X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillzFan
    • Sep 2003

NFL Admits 3 Blown Calls in Bills/Raiders Game

Didn't see this posted here, but on another board it is being reported that according to Howard Simon, the NFL Referees Association of whatever will be telling the Bills they blew three calls in our game vs. the Raiders.

Henry's TD
    The endzone holding/safety
    Holding penalty on Clements' return.

Sorry...no link. Anyone listen to Simon today?
    Good beef jerkey could possibly be the perfect food.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LABillzFan
    Didn't see this posted here, but on another board it is being reported that according to Howard Simon, the NFL Referees Association of whatever will be telling the Bills they blew three calls in our game vs. the Raiders.

Henry's TD
    The endzone holding/safety
    Holding penalty on Clements' return.

Sorry...no link. Anyone listen to Simon today?
    my apologies to those I argued with regarding the safety and Henry's TD. Now. since we should have won the game can we stop bashing DB and TD to death.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      my apologies to those I argued with regarding the safety and Henry's TD. Now. since we should have won the game can we stop bashing DB and TD to death.
      NO!!! If Drew didn't drink Gatorade when he was thirsty, we would've won
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

I'm telling you, somebody f'd up his ***** coffee

btw, i wish those ass holes wouldn't even bring this up, it's even more depressing to hear this now.

Comment

• cordog
          eat, drink, and be merry
          • Apr 2003

Way to go refs!!!!! This is why there should be full time refs. The worst part is didnt the Bills challenge the Endzone holding call? How can you still blow it after you look at it. If any of us were this incompotent at our jobs, we would not have them

Comment

• cordog
            eat, drink, and be merry
            • Apr 2003

so if it wasnt for the refs we would be looking at
            touchdown=17
            Safety=19
            Clements ran it down to I believe the 7 so we would be looking at 22-26 points.

Nothing like screwing us out of 16 points.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
              Way to go refs!!!!! This is why there should be full time refs. The worst part is didnt the Bills challenge the Endzone holding call? How can you still blow it after you look at it. If any of us were this incompotent at our jobs, we would not have them
              got to give MM the benefit of the doubt...somebody has about 30 seconds to look at the replay and getting back to him...they probably reviewed it for 5 mintues in the league office.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• cordog
                eat, drink, and be merry
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                got to give MM the benefit of the doubt...somebody has about 30 seconds to look at the replay and getting back to him...they probably reviewed it for 5 mintues in the league office.

Im not blaming it on MM, Im blaming it on the ref. First they missed the call, MM challenged, and they still got it wrong after having a chance to see it again. Thats pathetic! The refs need to be full time, instead working at a regular job for the week and just showing up on the weekends and call the game.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                  Im not blaming it on MM, Im blaming it on the ref. First they missed the call, MM challenged, and they still got it wrong after having a chance to see it again. Thats pathetic! The refs need to be full time, instead working at a regular job for the week and just showing up on the weekends and call the game.
                  did MM challange Henry's "TD"?

Comment

• pcnorth22
                    • Mar 2003

he couldn't challenge the non-safety call...he threw the flag but they told him it wasn't reviewable...

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Who knows maybe the ref blew calls against the Raiders as well...I will not blame this loss on the refs

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Maybe there was a camera angle that I didn't see, but the clip I saw of Travis Henry's run didn't look like a TD to me. The other two I saw no clips at all so I can't say whether there was or wasn't a mistake.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          Maybe there was a camera angle that I didn't see, but the clip I saw of Travis Henry's run didn't look like a TD to me. The other two I saw no clips at all so I can't say whether there was or wasn't a mistake.

I recall Henry getting stuffed at the line but, NO WHISTLE BLEW.... and, Henry bounced back to the outside and stretched his arms over the goal line and, THEN they blew it.
                          You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                            • Apr 2004

Any word on whether they admit to choking the 4th and game play against the Jags?

If this was the Olympics we might be getting 2 W's.
                            finsrclowns

Comment

• FTG
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by don137
                              Who knows maybe the ref blew calls against the Raiders as well...I will not blame this loss on the refs
                              I agree. Blaming the refs is lame. The others were close but I can't believe they admitted the the hold on Clements return was wrong. You could see our guy pulling the jersey on the replay. Nate was already past the play so it did not affect the return but it was a hold.
                              Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

Working...
                              X