• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Armpalm Ali Musch
    The man - - - The legend
    • Sep 2004

Fred Smerlas fieldgoal block video

I was wondering if anyone has the clip of Fred Smerlas blocking that field goal in the day we won the division crown against the Jets and then the fans destroyed everything?

• CanaanVtBillsFan
    • Sep 2003

i was 16 selling buffalo terrible towels

ill never in my whole life forget that game
    im 35 years old now and can still vividly remember it
    didnt leonard smith get a game misconduct on a kick off?

i worked with for this guy carmen terranova
    he owned a restaurant in north tonawanda called roman cafe and had me sell buffalo terrible towels
    i was dressed like a super hero

going on the field was crazy

we just stood there and smiled watching the fans carry the post on the upper level

damn i got chills

thanks for bringing back that memory

i heard ralph ordered them in advance

i wish i had a vid of it to see if i could spot myself

TommieBoy

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

That was the best day of my life.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
        • May 2003

That was one of the worst days of mine. I don't know if I ever told the story of the game, but on that day I am sure you remember how cold and rainy it was. I am bundled up pretty good and I pick up my "buddy" and he is in a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and sneakers. I tell him that it is freezing rain out there!!!!!!! He tells me he will be fine and that he never gets cold. OK, who am I to argue. FF to halftime. I look over and he is blue and he looks like he is about to die. He asks me if it is OK to leave. Now, inside I am furious, but he really looks like crap. So I left at halftime. He went home and was sick for a week he says. I got to listen on the radio. Everytime I am in a place, like the airport, and I see that picture of everyone on the field and tearing the goal posts down I become furious.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          That was one of the worst days of mine. I don't know if I ever told the story of the game, but on that day I am sure you remember how cold and rainy it was. I am bundled up pretty good and I pick up my "buddy" and he is in a sweatshirt, sweatpants, and sneakers. I tell him that it is freezing rain out there!!!!!!! He tells me he will be fine and that he never gets cold. OK, who am I to argue. FF to halftime. I look over and he is blue and he looks like he is about to die. He asks me if it is OK to leave. Now, inside I am furious, but he really looks like crap. So I left at halftime. He went home and was sick for a week he says. I got to listen on the radio. Everytime I am in a place, like the airport, and I see that picture of everyone on the field and tearing the goal posts down I become furious.
          I think I hear remember that story.

I think I replied that you should have let your friend die.

I was at home watching TV in good ole Yonkers NY. Fired up about going to school the next day to rub it in to Jets fans.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Looking back now, I should have let him die and bury him under the end zone Jimmy Hoffa style when everyone ran on the field!!!

Comment

• Armpalm Ali Musch
              The man - - - The legend
              • Sep 2004

I am glad you are remminising but does anyone have the video?

Comment

Working...
              X