PDA

View Full Version : The Bills defense isn't good enough to win the big ones

Mr.Reality
11-08-2002, 11:32 PM
Granted, they've pulled out some wins against teams that aren't very good; the Vikings, Lions, and the banged up Dolphins. They nearly lost to the Vikings and Lions. They should be 3-5.

Sabre Ally
11-09-2002, 02:56 AM
:scratch: We've played 9 games.....3+5=8. :D

WG
11-09-2002, 05:04 AM
I'm with ya there Reality. I think we've ended up at the top end of the range of possibilities for this team thus far. The schedule tightens up somewhat coming down the stretch. One of two things will happen; either we will win some more close games, or we'll go on a losing skid dropping somewhere between 4 and 6 of our last 7 games.

Time will bear that out. I don't think this team is gonna blow anyone out however. We had that chance against several weak teams and it didn't happen.

I'd love to see us win 5 of our last 7 including wins against the Pats and Fins, but I'm not running to an offshore book to make the wager. Especially against the Pats.

Milquetoast
11-09-2002, 12:13 PM
I think we have a good defense. But I can see what Mr. Reality is saying, too. We're good, but we've been lucky too.

harmonkoz
11-09-2002, 12:38 PM
IMO Our defense has improved. We have played a couple games without Winfield, which I think says volumes about our depth in the secondary this year. Spoon will be back next year. Couple that with a strong defensive draft next year and I think we will be ready to start winning those tough games.

This year, there are just way too many holes.

If there is one thing that I do have confidence in, it is that our front office is going to make the picks and the free agent moves this off season to shore up our defense. They cleaned the roster in the first year, rebuilt the o in the second year, third year is for the defense. :)

Milquetoast
11-09-2002, 07:06 PM
I agree.

Marcos20
11-10-2002, 09:36 AM
we have the talent on defense .... we just dont have the coaching ...

lunatic_bills_fan
11-10-2002, 10:58 PM
All this about beatin weak teams. Comin from many years in competitive sports, I know there is one thing that is very hard to do. That is to not play down to the level of your opponent. This unfortunately can only be overcome by one thing. Experience and Chemistry. This Bills team has very little experiance together. This is why I believe that coming into this part of the schedule against better teams the bills' are gonna step up a notch. Just got a weird hunch.