PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a lockout or work stoppage that

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-26-2004, 07:06 AM
either people were so happy for or don't give a crap about? It seems to me that this lockout is the biggest mistake ever. These guys better get their heads out of their butts and figure something out or they will lose the miniscule numbers they have. The NHL will soon be comprised of 10 teams from Canada and three from the US and will fight the Arena Football League for numbers.

The_Philster
09-26-2004, 08:55 AM
Well, there's the baseball lockout of 94...I was a bit bummed about it at first but got over it. :idunno:

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-26-2004, 07:17 PM
I still am not a fan of baseball the way I was before that strike. I just started getting back into it a couple of years ago.

The_Philster
09-26-2004, 07:19 PM
I was a Tigers fan before the lockout :ill:

Typ0
10-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Well, there's the baseball lockout of 94...I was a bit bummed about it at first but got over it. :idunno:

What a great example...it took years for baseball to recover from that and without changing the mound and the baseball McGuire would not have got the Home runs that began to bring back the fans...I think baseball sucks but that sport is much more deep rooted in the culture than hockey. These people are all idiots and everyone is losing a ton of money. It will be a miracle if teams like the Sabres can survive this...the NHL is in a sad state of affairs and there could be something amazing happening...the league could dissolve and the players could form their own league...wouldn't that be hillarious.

SabreEleven
10-04-2004, 12:29 AM
and when they get back, they better figure out how to get scoring back up and the excitement back in games.

Đ²
10-04-2004, 06:22 AM
the league could dissolve and the players could form their own league...wouldn't that be hillarious.

There is oppourtunity in apathy... :up:

Myers57
10-04-2004, 10:02 AM
If the players formed their own league it would never regain the status as a great league like the NHL had...

Đ²
10-04-2004, 10:06 AM
What status ? The league with the most bankruptcies ?

Sure, 15-20 years ago before they let all the shaky expansion teams from poor hockey markets in (this is what this lockout is all about...the owner's poor business sense and trying to make up for the owner's stupidity), it was a great league, but those times are long gone.