PDA

View Full Version : Compare Drew to the Vet/Old QB's

justasportsfan
09-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Comparing Drew to the Older/Vet qb's
Vinny, Farve, Brunnel, Gannon, Warner, Green.

Where would you rank Drew?

Granted that Warner didn't come in til' 98 he isn't young.

justasportsfan
09-22-2004, 10:43 AM
here are some qb nos. after two games.
http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PYDS/2004/regular

pats-were-right
09-22-2004, 11:21 AM
Personally I'd put him about even with Brunell and Vinny, below the rest.

Funny you mention Brunell. he was the most common name that Drew bashers in the '90's used in their "_______ would be better for this team" sentence. Not sure if I bought it for the Pats then, or the Bills now, for that matter.

justasportsfan
09-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Funny how Vinny moves to a new team playing w/ new players and yet he throws for more than 300 ypg.

Granted that the bills are supposedly playing smashmouth O, Drew should not have a problem finding his wr's considering he's had more time than Vinny creating chemistry w/ his wr's.

pats-were-right
09-22-2004, 11:50 AM
Funny how Vinny moves to a new team playing w/ new players and yet he throws for more than 300 ypg.

Granted that the bills are supposedly playing smashmouth O, Drew should not have a problem finding his wr's considering he's had more time than Vinny creating chemistry w/ his wr's.
Vinny's having a resurgence but I don't think it will last.

As for your other tongue in cheek comments in all my years of watching football I have simply never heard as many excuses given for any other player, period.

justasportsfan
09-22-2004, 11:59 AM
As for your other tongue in cheek comments in all my years of watching football I have simply never heard as many excuses given for any other player, period. I wasn't making an excuse as a matter of fact it could very well mean Drew is done.

carybillsfan
09-22-2004, 12:49 PM
I'd have to say that out of that bunch Favre is the only great qb, the rest are all equal. I mean Gannon looked horrible against us, say what you will about Drew but rich didn't exactly light it up with 13 points. Green doesn't impress me and he plays behind a great o-line. Brunnell is done just like last year he'll lose his starting because of an injury, plus he was never good to begin with. Warner--who cares he's either hot or cold and when he's cold he's 10x wrse than drew, because when he gets hit he loses the ball. Vinny's the strange one, he seems to bounce around from team to team and always starts out on fire, by week 8 he'll be so cold you'd think he lived in an igloo. Just plain numbers don't tell the whole story, favre is the only one on a team with a chance to win another superbowl.

HenryRules
09-22-2004, 05:44 PM
I thought Gannon looked pretty damned good against us.