PDA

View Full Version : "The Bottom Line"

WG
11-09-2002, 11:10 AM
NBF's latest "The Bottom Line", "How Sunday's results, affect the Bills" is out and he asks the question which victory or combination of victories benefits the Bills the most this Sunday.

The relevant games are:

Miami @ the Jets

N.E. @ Chicago

K.C. @ S.F.

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=11&nid=2496

Thoughts?

BillsOwnAll
11-09-2002, 11:12 AM
YAH I thiknk we figured that out already but i hope kc gets really injuried up this week and im praying pats lose and miami needs to lose its hard to root for jets tho

Marcos20
11-09-2002, 11:42 AM
Jets, Chicago and KC really injured

WG
11-09-2002, 12:00 PM
Several people have said similar. But wouldn't you rather see us be able to beat teams at full strength and on the merits of outperformance considering that than simply beating up on backups?

I know I get a lot more excited when we beat up teams at full strength and not w/ a bunch of second-stringers in there. It's a more meaningful victory. I know that when I play sports I always like to play against the oppositions best players.

casdhf
11-09-2002, 12:27 PM
You don't get excited unless we lose :shakeno:

WG
11-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Yeah, that's right! I love it when we lose! I predicted 12-4 last year b/c I really wanted the Bills to be 0-16.

I was really excited when we lost to N.E. I tried to offer some N.E. fans good cash for their paraphernalia, but none were biting!

My loss!

I can't wait to get crushed by the Chiefs! That'll be grand!

Thanks for finally helping me come out of the closet cas!

Thank you! I owe you big time!

As a matter of fact, if we go 0-7 over our last 7, then I may double the amount of season tickets that I buy from 8 to 16. The only thing that I can hope for for Christmas is a Drew career-ending injury. That would really wrap up this season well for me.

;)

northernbillfan
11-09-2002, 12:45 PM
If Miami wins , they'll be 3-1 against the AFCE.

On the other hand, if the Jet's win, they could get on a roll. The better scenario would see Miami winning and us beating them in a few weeks.

KC will be the ugly game. If they win, they will be so cocky coming back home. However, if they lose, they will want redemption.

The bottom line: Regardless of what happens Sunday, the Bills better be ready for anything.

WG
11-09-2002, 12:46 PM
cas,

P.S. How on earth did you draw the connection from the beginning of this thread to that?

northernbillfan
11-09-2002, 12:54 PM
I didn't. I was just saying that Sunday's outcomes do have an implication to the Bills, but their fate is in their own hands.

DIHARD2
11-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Injuries are part of the game. If a top contender can't compete with their key players in the second string at some time in the season then they don't belong in the playoffs either.

I do not wish for any player to get hurt, but if they are nick up a little, which again is part of the game, then I don't feel like it was a false win. After all that is football.

If Buffalo was the dominating team on both sides of the ball, then yes I would rather see a win playing the top players of our opponent. Seeing that we aren't that way this year a win anyway we can get it is fine with me.

There have been many teams in the past that thanks to an easy schedule or injuries, have gotten into the playoffs or just ended up with a winning season and they never complained about a shallow win, so why should we. Each win gives the rookies all the more confidence in their ability, which will be good for next year.

Also don't forget every win makes the price we played for Bledsoe cheaper.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

casdhf
11-09-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Yeah, that's right! I love it when we lose! I predicted 12-4 last year b/c I really wanted the Bills to be 0-16.

I was really excited when we lost to N.E. I tried to offer some N.E. fans good cash for their paraphernalia, but none were biting!

My loss!

I can't wait to get crushed by the Chiefs! That'll be grand!

Thanks for finally helping me come out of the closet cas!

Thank you! I owe you big time!

As a matter of fact, if we go 0-7 over our last 7, then I may double the amount of season tickets that I buy from 8 to 16. The only thing that I can hope for for Christmas is a Drew career-ending injury. That would really wrap up this season well for me.

;)

Well, 90% of your posts come after a loss. You fell off the planet when we had that 3 game winning streak.

WG
11-09-2002, 01:27 PM
I think more the reality is that you must not be coming on after we win.

:)

WG
11-09-2002, 01:31 PM
DH,

I hear ya, but my point was that if all of our victories are against scrubs or teams that are all banged up, and they're all close games to boot, then it's less of an indicator of how good a team is than when it legitimately beats a team.

I mean look at what happens when teams have an easy route to get to the Super Bowl. They often get criticized as not belonging there. The Pats won last year vs. the Raiders on an officiating call. That's as big a part of the game as injuries. Yet that made many people, Bills fans in particular, criticize the win.

The counter to that is that it changed the outcome of the game. Well, so do injuries. No one can say that Miami has been the same team w/o Fiedler. So if Miami were to make the playoffs now on the merits of a good start to go 5-1 and yet only be 5-5 after that, wouldn't that have some meaning?

Just MO and some food for thought.

Dozerdog
11-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
;)

You predicted 12-4 after all the losses in the offseason last year?

:cocoo::coocoo:

mybills
11-09-2002, 03:28 PM
I want to see the Jets beat Miami, just to knock them down a notch. KC is going to be fired up coming into the Bills game, because I predict the 9ers will hand them their asses on a red & gold platter...they could end up trying too hard against us because of that, and losing, so we still have a chance. As for the NE/Bears game, I'm not sure NE has come off cloud 9 yet, so they may end up with a "dismissing" frame of mind and lose this one.

What I can't wait to see happen, is Miami losing the next 2 in a row...that would make me a pretty happy camper! :D

DIHARD2
11-09-2002, 03:32 PM
wys, the only reason the majority of those remarks that are made about New England, was due to the fact of all the inbreeds that came onto the board's after we got Bledsoe and started telling us how great they were and what is wrong with Bledsoe.

Majority of the intelligent New Englanders who talk and know football, know just as well as you and I do that New England deserved that shot.

I myself was screaming for New England to win and I was happy at that time that they did. Nowhere in my mind did I think at that time, that they didn't deserved to be there. Only after the invasion of the nonfootball inbreeds, from New England on the boards did that win, came into question or was marked with a **. We all know that in football, it's 90 percent ability, game planning and wanting, and 10 percent luck which can go either way.

The fact is their team is wearing the ring and they do have the trophy this year.

I can see where you're coming from, but I think you're over analyzing. You want a team that we don't have this year, and I don't know why you're so fearful on what this year is going to do to next year's team. Majority of the players who are rookies this year, which I believe we are the third youngest team in the league, are doing nothing but getting educated. We are not standing still, and every time the team plays in a game they are learning how to play together as a team.

Sometimes I get to a point were I can't even read any more of what you write because you're just beading a dead horse in many of your post and threads.

wys, before the season started I stated over and BB that I'm going to sit back and enjoy this ride because it's a lot better ride than I was on last year. At least this year I'm getting my money's worth and possibly if it keeps going the way it has a heart attack!

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

fabolouspaul
11-09-2002, 04:08 PM
Don't forget about the Rams-Chargers game! Hopefully the rams beat the Chargers. If the Chargers stumble, and we keep winning, we can take that wildcard spot from them OR that wildcard spot could be insurance just in case we dont win the division.