OK, let's back away from the ledge and think this through.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

OK, let's back away from the ledge and think this through.

Enough of the doom and gloom. I'm here to tell you that all is not lost. This is why:

You can divide the remaining games into 3 categories: NFC, AFC (non-division) and Division games. Let's start with the NFC.

NFC: 4 games

Arizona and St. Louis at Buffalo, at SF, at Seattle.

It's not beyond comprehension that we go 3-1 here. We should beat Arizona and San Francisco. St. Louis comes in at the end of November. Dome teams almost always lay an egg outdoors in the winter time. The Rams are having trouble running the ball anyway. So 3-1 is not out of the question.

AFC (non-division): 4 games

Pittsburgh and Cincinnati at Buffalo, at Tenn, at Baltimore.

Looks like we can go 2-2 here, winning the home games. It wouldn't be a shocker to go into Baltimore and win in a low scoring game.

So now, including the 0-2 start , this would make it 5-5 so far.

The division games are the key. 4-2 in the division would make it 9-7. The fringes of the playoff hunt!

The next three games are all division games. If we can win 2 of three, we'll be right back in the hunt.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Great breakdown.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Yeah nice post.

We lost two close games.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

The division games are the key. 4-2 in the division would make it 9-7. The fringes of the playoff hunt!

The next three games are all division games. If we can win 2 of three, we'll be right back in the hunt.
        great analysis- but this last part is what concerns me. The next 3 games are the division games, so they will basically tell us if the season is salvageable. But if Buffalo comes out of it 1-2 or 0-3, it's over.

Of course, I start every season hoping the Bills will win the SB, but over the last few years, my realistic hope is that the Bills are close enough to the playoff hunt to make the November and December games meaningful. If we don't go 2-1 or 3-0 over the next 3, our season's basically shot after 5 games.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
          great analysis- but this last part is what concerns me. The next 3 games are the division games, so they will basically tell us if the season is salvageable. But if Buffalo comes out of it 1-2 or 0-3, it's over.

Of course, I start every season hoping the Bills will win the SB, but over the last few years, my realistic hope is that the Bills are close enough to the playoff hunt to make the November and December games meaningful. If we don't go 2-1 or 3-0 over the next 3, our season's basically shot after 5 games.
          I agree. We need to win at least 2 of the next 3. If we win one or less, we're toast.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Enough of the doom and gloom. I'm here to tell you that all is not lost. This is why:

You can divide the remaining games into 3 categories: NFC, AFC (non-division) and Division games. Let's start with the NFC.

NFC: 4 games

Arizona and St. Louis at Buffalo, at SF, at Seattle.

It's not beyond comprehension that we go 3-1 here. We should beat Arizona and San Francisco. St. Louis comes in at the end of November. Dome teams almost always lay an egg outdoors in the winter time. The Rams are having trouble running the ball anyway. So 3-1 is not out of the question.

Looks like we can go 2-2 here, winning the home games. It wouldn't be a shocker to go into Baltimore and win in a low scoring game.

So now, including the 0-2 start , this would make it 5-5 so far.

nice analysis...but if this offense is incapable of putting more than 10 points a game on the board it is all moot.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

You got these wrong, it's actually a little bit better. We don't have Tenn, we have Cleveland

It's Pitts and Cle at home and Cincy and Balt on the road.

I could see 3-1 here! Pitts and Cle should be wins at home and I see no reason why we can't beat Cincy.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                You got these wrong, it's actually a little bit better. We don't have Tenn, we have Cleveland

It's Pitts and Cle at home and Cincy and Balt on the road.

I could see 3-1 here! Pitts and Cle should be wins at home and I see no reason why we can't beat Cincy.

So now let's say 3-1 vs. the NFC and 3-1 in non-division games and the 0-2 start and we're at 6-4. 4-2 in the east puts us at 10-6! The East games are very big.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

So now let's say 3-1 vs. the NFC and 3-1 in non-division games and the 0-2 start and we're at 6-4. 4-2 in the east puts us at 10-6! The East games are very big.

Beat Miami twice split with NE and NY and it's 10-6 baby!

Maybe I'm dreaming but it's more fun than *****ing about the season being over.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Beat Miami twice split with NE and NY and it's 10-6 baby!

Maybe I'm dreaming but it's more fun than *****ing about the season being over.
                    My point exactly.

When Ditka coached the Bears he was a maniac for those division games. Win those, and everything else will work itself out.

Comment

• FTG
                      • Aug 2004

When they win 2 of the next 3 against division foes I'll say the seasons not lost. They've gotta do it first.
                      Drew Bledsoe ****ing sucks

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FTG
                        When they win 2 of the next 3 against division foes I'll say the seasons not lost. They've gotta do it first.

The good thing is that 2 are at home! We should win that Miami game.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

that could be the first 2-0 game in the history of the league...has there ever been a 0-0 tie in the modern NFL?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• FTG
                            • Aug 2004

The good thing is that 2 are at home! We should win that Miami game.
                            Yes we should. I expect them to win that one. I just hope our defense can keep up the level they are playing at. If they do I don't question we can steal one of the other 2. The Pats and Jets offenses are not the Raiders and Jags though

Comment

• FTG
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                              that could be the first 2-0 game in the history of the league...has there ever been a 0-0 tie in the modern NFL?
                              One of the Defenses will score in that game. If feeley continues as their QB I bet it will be ours

Comment

Working...
                              X