PDA

View Full Version : More evidence of owners throwing away money on CBSSporsline leagues

Halbert
09-24-2004, 06:19 AM
I have Steven Jackson in three of my eight leagues on CBSSportsline FF. All three teams have plenty of RB's so I want to get Jackson off my rosters to make room for some depth. I've sent a message to owners of Marshall Faulk telling them in advance I'd like to get a backup QB, D or TE for Jackson and I'm going to drop him if I find a suitable free agent. Of course if I drop Jackson it's unlikely that the Faulk owners would get him because someone is probably ahead of them on the waiver priority and since Jackson is the most valuable and predictably useful backup in the league somebody will certainly snatch him up. All three of the teams that own Faulk have RB depth problems.

Believe it or not, not a single owner has even responded to my trade feelers! Logically Jackson has the most value to Faulk owners because they are the only ones to be assured to be able to need Jackson the most when Faulk goes out. I think it's crazy for a Faulk owner to ignore the possibility of obtaining Jackson. I own Faulk in two leagues and in both cases I either drafted Jackson or traded for him. To me it seems like a requirement if you're going to own Faulk but apparently I must have missed some gem of FF strategy because apparently it's ok to prefer to have Ron Dayne or Willis McGahee as your next RB rather than Jackson if you already own Faulk.

Why don't these people just mail me the thirty bucks they paid to join? lol.

Philagape
09-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Why is this Sportsline's fault?

Halbert
09-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Where did I say it was?

Philagape
09-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Your subheadline kinda threw me

Halbert
09-24-2004, 08:46 PM
I just wonder why people pay money to play and then do such foolhardy things. I'm not kidding when I say one of these guys has Faulk, Dayne and McGahee as his backs and he doesn't even want to consider trading Gannon (Culpepper is his starter) or either the Cowboys/Steelers for Jackson! He's fifth on the waiver wire and there's no way he's going to get him when I drop him. The other owners are in similar situations. It just seems insane to me to not even consider it. I even sent them a note reminding them that Faulk has missed games every season for the past 3, that Jackson has done very well in relief appearances, and that whomever is first on the waiver priority is almost guaranteed to pick him up when I drop him. Yet not a peep. It's so dumb it's weird. Pride and stubborness I suppose. Oh well.

Charlieguide
09-25-2004, 05:49 PM
Are these leagues still open to sign up? I may want a piece of this action . . . :snicker:

Halbert
09-26-2004, 12:13 PM
It's funny because they act like I'm crazy to expect them to give up anything more than the waterboy for Jackson. I'll be sure to send them a note when Faulk is out and somebody else is racking up points with Jackson.