PDA

View Full Version : Another bledsoe thread not bashing !!

shotgun
09-24-2004, 05:38 PM
U know how it seemed like bledsoe had the ball in his hand for like 5 sec well it seemed like it why dose it take him so ( rob johnson) like to look off all his wr and trow the ball he has to have a a back up plan instead of takeing the sack . i swear he had the ball for about 7 sec at one time..

or maybe it's not him holding the ball so long may be moulds reed evens campbell henry or mcgahee are not doing there jobs and not running good wrouts well i hope we see a high tempo offense in week 4 and a big W for the bills and end that pats 19 games winning streak...

go bills !!!

Michael82
09-24-2004, 06:56 PM
You hit the nail on the head....it's not just Drew. The receivers are not getting open and because Reed sucks....Eric Moulds is not getting single covered at all. Hell, there was times when Moulds was double or even triple covered. How do you expect to get the passing game going if Bledsoe has no one open and his dumpoff options can't hold onto the damn ball?

zone
09-24-2004, 07:23 PM
I agree.

Billsouth
09-24-2004, 10:09 PM
sorry guys that is not how it works. why do u think they had an alarm clock at practice? because it is the qbs job to get rid of the ball under 4 secs. if all of the receivers fall down the qb cannot just sit there for 10 min for them to get up. he must use some judgment and get rid of the ball. AFTERALL, 2nd and 10 is much better than 2nd and 25 (or worse yet a fumble and 1st and 10 the other way).

shotgun
09-25-2004, 05:20 AM
billsouth yes thay did have a clock in training camp but the wr are not gettng open do i need to call Ron Jorwaorski and have him break it down for u ????

gun

Drewpac
09-25-2004, 08:39 AM
billsouth yes thay did have a clock in training camp but the wr are not gettng open do i need to call Ron Jorwaorski and have him break it down for u ????

gun

The thing is, there are teams with far far crappier WRs than the Bills have and their QB isn't taking 7 sacks in a game. A QB needs to get rid of the ball. If that means throwing the ball 10 feet over the head of your receiver along the sidelines that is what you do. You see this all the time in the NFL.

Like they always say, "throw the ball where only your receiver has a chance to make a play". This means that a guy can be "covered", but that the QB still gives him a chance by maybe throwing it lower to the ground, or farther ahead or behind a receiver than usual. The problem is that Bledsoe never gives his receivers a chance to make a play. That's why he ends up going down 5 time during a game.

shotgun
09-25-2004, 04:46 PM
roger that drewpac your 100% right and this thread is over bump it

Voltron
09-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Drew is still patting the ball WAY too much. I was watching playbook on NFL network and they said he is doing a lot wrong but his FB and RB and line are missing too many blocks. His biggest problem is that he has no feel for the rush what so ever. When he gets hit he is never ready to get hit it seems until it is to late. He is a broken QB and I don't know there is anyway to fix him anymore. With out a line that is full of pro-bowlers he is next to useless. :shakeno:

The_Philster
09-25-2004, 05:05 PM
I was watching playbook on NFL network :sadwalk:

Voltron
09-25-2004, 05:23 PM
:sadwalk:
Glenn Parker is on playbook Phil :D

HenryRules
09-25-2004, 05:23 PM
Like they always say, "throw the ball where only your receiver has a chance to make a play". This means that a guy can be "covered", but that the QB still gives him a chance by maybe throwing it lower to the ground, or farther ahead or behind a receiver than usual. The problem is that Bledsoe never gives his receivers a chance to make a play. That's why he ends up going down 5 time during a game.

That's one thing I've noticed that has completely left our team since Flutie. Now, I don't think Flutie was/is the answer at QB, but one thing he did really well is just chuck the ball in the vicinity of Moulds every once in a while. Moulds is a good enough WR that for the majority of CB's, he's going to win the one-on-one battle and come up with the ball. It's the same thing the Vikes do with Randy Moss a lot of the time.

There are plent of receivers that can run good routes and get open, what separates Moulds from those guys is that he can make plays when he's not open, but we're not using him that way at all.

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2004, 05:37 PM
The fact that there are still people who keep making excuses for Drew's s**tty play never ceases to amaze me.

Last year it was...

The coaches.
The system.
The WR (Moulds hurt)

This year we got...

New coaches. (and even added one specifically for Drew in Wyche)
New system.
New WR. (healthy Moulds and Evans)

WTF else does he need? A tank? Yes the oline still sucks and is a big part of the problem. But even when Drew has time...I repeat....even when Drew has time....he still sucks. :sigh: