PDA

View Full Version : Just like Ive been saying, Bills, Bledsoe due for a fall....

WCoastFin
11-09-2002, 12:00 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fans_view/20021108.html

Gotta love this article and some of its quotes:

"Drew Bledsoe Curse -- and that the Bills better beware of it.

The Drew Bledsoe Curse is as follows: Bledsoe enlivens the fans and makes them believe their team is better than it really is. Bledsoe will start out on fire, and he will run up the score and play like an MVP against bad teams. Then, he will lead your team against good teams that can mount a pass rush and will begin to take sacks. And the more sacks he takes, the closer he gets to being injured."

:lol:

one of my favorite...and some true facts:

"The bottom line is that all of the hoopla surrounding this 5-4 Buffalo team is just that. Hoopla. Bills fans need to realize that Eric Moulds, Peerless Price and Jay Riemersma are all second-tier players. Against bad teams, they can rack up big-time yards, but when they face a balanced team, they revert back to the 2001 versions of themselves -- the versions that have about 56 catches and roughly 796 yards of offense per season."

" Great defenses lurk, including Miami, San Diego and Green Bay."

:evil: :evil: :evil:

German
11-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Here are the stats for this season:
http://www.buffalobills.com/games/statscenter.cfm?view=comparison

Those numbers are hardly the numbers of a team with a struggeling QB and second tier WR's.

How are the fins doing lately?:p:

casdhf
11-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Eric Moulds is a second-tier player?

WCoastFin
11-09-2002, 12:32 PM
When hes up against a good team, he plays like one.

colin
11-09-2002, 12:34 PM
Doesn't he own the scrub CBs in Mijami?

In 2000 & 1999 he rescued ducks all season to be a top WR, that is second tier?

lordofgun
11-09-2002, 12:45 PM
http://www.billszone.com/images/players/mouldseric/moulds004.jpg

If that's second tier, what tier are the Dolphins CBs?

German
11-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Against Denver: Eric Moulds 9-96, Peerless Price 5-87, Jay
Riemersma 4-44.

Against Oakland: Peerless Price 7-126, Eric Moulds 8-112, Josh Reed 3-59, Travis Henry 7-47, Larry Centers 2-30, David Moore 4-26, Jay Riemersma 1-17.

Against Miami: Eric Moulds 3-81, Larry Centers 5-51, Peerless
Price 4-25, Jay Riemersma 1-11 with Henry rushing for 132 yards.

And that against three of the better defenses in the league.

You'r smoking something WCF.

The_Philster
11-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Moulds....second tier? :rofl:

venis2k1
11-09-2002, 01:03 PM
Phhhhhhh moulds is a first team Pro Bowler this year according to the voting.

WCoastFin
11-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Wow! according to the popularity contest! that must really mean something!

harmonkoz
11-09-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
http://www.billszone.com/images/players/mouldseric/moulds004.jpg

If that's second tier, what tier are the Dolphins CBs?

I don't believe you ever answered log's question.

DIHARD2
11-09-2002, 01:17 PM
If I'm not mistaken when we played Miami, they were playing all of their first string defensive players. We had an injured big Mike I will take care of the right side the rest of you guys take care of the left side Williams, who couldn't play, so our second string outplayed your best defense. Also if I'm not mistaken Bledsoe had one of his best days. The only reason Miami was still in the game at the end was because of our port defense.

So until Miami defense can stop Bledsoe you don't have room to talk.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

WCoastFin
11-09-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by DIHARD2
If I'm not mistaken when we played Miami, they were playing all of their first string defensive players. We had an injured big Mike I will take care of the right side the rest of you guys take care of the left side Williams, who couldn't play, so our second string outplayed your best defense. Also if I'm not mistaken Bledsoe had one of his best days. The only reason Miami was still in the game at the end was because of our port defense.

So until Miami defense can stop Bledsoe you don't have room to talk.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

RLMAO!:chuckle: ...Even your fellow bill fans will disagree!....Bledsoe had one of his best days!? Pluh-ease! listen to yourself before blabbing your mouth off! think before you type! dont try to think and type at the same time, Its killing ya!......As far as Im concerned we stopped Bledsoe and it was HENRY setting you up for 3 FIELD GOALS (even he couldnt get in the endzone) ....the only reason Miami was still in the game wasnt becuz of your PORT (poor?) defense....they happen to score a TD thanks to a port QB!

Marcos20
11-09-2002, 01:55 PM
excuses, excuses, excuses ....

second-tier? .. LOL!!!!!!

AG75
11-09-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

"Drew Bledsoe Curse -- and that the Bills better beware of it.

The Drew Bledsoe Curse is as follows: Bledsoe enlivens the fans and makes them believe their team is better than it really is. Bledsoe will start out on fire, and he will run up the score and play like an MVP against bad teams. Then, he will lead your team against good teams that can mount a pass rush and will begin to take sacks. And the more sacks he takes, the closer he gets to being injured."

"The bottom line is that all of the hoopla surrounding this 5-4 Buffalo team is just that. Hoopla. Bills fans need to realize that Eric Moulds, Peerless Price and Jay Riemersma are all second-tier players. Against bad teams, they can rack up big-time yards, but when they face a balanced team, they revert back to the 2001 versions of themselves -- the versions that have about 56 catches and roughly 796 yards of offense per season."

" Great defenses lurk, including Miami, San Diego and Green Bay."

Oh please, whenever the Bills lose a game it will come to this, and Drew will be the brunt of it. Drew played very good games against The Raiders and Broncos(two of the so called good teams) but our defense unfortunately did not, so we lost.

How funny, I believe one of the great lurking defenses already failed against Buffalo, and I swear this guy who wrote this wrote this up a while ago and waited for a loss like the one to the Pats to print it.

AG75
11-09-2002, 03:18 PM

RLMAO!:chuckle: ...Even your fellow bill fans will disagree!....Bledsoe had one of his best days!? Pluh-ease! listen to yourself before blabbing your mouth off! think before you type! dont try to think and type at the same time, Its killing ya!......As far as Im concerned we stopped Bledsoe and it was HENRY setting you up for 3 FIELD GOALS (even he couldnt get in the endzone) ....the only reason Miami was still in the game wasnt becuz of your PORT (poor?) defense....they happen to score a TD thanks to a port QB!

It's not like Bledsoe "had" to have an outstanding day, our defense and Travis henry took care of that. It must have been so nice for Bledsoe to have a game where he could kick back and relax like that<g> I wish all the games we played could be like the miami game, awe hell..I wish we could play miami the rest of the season.

FWIW-Drew played a good, mistake free game that day and so what if he did not pass for 400+ yards, it's not like we were in a shootout with Miami.

RedEyE
11-09-2002, 03:27 PM

&quot;Drew Bledsoe Curse -- and that the Bills better beware of it.

The Drew Bledsoe Curse is as follows: Bledsoe enlivens the fans and makes them believe their team is better than it really is. Bledsoe will start out on fire, and he will run up the score and play like an MVP against bad teams. Then, he will lead your team against good teams that can mount a pass rush and will begin to take sacks. And the more sacks he takes, the closer he gets to being injured.&quot;

&quot;The bottom line is that all of the hoopla surrounding this 5-4 Buffalo team is just that. Hoopla. Bills fans need to realize that Eric Moulds, Peerless Price and Jay Riemersma are all second-tier players. Against bad teams, they can rack up big-time yards, but when they face a balanced team, they revert back to the 2001 versions of themselves -- the versions that have about 56 catches and roughly 796 yards of offense per season.&quot;

&quot; Great defenses lurk, including Miami, San Diego and Green Bay.&quot;

I think that as a Dolphins fan that you should be more concerned for your own team's welfare. Fiedler is no prize, the D is begining to wear thin from being on the field the majority of the time each game, and the Dophins haven't won a game since October 13th. A Jets loss places your precious team at 5-4 with 2 divisional losses.
:nana:

fabolouspaul
11-09-2002, 04:13 PM
Miami's offense

SABURZFAN
11-09-2002, 07:48 PM
it just wishful thinking on your part wheat toast.

:squish: