• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Kurt Warner

I'm really glad TD didn't try to get him during the offseason.
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Was it even a thought?

I'm happy for the guy. I don't want Eli to start.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

if TD would have gotten warner, we all would have blasted him!

This may just be a comeback story if it keeps going.

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

The guy's playing great right now, but the entire world felt he was done. For two season he looked a lot like Bledsoe does now. Deer in headlights. If people weren't happy with Drew, there's no way they would've wanted Warner. They looked like the same QB, Warner was even a little worse. Somehow he's snapped out of it, but it's all hindsight now.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
          The guy's playing great right now, but the entire world felt he was done.
          Not me. Check my old posts.

I was one of the few who kept saying he would prove the doubters wrong. We should have dumped Drew in the offseason and picked up Warner. Oh well.

Before anyone blows a gasket this is not a bash Bledsoe thread. Most all of us agree Drew needs to take a pay cut. Why not use Warner as real leverage to get him to do that. Bledsoe and Warner are basically the same QB. similar age similar style of play both have played poorly the last year and a half both of them

"The St. Louis Post-Dispatch speculates that Kurt Warner's days with the Rams could end on June 1. This happens following the signing of Chris Chandler, who provides depth at quarterback. The team could provide itself with cap relief by releasing Warner, who lost his starting spot to Marc Bulger during the 2003
          Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 09-26-2004, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
            Not me. Check my old posts.

I was one of the few who kept saying he would prove the doubters wrong. We should have dumped Drew in the offseason and picked up Warner. Oh well.

Before anyone blows a gasket this is not a bash Bledsoe thread. Most all of us agree Drew needs to take a pay cut. Why not use Warner as real leverage to get him to do that. Bledsoe and Warner are basically the same QB. similar age similar style of play both have played poorly the last year and a half both of them

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...ghlight=warner
            You really should watch tenis, you only seem to understand the one player who holds the ball in this game, so you should switch to one where there only is one player holding the ball.

Do you think Warner, who has a worse arm and is as sack prone as Bledsoe would do anything different on this Bills team? He gets hurt nearly as much as RJ did too, do you think he would be able to play on our team?

I think playing the sorry ass Browns and having a +3 turnover differential, along with a back that averaged almost 5 yards a carry might have been what decided this game.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
              Maybe?
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by colin
              You really should watch tenis, you only seem to understand the one player who holds the ball in this game, so you should switch to one where there only is one player holding the ball.

Do you think Warner, who has a worse arm and is as sack prone as Bledsoe would do anything different on this Bills team? He gets hurt nearly as much as RJ did too, do you think he would be able to play on our team?

I think playing the sorry ass Browns and having a +3 turnover differential, along with a back that averaged almost 5 yards a carry might have been what decided this game.
              You really should watch more football....alot more....since you don't seem to understand what the difference between a good QB and a crap QB is.

If you did know the difference, you would see how Warner made the throws he had to make, how he moved when he had to move, and how he fired up the team when he had to get them motivated....unlike Bledsoe.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TedMock
                The guy's playing great right now, but the entire world felt he was done. For two season he looked a lot like Bledsoe does now. Deer in headlights. If people weren't happy with Drew, there's no way they would've wanted Warner. They looked like the same QB, Warner was even a little worse. Somehow he's snapped out of it, but it's all hindsight now.
                For 4 preseason games too.....

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

You really should watch more football....alot more....since you don't seem to understand what the difference between a good QB and a crap QB is.

If you did know the difference, you would see how Warner made the throws he had to make, how he moved when he had to move, and how he fired up the team when he had to get them motivated....unlike Bledsoe.
                  Last year Bledsoe looked like a crappy $6 million QB

Last year Kurt Warner looked like a crappy $10 million QB. - With a good OL

And a hand that seemed like it would not heal after nearly 3 seasons

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                    Last year Bledsoe looked like a crappy $6 million QB

Last year Kurt Warner looked like a crappy $10 million QB. - With a good OL

And a hand that seemed like it would not heal after nearly 3 seasons
                    You just undermined your own argument. That's the point. Kurt had an excuse for his poor play. Did Drew have a hurt hand? No.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

What's my argument? You want to pay good money for a QB that stunk behind a good OL and a bum hand?

That makes zero sense.

Congrats that you thought he would pan out. After 2 games last year Bledsoe looked like Joe Montana. Let's see how long Warner keeps it up.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        What's my argument? You want to pay good money for a QB that stunk behind a good OL and a bum hand?

That makes zero sense.

Congrats that you thought he would pan out. After 2 games last year Bledsoe looked like Joe Montana. Let's see how long Warner keeps it up.
                        No, I'd rather pay good money for a QB that can't throw, make decisions or move.

That makes alot more sense.

Thanks for the congrats though. Amazingly I do get some things right now and then.

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

Tennis is calling, you can worship or hate the one guy who is on the TV at all times, so that way you don't have to understand other players, what their role is, and how a team works together.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

colin
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Boy this is as frustrating as a political discussion.

I don't think anyone here is saying that we are happy with the QB situation as is.

Kurt Warner, Tim Couch, or Jeff Garcia all can get run over with less than 2 seconds to throw.

What we are saying is Kurt Warner was probably the least attractive of any options out there.

Turns out TD was right in avoiding Couch- he couldn't hang on to a job they were willing to give away in Green Bay. (Backup QB) The Browns aren't lighting a fire in the league with Garcia.

Concentrate on what is really killing this team- an OL that is worse than we thought (and we didn't think it was all that great in the first place)

Comment

Working...
                              X