X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Defiant Bledsoe answers his critics

A defiant Drew Bledsoe provided a stern response to those questioning whether he's still capable of leading the Buffalo Bills.

"I'm the quarterback here. And I'm going to be the quarterback here," Bledsoe said after practice Wednesday. "The players on the team know that. The coaches know that. And that's just simply the way it is."

Bledsoe's comments came during the Bills' bye week and as the team attempts to regroup after opening the season with consecutive 13-10 losses to Oakland and Jacksonville. They were in response to a growing number of critics who have begun to question his age and ability to lead the offense, which has yet to shake last season's troubles.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

More hollow, meaningless words. We've been hearing the exact same thing since the second half of '02. I like him, but he can't back up his words with actions or results. He is done. You can tell by the words and the way he defends himself...he has lost all confidence in himself and he is not going to get it back...at least not as a Bill.

I don't blame him for only winning 14 times in 34 starts with the Bills. Yes, it is the team, not just him. BUT....it is still time for him to ride the pine. Put in Matthews or Zolman or get George or pull AVP out of the booth if you have to. I do not want Drew starting again.
    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 09-22-2004, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• HenryRules
      • Jul 2002

If results were determined by quotes and cliches ... the Bills would be one of the best teams in the NFL.

According to Mularkey, nothing really sticks out as being too bad.
      Accoridng to Drew, he's still a really good QB and things are turning around.
      According to Moulds, Drew still has great ability.
      According to Mike Williams, he's going to start putting some effort into things and really improving (from training camp).
      According to Donahoe, this is a fine team that underachieved due to coaching last year.

Just for once, I'd like someone to back up their damned words with a ****ing performance.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by HenryRules
        If results were determined by quotes and cliches ... the Bills would be one of the best teams in the NFL.

According to Mularkey, nothing really sticks out as being too bad.
        Accoridng to Drew, he's still a really good QB and things are turning around.
        According to Moulds, Drew still has great ability.
        According to Mike Williams, he's going to start putting some effort into things and really improving (from training camp).
        According to Donahoe, this is a fine team that underachieved due to coaching last year.

Just for once, I'd like someone to back up their damned words with a ****ing performance.
        Well said.

Comment

• SStudawgg
          • Aug 2004

Hey Why don't we trade another 1st round daft pick and get whats his Johnson back here again. While were at it maybe trade Travis f/ Ricky Williams ???
          "Adversity is an opportunity for heroism."

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."

Marv Levy

Reporter:
          "What do you think of your team's execution?"

Coach:
          "I'm all for it !!"

Comment

• ScottLawrence
            • Jan 2004

I'm the quarterback here. And I'm going to be the quarterback here

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
            You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Yes! Just what I like to hear, Bledsoe. You will rebound and prove all the jumpers wrong.

Comment

• FTG
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Yes! Just what I like to hear, Bledsoe. You will rebound and prove all the jumpers wrong.
                I agree. I'm happy to hear him a sound a little pissed off. Now like you said, he needs put up and prove us wrong. If not he can shut up!
                Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

bills fansbledsoe

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• thenry20
                    • Jan 2004

Most of you don't like what he said because it's true!!!

There are ****-up's on the whole roster who are preventing this team from winning games. They should all be embarrassed and hand in their uniforms, ASAP!

To even think that DB is solely responsible for this debacle is utterly stupid.

Comment

• FTG
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by thenry20

To even think that DB is solely responsible for this debacle is utterly stupid.

NO ONE IS SAYING THAT HE IS SOLEY RESPONSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

I think he's going to turn things around.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                          I think he's going to turn things around.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

if he thinks the heat is bad now.. wait till he has his worst game of the season against the team and coach that knows him like the back of their hand.

i predict drew has at least 3 turnovers this game..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Drewpac
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              if he thinks the heat is bad now.. wait till he has his worst game of the season against the team and coach that knows him like the back of their hand.

i predict drew has at least 3 turnovers this game..
                              No. His worst game of the season will come at NE. This week he'll have 0 TDs, 1 pick, 1 Fumble, and 4-6 sacks. Of course, this will all be blamed on the o-line or the great coaching of Belicheck.

Comment

Working...
                              X