if everyone has figured out how to defense drew....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuvDaBills11
    • Nov 2002

if everyone has figured out how to defense drew....

from the last couple games it looks like teams are starting to know how to defend drew and this awesome offense of ours so I think it's time for gilbried to change a few things.

teams have been blitzing or at least getting pressure to hurry drew. they know our line is good but is young too so they use odd blitz pakages or do weird stunts (like bilichek's line men walking around) to confuse the line

they know drew is not mobile and cant throw on the run so the pressure takes away the medium and deep threats from price and moulds

so giblrdie now needs to chagne the offense.

first he needs to run the ball more and more effectively. mix up burns and morris for chagne of pace and run outside as much as inside.if the blitz then a run up the gut should beat the d if they blitz inside then they should run outside and drew has to make those calls at the line

then he needs to go tot he short pass more.give drew more short outlet wrs like henry and centers and riems and moore and even crosby i think

he needs to get his line men to mature faster so silly stunt scemes like the fakeriots used wont hurt so much and he needs to get his backs blocking better too

there are things he can do to keep scoring points and make defenses honest but so far he hasn't done thme
  • Fat Tony
    • Sep 2002

Awesome analysis,........ terrible spelling.

What's a fakeriots?

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Or giblrdie
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Fat Tony
        • Sep 2002

I think you meant gilbried

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

VERY nice analysis Luv!!

"so giblrdie now needs to chagne the offense."

"first he needs to run the ball more and more effectively."

LOL. Indeed! But what do you think the chances are of him doing that?

Keep in mind, that no other O.C./Head Coach in the league over the past 10 seasons has had his QBs pass more than Gilbrides, and by a long shot. IMO based on that, The man simply believes that passing the football is the best strategy for winning games.

If that's true, do you think he can somehow "retrain" himself to utilize the rushing game more? Perhaps often primarily?

Good assessment!!!
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Marcos20
            • Oct 2002

nice analisis, with some good points..
            i agree that we need to run a little more ... bue not short pass ... we have a Tremendus QB ... he can go deep without any problems ...
            Si me pueden entender:

"Aguante la Bersuit krajo , E-Moulds el WR +kpo

Comment

• WCoastFin
              I have the arms of a new born baby!
              • Jul 2002

I dont think theyve figured out how to defend against Drew, I think they always knew, Its just simply that now the Bills are now playing better teams with better defenses.....Drew abused teams with no secondary to defend with (i.e. Lions).
              We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
                I'm Really 4 and Short
                • Sep 2002

So, the Texans corners aren't good? (Glenn, Coleman)

Broncos?

Raiders?

Same could be said about Ricky Williams.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Re: if everyone has figured out how to defense drew....

Originally posted by LuvDaBills11
                  from the last couple games it looks like teams are starting to know how to defend drew and this awesome offense of ours so I think it's time for gilbried to change a few things.

teams have been blitzing or at least getting pressure to hurry drew. they know our line is good but is young too so they use odd blitz pakages or do weird stunts (like bilichek's line men walking around) to confuse the line

they know drew is not mobile and cant throw on the run so the pressure takes away the medium and deep threats from price and moulds

so giblrdie now needs to chagne the offense.

first he needs to run the ball more and more effectively. mix up burns and morris for chagne of pace and run outside as much as inside.if the blitz then a run up the gut should beat the d if they blitz inside then they should run outside and drew has to make those calls at the line

then he needs to go tot he short pass more.give drew more short outlet wrs like henry and centers and riems and moore and even crosby i think

he needs to get his line men to mature faster so silly stunt scemes like the fakeriots used wont hurt so much and he needs to get his backs blocking better too

there are things he can do to keep scoring points and make defenses honest but so far he hasn't done thme
                  You sound a lot like someone else I used to know from Colorado.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LuvDaBills11
                    • Nov 2002

ok so i cant spell, im a phys ed teacher for gods sake

really i can spell i just dont check my post before i make them

wys - i dont know if gilbride (spelled rite) will change or not he loves to pass. but he has to do something or drew will bget killed b4 the season ends.his offenses have alwys been good so i think that means he is good at ajusting

marcos i think he need the short pass cuz he cant just run to deal with the blitz he has to dump it off too or teams will get use to it

lordofgun, what do you mean? i am in colorado but i dont think i met you anywere?

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LuvDaBills11
                      lordofgun, what do you mean? i am in colorado but i dont think i met you anywere?
                      Nope..never been there.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LuvDaBills11
                        • Nov 2002

so what did you mean?

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

One of the key personalities of that "other Bills fan website" from which the founders of this site came, is from Colorado. LOG may mean that the tenor of your post reminds him of that other person.

I think Belichick caught the Bills' offence off guard with his unconventional defense on passing downs. I think Buffalo's coaches were too slow to adjust. As I understand it, eventually the Bills went to a zone blocking scheme that rendered the "mull around and look confused until the ball is snapped defence" of Belichick less effective. As the Bills players and coaches see these defences, part of their growing process hopefully will be learning how to adapt and overcome them. If they don't or can't adapt that will be a sign that they are not good enough coaches, because I think, on offence at least, we know we have good players.
                          Last edited by TigerJ; 11-09-2002, 10:25 PM.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            One of the key personalities of that "other Bills fan website" from which the founders of this site came, is from Colorado. LOG may mean that the tenor of your post reminds him of that other person.
                            TigerJ is one smart guy.

In any case, you're welcome here LuvDaBills!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Quack!

well, if it walks like a duck.....

Comment

Working...
                              X