PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Fact

Uncle Jesse
09-22-2004, 09:12 AM
This was on the Howard Simon show yesterday, Did you know that Rob Johnson had a 95.2 QB rating and Drew Bledsoe at this point has a 78.6.? There numbers were pretty similar as Bills, and for drew, up to this point as a Bill. But 17 points higher for Rob!

http://www.buffalorange.com/images/smilies/jawdrop.gif
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

justasportsfan
09-22-2004, 09:23 AM
It's the dreaded no. 11 , I tell ya! What scares me is that Losman has no. 7 :couch:

Philagape
09-22-2004, 09:27 AM
This may be blasphemy, but this is why I was on Rob's side during the Flutie years. Say what you will about him, but he was a good passer.

401 comp, 663 att, 4,798 yards, 27 TD 17 INT

Just wasn't right in the head. I held out hope that he could be fixed .... and now I hold out hope that history isn't repeating ..... :sadwalk:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-22-2004, 09:31 AM
What were the records of the two?

Historian
09-22-2004, 09:34 AM
What were the records of the two?

I don't deny the numbers, but my question would be how many games did RJ finish, Vs. Bledsoe?

I'll bet Rob leads Drew in concussions 10-1.

OpIv37
09-22-2004, 10:02 AM
A few key differences-
1. Bledsoe can actually take a hit and stay in the game. If a linebacker looked at Johson for too long, he would sprain an ankle.
2. Bledsoe restructured his contract. RJ took his $25 mil and laughed all the way to the bank
3. While Bledsoe has struggled through most of his time in Buffalo, he at least had the numbers to justify bringing him here, unlike RJ which was a very expensive shot in the dark.
4. When Bledsoe gets sacked, to me it at least appears that he's trying to find somewhere to go with the ball. RJ would just stop dead like a deer in headlights until he got pounded. He was also terrible about knowing when to throw it away, which is bad because unlike Bledsoe he could actually get out of the pocket.
5. 8-8 and 6-10 suck, but RJ was 2-14 in his only complete season as a starter.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not happy with Bledsoe's play and I think he's got half a season to get his act together or else he shouldn't be back next year. But RJ is my least favorite Bill of all time- QB rating notwithstanding, I don't think Bledsoe's sunk that low yet. The number doesn't tell the whole story.

Bulldog
09-22-2004, 11:52 AM
A few key differences-
1. Bledsoe can actually take a hit and stay in the game. If a linebacker looked at Johson for too long, he would sprain an ankle.
2. Bledsoe restructured his contract. RJ took his $25 mil and laughed all the way to the bank
3. While Bledsoe has struggled through most of his time in Buffalo, he at least had the numbers to justify bringing him here, unlike RJ which was a very expensive shot in the dark.
4. When Bledsoe gets sacked, to me it at least appears that he's trying to find somewhere to go with the ball. RJ would just stop dead like a deer in headlights until he got pounded. He was also terrible about knowing when to throw it away, which is bad because unlike Bledsoe he could actually get out of the pocket.
5. 8-8 and 6-10 suck, but RJ was 2-14 in his only complete season as a starter.

Don't get me wrong- I'm not happy with Bledsoe's play and I think he's got half a season to get his act together or else he shouldn't be back next year. But RJ is my least favorite Bill of all time- QB rating notwithstanding, I don't think Bledsoe's sunk that low yet. The number doesn't tell the whole story.

1.) Agreed
2.) Bledsoe is still overpaid. No way a QB who is put in a system to basically baby sit an offense should be paid as much as he is.
3.) Not important.
4.) RJ could at least scramble a little bit if he got in trouble. Bledsoe on the other hand tucks the ball away and prepares to get pounded!
5.) You can't compare that team to the ones Bledsoe has had to work with.

I am not saying RJ was a good QB. I just don't see how people can think Bledsoe has been any better. So in summary, they both suck.

carybillsfan
09-22-2004, 01:07 PM
I am not saying RJ was a good QB. I just don't see how people can think Bledsoe has been any better. So in summary, they both suck.

Agreed :clap:

Ickybaluky
09-22-2004, 01:13 PM
Bledsoe restructured his contract. RJ took his $25 mil and laughed all the way to the bank

Do you realize that Bledsoe will earn $19.25M from the Bills for 2002-2004? If he is released after this year, the Bills would have paid him almost $6.5M per year.