posting here NE39! Some of us appreciate your love of the game! :salute:

My brother is a pats fan because Coach MacPherson was a very good friend of my uncle's when he was here in Syracuse. My uncle was the pastor of his church (St. Teresa’s) and also the team Chaplin when Coach Mac was head coach at SU. When my uncle died Coach Mac gave the eulogy and my mom and dad still get Christmas cards from him every year. He was a very nice man ... a bit too nice to be an NFL coach. I think that is why he failed so badly in NE. :shakeno:

That, and the whole locker room thing with the female reporter :mad:

chernobylwraiths
09-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks, but no thanks, NE. Actually I probably wouldn't even go out and buy a book that focuses on the Bills. I like my football on TV and online forums. My books are generally Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

Same here. I have read a few sports books. My favorite sports book is by the late Ron Luciano (ML umpire) called "The Umpire Strikes Back" or something like that. I was freaking hilarious, and I hate baseball.

But Tolkein, Brooks, Donaldson, Salvatore, Hickman & Weiss, are the authors that I liked a lot.

Voltron
09-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Go For It NE, now that you have an audience, show everyone what this great Literary work is all about.. It must be good to make Bills Fans want to hear about "Patriot Reign"
WHY ARE YOU STILL IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!?????

Ickybaluky
09-23-2004, 08:42 PM
:bf1:My brother is a pats fan because Coach MacPherson was a very good friend of my uncle's when he was here in Syracuse. My uncle was the pastor of his church (St. Teresa’s) and also the team Chaplin when Coach Mac was head coach at SU. When my uncle died Coach Mac gave the eulogy and my mom and dad still get Christmas cards from him every year. He was a very nice man ... a bit too nice to be an NFL coach. I think that is why he failed so badly in NE. :shakeno:

I thought MacPherson got the shaft. The team was awful and he took the brunt of the criticism, but he never had a chance. His first year here, they overachieved and went 6-10 (which should give you an indication of how little talent that team had). It all fell apart in his 2nd year and he was fired after going 2-14 (which actually may have been overachieving as well).

However, the real culprit was Sam Jankovich. He was the Miami AD, and Victor Kiam (who owned the team prior to Kraft) brought him in. He had no experience running an NFL team, and he was woefully incompetent. The team was unbelievably awful. The QB was Hugh Millen, the top RB was Jon Vaughn and Greg McMurtry started at WR (Irving Fryar started at the other receiver spot, his last year in NE).

MacPherson was a nice guy, but he wasn't a bad football coach. However, the front office was beyond incompetent. The only good thing was it was so bad that Kiam ultimately sold the team to James Orthwein, who brought in Parcells to straighten out the mess and then sold it to Bob Kraft.

:That, and the whole locker room thing with the female reporter :mad:

Lisa Olsen. She works for the NY Daily News now. Zeke Mowatt exposed himself after a game, because he claimed she was oogling the players.

Ickybaluky
09-23-2004, 08:43 PM

I just might do that, juice. If Dozer says it is OK. It can be my little research project.

juice
09-23-2004, 09:52 PM
I just might do that, juice. If Dozer says it is OK. It can be my little research project.
Now its juice.. I thought it was "Go F**k Yourself", or "Stick it where the sun don't shine".. I never had you Pegged as the Keyboard Tough-Guy.. I expected a little more than Dropping F-Bombs.

What's funny is that you might not realize that type behavior isn't condoned on any Bills Board that I've seen.. What makes you think it is OK to Attack posters Here when it is a clear violation of your own Board, NE93.

Just talk to Dozer he'll help you get your side project started, Your one of his Top Five so I think "NE Reign" would look great on the FRONT PAGE.. Might even bring the Two Sides closer together..

But It wont stop my Bills from Kicking some Patsy Ass

Ickybaluky
09-24-2004, 03:38 AM
Now its juice.. I thought it was "Go F**k Yourself", or "Stick it where the sun don't shine".. I never had you Pegged as the Keyboard Tough-Guy.. I expected a little more than Dropping F-Bombs.

What's funny is that you might not realize that type behavior isn't condoned on any Bills Board that I've seen.. What makes you think it is OK to Attack posters Here when it is a clear violation of your own Board, NE93.

Just talk to Dozer he'll help you get your side project started, Your one of his Top Five so I think "NE Reign" would look great on the FRONT PAGE.. Might even bring the Two Sides closer together..

But It wont stop my Bills from Kicking some Patsy Ass

This is is hilarious. "Keyboard Tough-Guy"? You take this stuff pretty seriously, no? Maybe if the Bills win then you'll really have the last laugh. That would be awesome. I'd be so very tooled, and you will look like some messageboard superhero.

Wow.

NapalmDeath
09-24-2004, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the tip NE.

Travis Brown was Cut Shiva

NapalmDeath
09-24-2004, 03:48 AM

I am not messing with you, but I would like you to also look up the amount of calls that the refs gave the pats that were a few days later, recinded (Spelling) . Start around 1998.

:mad:

juice
09-24-2004, 06:19 AM
This is is hilarious. "Keyboard Tough-Guy"? You take this stuff pretty seriously, no? Maybe if the Bills win then you'll really have the last laugh. That would be awesome. I'd be so very tooled, and you will look like some messageboard superhero.

Wow.

"Go F**k Yourself" How do Posters on Pats Boards take that?

And you as a Tough Guy, I dont buy it, But I do remember your early Posts so its not like you are a Vigin to a little S**t Talk, You got your start here as a Mole getting on board because Pats game 1 was against the Bills last year.

Just dont play yourself as a ToughGuy, Pats Fan, Because the Bills are always down to Kick some Patsy Ass.. You heard it here first. Bills will end that "Patriot Reign"

Ickybaluky
09-24-2004, 07:35 AM
I do remember your early Posts so its not like you are a Vigin to a little S**t Talk, You got your start here as a Mole getting on board because Pats game 1 was against the Bills last year.

I got my start here after the Bledsoe trade. I stayed because I think it is a very well-run board. I've only been using my current user name for a little over a year.

What were the posts I made that you found so offensive? I have been critical of Bledsoe, but I was critical of him from 1999 in NE, when he followed a similar pattern of play to what he has shown with the Bills. I do remember posting a couple of things I regretted, mainly because I was mad about somebody saying something derogatory about the Patriots. Then I realized I was being an ass. Hey, I'm human, but for the most part here I think I have behaved sensibly. I don't think I've been a troll.

Why don't I get credit for the things I thought the Bills did well? I have stated many times I think Travis Henry is a very good, underrated player. I have acknowledged the Bills have a top defense. I have stood up in favor of the Losman pick, mainly because I think it was time for the Bills to develop a QB internally. It isn't like I come in here and trash anything and everything. My guess is the vast majority of my posts would not qualify as trolling.

How am I playing myself as a tough guy? Your the one bringing that stuff up. The reason I told you to Go F**k yourself was because you deserved it. It had nothing to do with the Patriots or Bills, but rather with your insistence on telling my what I should and should not post. I'll take care of that, and if I am out of line I'm sure an admin will let me know about it.

Just dont play yourself as a ToughGuy, Pats Fan, Because the Bills are always down to Kick some Patsy Ass.. You heard it here first. Bills will end that "Patriot Reign"

OK, great. Feel better? I realize the Pats are going to lose again someday. Just because they are coming up on the 1-year anniversary of their last loss (Sep 28), doesn't guarantee they will win their next game. I have heard others say the Bills would beat them, so I didn't hear it from you first. Maybe you were 3rd or 4th.

I got a newsflash for you. The Pats basically were awful more often than not for the bulk of my following the team up until the mid-90's. Someday they will be rebuilding again, and I'll still enjoy following them. I am not affiliated with the team other than the fact I grew up watching them, and my life and sense of self worth isn't really effected by whether they win or lose.

This whole thing started because I started this thread, which I then retracted but now re-instate. I'll post a couple sections I think will be of interest to Bills fans, and let them judge whether it is relevant.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2004, 07:49 AM
The reason I told you to Go F**k yourself was because you deserved it.

:shocked:

you said that????

that'll be enough out of you Mister. :mad: otherwise,i'm out of a job around here. :snicker:

justasportsfan
09-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the tip NE.

Unlike some people who come here just to proclaim their blind allegiance, some of us actually like to learn a thing or two every once in a while.:clap:

Thanks NE39 :up:

Hey Juice, how's your Bears doing? Has Ogun made a sack yet? :D

Ickybaluky
09-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Excerpt - On the Bledsoe release Holley writes:

This wasn't necessarily Belichick's repeat of the Cleveland Kosar-Testaverde controversy. He wasn't going to have to cut a popular player. But he was in his second year, rattling a star who had spent nine years as the franchise's best-paid and most marketed athlete. Belichick's choice meant that he would have the most talented and most expensive backup quarterback in the NFL. Making the decision would not be a problem. Presenting that decision woudl turn the situation into an awkward and eventually nasty one. When Belichick did not return the job to Bledsoe or give him an opportunity to win it back with practice reps, Bledsoe interpreted that as a coach lying to him. The charge irked Belichick.

"I don't feel like I misled him. I really don't. You know, that kind of bothered me. I understood he wanted to play, I understood that he was a good competitor. He was a hardworking guy, he had been in the organization a long time, and I respected that. Nobody wanted him to get hurt and miss two months. There was nothing we coud do about it. You don't take a player who hasn't played in two months and then just stick him back there like nothing had happened."

It was too late. Bledsoe felt that he had been deceived. Belichick says that he offered Bledsoe the the chance to get something back, all right: timing, not a job. "I wasn't talking about him as a starter. I was talking about him at least throwing to guys that he might be throwing to in th game, if he had to play as a backup. Which ultimately happened in the AFC Championship game."

It was a long road to Pittsburgh, though. With the unexpected death of Rehbein in the summer of 2001, Belichick had become the quarterbacks coach. He often met with Brady, Bledsoe, and Huard in a small Foxboro Stadium office. It was uncomfortable in there, and not just because the stadium was outdated.

"I knew he was unhappy," Brady said of Bledsoe. "It was strained. When coach Belichick was around, Drew would become quiet and reserved." Bledsoe was the same way in team captains' meetings on Tuesday nights. The meetings were designed so that there could be an exchange between the coaching staff staff and the players. But the meetings were inadequate for Belichick-Bledsoe. The other captains noticed it an occasionally commented. One of the captains was was Bryan Cox, the inimitable linebacker who always carried an extra opinion just in case you didn't have one of your own. He had also lost his job to injury, but didn't respond the way Bledsoe did. Of course, Cox brought that up once or twice in the captain's meetings.

"You could feel the strain in the relationship all the way around," Belichick says. "I mean, I met with the quarterbacks every day: myself, Drew, and the other two quarterbacks, and Charlie. There was no question that there was discomfort in the room."

Outside of the team, Bledsoe's urban legend began to grow. The popular story was that the quarterback was the opposite of the modern athlete and that he didn't let his agenda interfere with the overall mission of the of the team. It wasn't quite that clean. Bledsoe wasn't reckless in the office, but it was known how angry he was. He had his problems with Belichick, but he also wasn't happy with Weis. He did have an outlet for his anger: Woicik's and Marcus Paul's weight room. In there he became tougher and pushed himself harder than he ever had. Woicik and Paul didn't find fault with his work habits and attitude. But this was Bledsoe-Brady, where no judgement was unanimous.

During a staff meeting one of the coaches said of Bledsoe, "His *****ty attitude means we have to do one of two things: trade him to the highest bidder or tell him he's the starter and Brady will compete with him."

Brady says Bledsoe was professional with him and never focused on the situation at work. "But it was definitely hard on our personal relationship. Drew and I were friendly, but we were already very different. I was twenty-four and he was twenty-nine. He had a family and I was single. Lots of things. We were never really great social friends."

They had a decent enough working relationship, good enough for the team to make it to the Super Bowl. On the way there, in the AFC Championship on January 27, 2002, against the Pittsburgh Steelers, Brady sprained his left ankle in the second quarter and was replaced by Bledsoe. The veteran excitedly ran on the field an began whipping passes. He threw a touchdown pass to David Patten and made two difficult completions to Brown and fullback Marc Edwards. He completed 10 of his 21 passes that day for 102 yards. When it was over, he cried.

AS emotional as the Pittsburgh game was--Bledsoe received a game ball--the quarterback was still being evaluated. According to the coaches' game breakdowns, Bledsoe's statistics were: one mental error, four bad throws, and four bad choices. The logical counterargument to those unflattering numbers was rust. How could Bledsoe expect to play well when the majority of his reps hadn't come with the starters? How could he be sharp when he hadn't played in a game in four months?

Belichick didn't view it that way. As much as he respected Bledsoe, he had an idea of what his quarterback should do. The model for that idea was Brady. Brady had shown an ability to stay calm, recognize defensive nuances, and shout out the necessary adjustments for his receivers, backs, and linemen. When he coached against Bledsoe in New York, Belichick would often present the quarterback with with a "Cover 5" defense. it features man-to-man coverage with two deep safeties to help on the receivers. Belichick would tell his defensive backs to be physical at the line of scrimmage. Then he would play the educated odds, going with scientific and anecdotal research that revealed Bledsoe would not be accurate enough or patient enough to make the throws that could defeat an effective "Cover 5."

It didn't take nearly as much research to figure out Bledsoe's post-Super Bowl stance. After New England won the first Super Bowl in its history, Bledsoe did not respond to Patriots' calls or letters when the team was attempting to coordinate an off-season workout schedule.

"It was clear to me he didn't want to be on this football team," Belichick says, "And in the end I had to decide whether to resolve the situation before training camp. It was clear to me at that point that there would be some kind of confrontation one way or the other. He was starting to take a stand."

The stand was probably good for everyone. It made the separation easier. Belichick could be unconventional at times, but he wasn't likely to bench a young quarterback who was MVP of the Super Bowl. Bledsoe would be able to leave New England knowing that he had rarely said or done anything that embarrassed the organization. The Patriots' reconstruction had begun to take shape soon after Bledsoe's twenty-eighth birthday. Now, with Bledsoe at thirty, it was time for some paperwork and other formalities to make the makeover complete.

Cincinnati called with a proposal. So did Buffalo. The Bills and team president Tom Donahoe were reluctant to give up a first round draft choice for the quarterback. But when the Patriots didn't budge from their request on April 19, the day before the 2002 draft, Donahoe sent a fax to Foxboro. In it he said he was making his final offer, but any good negotiator coudl see through the claim. The fax was sent to Belichick, Pioli, Robert Kraft, adn chief operating officer Andy Wasynczuk. It was received at 11:47 A.M.:

[i]Dear Scott,

We realize how busy you, Coach Belichick, and your entire organization are in your draft preparations. We wish you good success this weekend with your picks.

The Bills wanted to make one last attempt to complete a trade for Drew Bledsoe and wanted to state our proposal in writing so there is no confusion or miscommunication. If something is capable of being completed, we would like to know today. We feel that tomorrow everyone's focus needs to be on the draft.

PROPOSAL

In the 2003 draft, the Bills will trade a solid #2 pick to New England for Drew Bledsoe. If Drew Bledsoe starts 12 games and the Bills go to the play-offs, the pick becomes the Bills' #1 pick in 2003. However, if Bledsoe fails to report and/or pass a physical, the trade becomes null and void.

After you have a chance to discuss our proposal, please give Jim Overdorf or myself a call to discuss further. Thank you adn all the best this weekend.

Two days later Bledsoe was in Buffalo. The cost for Donahoe and the Bills was a first-round pick, regardless of Bledsoe's or the team's performance. In Buffalo, Bledsoe would get the chance to start again. He would be going to a team with two good receivers in Eric Moulds and Peerless Price, a good running back in Travis Henry, adn an offensive coordinator, Kevin Gilbride, who would give the quarterback an opportunity to take several "shots" down field every game. he also would have a chance to play the Patriots twice a year.

Ickybaluky
09-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Here is and example of some of the pre-game prep description:

Back in the Sheraton a month later, it is time to approach Buffalo again. If New England can win the game, it will make the Patriots' record against the Bills 5-1 since 2000.

"Until they have some success against us, there's got to be some doubt," Belichick says to the coaches. "They don't know if they can beat us."

Shortly after that, it continues:

There have been elements fo game-plan review during the week, but this is the only time when it all comes together for everyone to see and hear. This is the time to remind everyone that the Patriots must throw on teh Buffalo safeties and break tackles in the secondary. There is a note to "throw deep or deeper routes on Clements (not 10- to 12-yard routes unless pressed)." Clements is cornerback Nate Clements, whom the offensive coaches believe to be vulnerable deep. They have also noticed that the Buffalo safeties bite hard on play-action passes.

They are comfortable with the way they plan to defend Bledsoe. And they have a grasp of what the Bills are going to attempt against them. Buffalo's primary coverage is "cover 8". The Bills' safeties line up 9 to 12 yards deep and rotate on the snap. They make it difficult for teams to detect any pre-snap rotation. The weak safety and weak corner line up even and then rotate on the snap. It is mentioned that last year Buffalo's approach played as "Cover 8 Weak Sky."

Then later on he writes:

Mangini, the Patriots defensive backs coach, was ready for the return. Before the game in Buffalo, he had given his players a sheet outlining the Bills' passing principles. Some of the same rules applied a month later:

- This offense is built on vertical routes and big plays. The coordinator is pass-oriented, and Drwe wants to throw the ball down the field.

- We must force Drew to throw into tight coverage or hold the football. Do not give up any easy completions.

- There will be some game-plan formations, but they will be limited. They have not run any bunch or stacked receivers this season.

- The Bills will run their two-minute offense anywhere on the field.

- There has been no shifting and very little motion. What you see is pretty much what it will be.

justasportsfan
09-24-2004, 11:46 AM
Interesting, thanks NE39

the Milloy situation?

socalfan
09-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks NE....the guy is an interesting writer.

Ickybaluky
09-24-2004, 05:53 PM
the Milloy situation?

I'll get to it, it is a little longer...

Dozerdog
09-24-2004, 06:16 PM
Is it alright to post text from the books? It seems like it would be a copyright violation, which is why I haven't done it.

The reason I recommended it initially is I thought the parts pertaining to the Bills were pretty extensive. However, I'd transcribe, or summarize, certain sections if it is possible. I genuinely think people would find some of the stuff interesting.

Dozer, could I do that? Would it be OK to summarize some sections, as long as I don't quote it directly?

Absolutely! Heck -f you cpuld make it into a article we'd put it up on the front page.

When Clinton or someone else famous puts out a book news organizations recap and even use excerpts (AS LONG AS THEY ARE CREDITED)

Dozerdog
09-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks NE....the guy is an interesting writer.

If you have ever seen that stupid show on ESPN that follows Pardon the Interruption- Around the Horn- He's on there a lot. He's a shorter guy with cornrows.

Ickybaluky
09-24-2004, 06:46 PM
He also is a co-host of "I-Max", a show on Fox Sports that I have never seen but have heard is borderline unwatchable.

I like Holley as a writer. I thought he was one of the best columnists at the Globe.

Dozerdog
09-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately though like every one else at the Globe or Herald- they have to get their faces on TV or get radio gigs.

Ickybaluky
09-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Holley on the Milloy release:

They got along the first time they met, early in 1996. The twenty-two-year-old kid with the unforgettable name--Lawyer--had impressed Bill Belichick. They had sat down that day and begun watching football films. Three or four hours later they were still going.

Belichick knew then that he liked Lawyer Milloy. It was the way Milloy never lost his focus when they were talking about football. It was the sense that he could watch these films for an additional three or four hours and still want to play afterward.

"I didn't think he had any weak points," Belichick says. "He was one of the most impressive guys I ever talked to. The guy hadn't watched film since his last college game back in November. And *****, he knew everything. 'Here's what this call is, this is why I'm doing this. See that formation? Here are the adjustments. Now he's going in motion, we're checking this, I got him, he's got him...' It was like he watched the film yesterday."

They put on another film, and it was more of the same. Belichick was an assistant coach with the Patriots then. He knew Milloy, a safety from the University of Washington, could help them. "After what I saw, I thought, This guy is smart. He's not going to have a problem handling anything. And he liked football. He was into it. It wasn't work for him. let's face it: he does have a little bit of an attitude. But in the end you can certainly work with the guy."

The Patriots drafted him in the second round that year. As his position coach, Belichick used to lobby Bill Parcells to start him over Terry Ray. He was ready. They worked together for just one season. After that, Belichick and Parcells were off to New York, and Milloy was left standing in Foxboro, wondering what happened to teh Patriot's kingdom that was predicted to come. It didn't. The team went from very good to good, then from good to mediocre. It was bad enough to have a coaching vacancy in 2000, a vacancy that Belichick filled. When the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXVI, two people rushed to Belichick: his daughter, Amanda, and Milloy. "I thought that was appropriate," the coach says.

Even during the good times--when the Patriots were champs--Belichick could always see Milloy's flaws, as a player and as a leader. He really was a leader. And he really wasn't. He brought some of his teammates together. He alienated them. He brought them together again. You just had to understand him. He was full of energy and emotion, a man who spoke it nearly as quickly as he saw it. He wasn't about internalizing his thoughts. He was a glance away from going off, always ready to deliver a lick--verbal or physical.

"A negative leader sometimes" reads the Patriots 2001 team evaluation report. This was after Milloy had helped the team win the Super Bowl. There was also this: "Good production, durable, tough... Over-aggressive, doesn't wrap up, inconsistent leadership, selfish."

There was enough for everyone, depending on your personality and what you were willing to accept. If you didn't mind someone playing his music at his volume near your locker, you liked him. If you did, you had a problem. If you didn't mind a joke at your expense every now and then, you laughed with him. If you couldn't handle it, you shied away. If you were an employee who wished one of the rank and file had the guts to take on management, you adored him. He would say anything to anybody. If you were a designer of fashionable clothing and wanted someone to look good in your clothes, you recruited him. His style was balanced between classic and hip. He had a big heart and a great smile. He was comfortable among the fans and clubs of Boston. He was handsome. A lot of young women turned their heads his way an never turned away.

It gave him and his friend Ty Law immense pride that they weren't sidelined with "soft" injuries. They'd make fun of teammates who would be at practice riding stationary bikes as the two of them put in the real work. Milloy didn't miss any games or many assignments.

He played baseball in high school and college, and he had that quality that a lot of great pitchers have: even when they don't have their best stuff, they make you believe in what's there. And that's what feeds the greatness. Milloy was like that. He made you believe. He was confident and energetic, waving his arms to the crowd. He always had a little more energy than you did, even without his stuff.

In 2002 he was without it.

He was twenty-nine, he made the Pro Bowl--without playing like a Pro Bowler--and in the unfair world of NFL economics he was essentially in his contract year with the Patriots. It is an NFL truism known by all: you don't want to have an average year when you're just south or north of thirty years old. Milloy had an average year. he also happened to be playing for a coach whom he knew as well as the coach knew him. He knew he and Belichick had a lot in common when it came to football, but they couldn't have been more opposite when it came to emotions. The coach observed first and spoke later, if at all. He could go off just like Milloy, but he could also be measured. He was always an economist.

As much as Belichick liked Milloy personally--he was one of the people who sometimes enjoyed the attitude--he didn't like the way the numbers sat on the salary cap. He wasn't thrilled with the '02 production either, but he could have accepted it if it had been next to a cap numbers different than $4.5 million. Belichick had thought about it the entire off-season. Once, during a draft meeting, scout Tom Dimitroff made a comment about the big plays that he'd seen Milloy make in '02. "I'd like you to come up with some examples," the coach said. "I can't think of any."

Belichick thought about it in March when the Patriots signed former Chargers safety Rodney Harrison, and he continued to think about it in April when safety Tebucky Jones was dealt to the Saints. He wanted the team to negotiate with Milloy's agent, Carl Poston. If they could work out a deal that would give Milloy around $3 million per season, that would be OK.

It was not going to be all right with Milloy. It was a pay cut, and he wasn't interested. On August 19, when the Patriots traded a fourth-round pick to the Bears for nose tackle Ted Washington, it was still an issue. There was almost no chance of the disagreement ending well. New England was halfway through its preseason and three days away from exhibition game number three. Most of Milloy's teammates knew about his contract struggles--he wasn't known for his restraint. They all figured that this season would be his last in New England. They were right: two weeks later, on Tuesday, September 2, per his and his agent Poston's request, he was released. The Patriots had been preparing to do it if a deal couldn't be struck, so they weren't blindsided. Still, now they'd have to explain the loss to the team.

finsrclowns
09-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Belichick says that he offered Bledsoe the the chance to get something back, all right: timing, not a job. "I wasn't talking about him as a starter. I was talking about him at least throwing to guys that he might be throwing to in th game, if he had to play as a backup.

If BB was hooked up to a lie detector on this statement I'll bet the needle would be off the charts. :liar:

TigerJ
09-24-2004, 10:08 PM
It all sounds pretty plausible. It's not sensationalist stuff, which means it's pretty credible.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2004, 07:51 AM
I like Holley as a writer. I thought he was one of the best columnists at the Globe.

i agree. :up:

colin
09-25-2004, 09:15 AM
Reading this I can't help but think that the pats have smart people and we don't (or at least didn't). we are too damn predictable.

If an opposing coach can figure what they want to do agaisnt our QB or O, then so can we and change it.

sad

socalfan
09-25-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey don't forget this book is called Patriot Reign....if it made BB look like a dummy during a superbowl run, it wouldn't be pragmatic. It's just part of the story.

We got Drew because all we had was VanPelt. We were getting rid of Rob Johnson and a contract number of about 8 million. Drew was the best available by a long shot.

And Milloy really was pushed by Bledsoe, if I recall the news articles correctly. Our coaching staff would not have known much about Milloy other than his play. And Milloy is plan and simple, better than the guy that is positioned as his backup.

Dozerdog
09-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Hey don't forget this book is called Patriot Reign....if it made BB look like a dummy during a superbowl run, it wouldn't be pragmatic. It's just part of the story.

We got Drew because all we had was VanPelt. We were getting rid of Rob Johnson and a contract number of about 8 million. Drew was the best available by a long shot.

And Milloy really was pushed by Bledsoe, if I recall the news articles correctly. Our coaching staff would not have known much about Milloy other than his play. And Milloy is plan and simple, better than the guy that is positioned as his backup.

Good call.

Ickybaluky
09-25-2004, 08:31 PM
Another part of interest to Bills fans was Holley describing a comment Bill Belichick made when the Pats were doing their end-of-season evaluations of their roster after the disappointing 2002 season. Belichick was very ill-tempered and embarrassed by the Pats performance in trying to defend their first Super Bowl in 2001, and he exploded in the meeting with this statement:

"I'm tired of thinking our team is good against Detriot, Buffalo's horse***** offensive line, and Philly's third-string offense. I don't give a f**k about that. We're one of the bottom five teams defensively in the league. We suck as stopping the run. We're bad in the red area. And we can't get off the field on third down."

It looks like Belichick thought, at least in February 2003, Buffalo's OL was a weakness just like a lot of posters here.

Dozerdog
09-25-2004, 09:46 PM
Hey NE39-

I made these excerpts into a 3 part article- Do you want me to put you in as the author??

lordofgun
09-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Hey NE39-

I made these excerpts into a 3 part article- Do you want me to put you in as the author??
Thanks NE39.

Boy, that writer has his nose pretty far up BB's rear end. I bet he'd tell you BB's feces eminate a pleasant odor.

socalfan
09-25-2004, 11:38 PM

[b]"I'm tired of thinking our team is good against Detriot, Buffalo's horse***** offensive line, ........................

Whoa! Great locker room material for the Bills this coming week.

SStudawgg
09-26-2004, 01:12 AM
Luv the posts . Don't listen to the Skeptics

colin
09-26-2004, 06:44 AM

for realz.

i think milloy was a great pickup, stops runs hard, keeps our secondary in line, and helps prevent long stupid plays (i really think our D would have stopped those madden 93 drives that scored on us the last 2 games, yet one more way we could be 2-0).

I also think Bledsoe was a good pick up, and can still play well. the thing is qbs are just players, not fantasy gods at the helm of some army (as mr cynical and others seem to think) so they need a good team to do well.

the bottom line, i think other coaches can open us up easily, and figure out where we are easy pickings, I am not sure that ours can now, and i am certain thet gregg and his bunch had no friggin clue about making the right changes or plans to help us win games.

Ickybaluky
09-26-2004, 06:48 AM

No, Holley is the author.

LOG - Holley was actually very critical of Belichick at first. He is from Ohio and worked in Cleveland when Belichick was there in the early 1990's. After the Pats first hired Belichick, he wrote a column in the Globe stating that Belichick would run the Patriots into the ground, just like he did with Cleveland.

That said, since that time the two have become friends and Holley believes the Pats can do no wrong. So, while he was originally critical, he is definitely a Belichick rumpswap.

pats-were-right
09-26-2004, 07:57 AM
my contribution.

That, and the whole locker room thing with the female reporter

Voltron and NE39, that was on Rod Rust's watch. Rod and Richie Kotite I'd say are neck and neck in the "worst NFL head coach ever" title.

juice
09-27-2004, 05:02 PM
How do you know It's the Monday after the Bills Bye Week on the Howard Simon Show.. :tired: When they have to look to the Message Boards to fill the last Half hour.

Simon Read the Excerpts about Bledsoe in part 1.. Mostly just to bash Bledsoe. :yap:

Didn't comment to much on the actual article and Book except to say that as Bills Fans we can't go out and buy it or we will be "Putting money in BB's pocket".

It's Gameweek so to make it Official We're gonna kick your Patsy Ass :clap:

Voltron
09-28-2004, 09:18 AM
my contribution.

Voltron and NE39, that was on Rod Rust's watch. Rod and Richie Kotite I'd say are neck and neck in the "worst NFL head coach ever" title.
Really? I can remember Coach Mac getting about 100 questions on that whole thing. But heck I was like 14 so my memory may be playing tricks on me. Than and I have a memory like a sieve :D

Voltron
09-28-2004, 09:21 AM
How do you know It's the Monday after the Bills Bye Week on the Howard Simon Show.. :tired: When they have to look to the Message Boards to fill the last Half hour.

Simon Read the Excerpts about Bledsoe in part 1.. Mostly just to bash Bledsoe. :yap:

Didn't comment to much on the actual article and Book except to say that as Bills Fans we can't go out and buy it or we will be "Putting money in BB's pocket".

It's Gameweek so to make it Official We're gonna kick your Patsy Ass :clap:

If you want to continue to post smack please do so where it belongs HERE (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/forumdisplay.php?f=44) :shakeno:

Voltron
09-28-2004, 09:29 AM
my contribution.

:hail: you were right

1990 New England Patriots
Record: 1 - 15 - 0
Head Coach: Rod Rust

So Coach Mac got the shaft worse than I thought :(

juice
09-28-2004, 09:46 AM
If you want to continue to post smack please do so where it belongs HERE (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/forumdisplay.php?f=44) :shakeno:
I thought this was a Bills Board.. Not PatsyLuv.Com :kisscheek

Voltron
09-28-2004, 10:37 AM
I thought this was a Bills Board.. Not PatsyLuv.Com :kisscheek
This is a Bills Forum where we talk about real football issues not SMACK. Again if you want to talk Smack feel free to talk all the smack you want in the "Smack Zone"

juice
09-28-2004, 10:48 AM
This is a Bills Forum where we talk about real football issues not SMACK. Again if you want to talk Smack feel free to talk all the smack you want in the "Smack Zone"
And you dont think our Upcoming Divisional Opponent Pats, releasing a Book TRASHING Two of our Starters and the O-LINE, is a topic worth talking about during Game week?

Have you ever heard of Lockerroom Materiel? Well thats what our headcoach is using this Book as.. Sorry if it doesn't meet your Topic standards but MM has seized upon the opportunity to make it an issue.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2004, 12:03 PM
yo juice..lighten up bro.i don't think that it's NE39's intention to call for smack on this subject.apparently,some of the other posters don't mind this information.i was never aware of this and it has my attention.if you don't care for it,go onto another thread.then again,you might learn something in this one if you just mellow the F out.

LtBillsFan66
09-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Thanks again for the info NE39. Good stuff. Well bad stuff, but good to know. Maybe not good to know... ahhhhhhh you get the point.