PDA

View Full Version : Who's true to Drew?

northernbillfan
09-23-2004, 04:12 AM
Someone somewhere must owe Drew a big favor. Did Drew save their life once? Did he help deliver a baby on the side lines? Rescue someone's wife/family from a disaster? I'd like to know who in the Buffalo Bills front office owes that much to Drew that they are willing to sacrifice wins and fans by keeping Bledsoe in as starter week after losing week.

When does someone in the FO step up and put a stop to his playing? The writers and prognosticators are shouting... "Drew's a bum" "He's washed up" "Enough is enough." The fans are calling for his head. The team is non responsive. Defenses don't give him any credit by blitzing as often as they have been. Nobody has any respect left for Drew, as far as I know. Hell even his o-line doesn't remember he's there.

That leads me to believe that only one or two men in the Bills organization are capable of making that decision and that's Donahoe and Wilson. Why are they still true to Drew? Can't blame Mularkey, he's new, this Drew problem is old.

Postscript: I know I tried to defend Drew in another thread, I was convinced otherwise. Even though deep down inside I knew he really sucked

hurls
09-23-2004, 04:39 AM
Until he gets put out by a Defensive player, we're stuck with him, as Donahoe's too stubborn to admit a wrong. 3-13 here we come!!!!!! But, it's not all his fault, just 90%.

northernbillfan
09-23-2004, 04:47 AM
It's Donahoe's fault then for keeping him in. What Drew got on Donahoe?

And that brings up another question, since when does a GM tell a coach which player should start? The GM should line up the talent and let the coach decide which player works or not.

Typ0
09-23-2004, 05:50 AM
This is the choice we have made...and we're not going to just give up on the season after two weeks and put SM in. Drew is going to have a chance to turn things around for himself and with the team. Right now giving him the chance is the right choice...who knows maybe he's just had two of his three bad games that he usually has during the last quarter of the season and we will go on a roll. I kind of doubt it though we have beat ourselves in two games against teams that were playing piss poor football...what's going to happen when we play good teams?

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-23-2004, 06:10 AM
I really, really, really, really want to be.

northernbillfan
09-23-2004, 12:58 PM
This is the choice we have made...and we're not going to just give up on the season after two weeks and put SM in. Drew is going to have a chance to turn things around for himself and with the team. Right now giving him the chance is the right choice...who knows maybe he's just had two of his three bad games that he usually has during the last quarter of the season and we will go on a roll. I kind of doubt it though we have beat ourselves in two games against teams that were playing piss poor football...what's going to happen when we play good teams?
It wasn't just the first two games of this season. It was most of last season and the latter half of the 2002.

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 01:09 PM
It wasn't just the first two games of this season. It was most of last season and the latter half of the 2002.It was most of last season under Gilbride and GW. It's only been 2 games under Mularkey and Co.

You likey my spin?

northernbillfan
09-23-2004, 01:13 PM
It was most of last season under Gilbride and GW. It's only been 2 games under Mularkey and Co.

You likey my spin?
I like your spin. It even strengthens my point about Donahoe being the one responsible for hanging on to a dream that just isn't going to materialize.

mybills
09-23-2004, 01:33 PM
It's tough to have <b>faith</b> in a non-existing <b>savior</b>.

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 01:43 PM
I like your spin. It even strengthens my point about Donahoe being the one responsible for hanging on to a dream that just isn't going to materialize.who knows ? It could materialize. We are screwed anyways if we start Mathews or Losman. Which FA do you think we could have taken that could have done better than Drew?
1. Blake -maybe, but he a stop gap and wys would be here saying "I told you so"

2. Collins -you know he won't settle for being a back-up .

3.Warner -he would've had a concussion after the 3rd of the 7 sacks that Drew took

4. Garcia - he's ugly, not that I look any better but I'm not :limp:

5. Jeff George - his raked up 1,000,000 roll over minutes on his cell. No one called him.

6. Feely- we should've bid a 1st rd. for him. :crazy:

northernbillfan
09-23-2004, 01:47 PM
I think the bottom line is that we are stuck with Drew until Losman materializes into a starter, and even that's a big if.

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 01:52 PM
I think the bottom line is that we are stuck with Drew until Losman materializes into a starter, and even that's a big if.this is why we have to run the ball just so we don't have to depend on Drew winning games for us. We haven't established our running game yet.

Voltron
09-23-2004, 02:11 PM
I was watching NFL total access and Lincoln Kennedy said this was more the O-lines fault then Drew’s fault. Now you all know I am not a Drew fan but after watching Film I have to say Link was right about last weeks game. He had NO time to even set his feet on half those sacks let alone throw the ball. When you get hit over and over and over you tend to try and hurry yourself and low and behold when you hurry something you tend to throw logistics and form out the window. That is what led to over and under thrown passes. Not only does drew have NO confidence in himself but he has less confidence in the 5 guys that are "supposed" to protect him for 3 to 5 seconds a play.

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 02:13 PM
I was watching NFL total access and Lincoln Kennedy said this was more the O-lines fault then Drew’s fault. Now you all know I am not a Drew fan but after watching Film I have to say Link was right about last weeks game. He had NO time to even set his feet on half those sacks let alone throw the ball. When you get hit over and over and over you tend to try and hurry yourself and low and behold when you hurry something you tend to throw logistics and form out the window. That is what led to over and under thrown passes. Not only does drew have NO confidence in himself but he has less confidence in the 5 guys that are "supposed" to protect him for 3 to 5 seconds a play.We've been bashing the wrong guy then????

FIRE MCANALLY!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

mybills
09-23-2004, 02:14 PM
3.Warner -he would've had a concussion after the 3rd of the 7 sacks that Drew took

4. Garcia - he's ugly, not that I look any better

3. Warner is doing just fine.
4. Yes you do.

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 02:20 PM
3. Warner is doing just fine.
4. Yes you do.
Warner would've gotten killed w/ this OL.
look uglier ? :sadwalk:

mybills
09-23-2004, 02:26 PM
no dear, you know I think you look MUCH better than him.

northernbillfan
09-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the neg Justa, it's the first one I have received in a long long time.

I do think Garcia is one of the better ones in that group.

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the neg Justa, it's the first one I have received in a long long time.

I do think Garcia is one of the better ones in that group.wasn't me. I've never given anyone a neg yet.

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 02:44 PM
no dear, you know I think you look MUCH better than him.maybe slightly. He's got the hot babe...or was that his plutonic friend. thanks , :D

Voltron
09-23-2004, 02:54 PM
We've been bashing the wrong guy then????

FIRE MCANALLY!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
Asking McNally to make a decent line with these guys is like asking Emeril Lagasse to make you Chicken cordon bleu with government cheese :D

justasportsfan
09-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Asking McNally to make a decent line with these guys is like asking Emeril Lagasse to make you Chicken cordon bleu with government cheese :D If he thought he didn't have enough talent, don't you think Td would've tried to find some? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the O starts with the OL. We were still 5 million under the cap.

Does anyone know how long it took Mcnally to fix the Giants OL? :idunno:

Voltron
09-23-2004, 03:51 PM
If he thought he didn't have enough talent, don't you think Td would've tried to find some? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the O starts with the OL. We were still 5 million under the cap.

Does anyone know how long it took Mcnally to fix the Giants OL? :idunno:
He never really did. He had 3 starters out for most of the year and 2 of the backups were rookies. It is an uphill battle for him.