PDA

View Full Version : This really sucks

Sabre Ally
09-26-2004, 07:57 PM
My opponent in one of my leagues is obviously inactive. He's got Charles Rogers and Corey Dillon in his lineup this week. Unfortunately, he's also got Manning, Shaun Alexander, and Vanderjagt. I'm probably getting my butt kicked. :sad:

Sabre Ally
09-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Ugh, and I have Favre on the bench. I started Culpepper.

Charlieguide
09-26-2004, 09:09 PM
Ouch. It sure sucks to lose to an inactive team . . . there should be rules about that.

I'm on the opposite side of this issue; RRich is my opponent in BFZ3, and he could have started Onterrio Smith & Seattle, but instead left Curtis Martin and NE in. Thanks to 3 bye weeks, I'm behind by 5 points, but should even out the score tomorrow.
:nervous:

Sabre Ally
09-27-2004, 08:59 AM
It amazes me that people can't even check in once a week to take out their players who have byes. It only takes a few seconds.

Valerie
09-27-2004, 09:20 AM
I've been keeping up with my team! :smile: Although I benched Edgerrin James on the Colts. There was a little red "Q" by his name and he was still listed that way in the paper. I guess he ended up playing yesterday and he did better than Warrick Dunn, who I put in instead of him! It was a difference of 5.10 points! And, right now my team is losing 48.47 to 48.68. :mad: Talk about a squeaker! lol Thankfully my opponent is done for the week and I still have my Dallas defense tonight. :grovel:

Sabre Ally
09-27-2004, 09:25 AM
I've been keeping up with my team! :smile: Although I benched Edgerrin James on the Colts. There was a little red "Q" by his name and he was still listed that way in the paper. I guess he ended up playing yesterday and he did better than Warrick Dunn, who I put in instead of him! It was a difference of 5.10 points! And, right now my team is losing 48.47 to 48.68. :mad: Talk about a squeaker! lol Thankfully my opponent is done for the week and I still have my Dallas defense tonight. :grovel:

You'll be fine, then, unless your D puts up negative points somehow. I might have played Dunn instead, too, especially against AZ.

Valerie
09-27-2004, 09:42 AM
That's kinda what I thought. James was a "Q" and Dunn was a "P" and I didn't want to take a chance.

How could my defense get negative points? And what are waivers? I haven't done anything to my team, other than our trade. Should I be screwing with it? How many additional players can I pick up? And, if I pick up additional players, does that mean I have to dump players? I'm still very confused as to what I'm doing. lol Can you help me, Ally?

Charlieguide
09-27-2004, 11:46 AM
That's kinda what I thought. James was a "Q" and Dunn was a "P" and I didn't want to take a chance.

How could my defense get negative points? And what are waivers? I haven't done anything to my team, other than our trade. Should I be screwing with it? How many additional players can I pick up? And, if I pick up additional players, does that mean I have to dump players? I'm still very confused as to what I'm doing. lol Can you help me, Ally?

I sat James, too. There's no way to be sure what will happen; remember, if not for James' TD, he would have had a lousy week.

clumping platelets
09-28-2004, 12:38 AM
:lolpoint: Ally

Dozerdog
09-28-2004, 12:45 AM
I'm one of those guys who will scour the waiver wire for that last guy-

In 3 different leagues I (or me urging the wife ) picked up Stecker, Collins, Pittman, Carney, Warner (to cover a bye week) Atlanta's D (bye week pickup) Bill Schroeder......

Every time I make a roster change I set my team all the way through the bye weeks

1) to insure I haven't accidentally picked a team that all has a bye week at once

2) In case I'm hit by a bus

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 10:15 AM
Valerie, as soon as yahoo gets over the rut it's stuck in at the moment, I'll take a look at your team and see what I can help you with.

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 11:04 AM
Ok, Valerie....your team is pretty solid, and you don't necessarily have to make any changes right now, other than changing who is active in your lineup.

Kinney and Maddox are injured...you can keep them, just don't play them. Get Gates in that TE spot instead.

Actually, it might be a good idea to drop Boller and Maddox and pick up a different QB such as Warner or Br...oh wait, nevermind...I almost suggested Brunell, but I forgot he plays for the 'Skins. :rofl:

With the extra spot left you could pick up any one of several servicable WRs who are available, or one of Detroit's RBs (Pinner or Bryson) since Kevin Jones is out for 2-4 weeks.

But, like I said, you don't have to make any moves right now if you don't want to.

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Valerie, on second thought....

play your Dallas D, they should come up huge this week. Oh, and start Maddox instead of Brooks. Kinney will be ok, forget that Gates guy. Start Marty Booker instead of Hines Ward...the Phins will win this week. Just one more thing...Minnesota scores alot of points, so leave Morten Andersen as your kicker.

:ontome:

Valerie
09-28-2004, 11:55 AM
Ok, Valerie....your team is pretty solid, and you don't necessarily have to make any changes right now, other than changing who is active in your lineup.

Kinney and Maddox are injured...you can keep them, just don't play them. Get Gates in that TE spot instead.

Actually, it might be a good idea to drop Boller and Maddox and pick up a different QB such as Warner or Br...oh wait, nevermind...I almost suggested Brunell, but I forgot he plays for the 'Skins. :rofl:

With the extra spot left you could pick up any one of several servicable WRs who are available, or one of Detroit's RBs (Pinner or Bryson) since Kevin Jones is out for 2-4 weeks.

But, like I said, you don't have to make any moves right now if you don't want to.
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, Ally!!!! :buddies: :hi5: I wasn't really sure if I had a good team or not since I don't know a few of my players. And you're right, I would NEVER pick up a Skins player. I already hate the fact that I have their kicker, but what can you do. lol

Thanks for your help!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!

Valerie
09-28-2004, 11:57 AM
:rofl: Lemme guess, I play your team this week, huh?

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 12:10 PM
:rofl: Lemme guess, I play your team this week, huh?

:ontome:

maybe..... :D

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much, Ally!!!! :buddies: :hi5: I wasn't really sure if I had a good team or not since I don't know a few of my players. And you're right, I would NEVER pick up a Skins player. I already hate the fact that I have their kicker, but what can you do. lol

Thanks for your help!!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!
women talking football :hump: I'm so aroused!!

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 02:31 PM
women talking football :hump: I'm so aroused!!

Ya, as if it really takes much to arouse you anyway.

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 02:38 PM
Ya, as if it really takes much to arouse you anyway.
two guys talking about football does nothing for me...

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 02:47 PM
two guys talking about football does nothing for me...

I can say two words that will do it. :naughty:

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Oh man. i just realized I outscored everyone in that league this week EXCEPT the inactive loser that I was up against. :curse:

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 03:21 PM
I can say two words that will do it. :naughty:
:huh:

Sabre Ally
09-28-2004, 05:55 PM
:huh:

big and natural :snicker:

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 06:28 PM
big and natural :snicker:
natural or nothing...but big is always a plus...