X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

On the Steve Tasker show

McGee stated that the atmosphere in the locker room is that they are not 0-2. WTH?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ArcticWildMan

Jacksonville is turning out to be a legit contender and we played them tough. The Raiders game can be blamed on poor officiating. I'd guess the coaching staff has pointed all this out and has kept morale high.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      McGee stated that the atmosphere in the locker room is that they are not 0-2. WTH?
      That's good, IMO.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

If we are 0-3 and they are still having tea and crumpetts, I'm gonna be worried however.

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
          That's good, IMO.
          I disagree ... i don't think they should be satisfied at all with their performances in these 2 games. Yes, they were close and a couple of big plays here or there and we're 2-0, not 0-2. But, if we had won those two games the way we played, I'd have hoped that the coach wouldn't have let the team be pleased with those victories.

Most of the Pats have said they're not pleased with the way they've played (2-0), yet our 0-2 team seems to talk as if nothing is wrong and only some minor adjustments are needed - I think we're further away than that.

Personally, I'd much rather our coach said something like "We've played like absolute **** and almost won 2 games. let's take our head out our ass, play some good ball, and see what we can do". Instead of, well, a call here, a play there, and we're 2-0, so let's be happy.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Fact is we are 0-2. I don't think we can afford to be too complacent. Remember when no one thought we could beat the Pats we beat tem 31-0. When we thought we were the best team in the NFL we lost to the fins and went down hill from there. It's one thing to be confident when your 2-0 and not 0-2.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

Fact is we are 0-2. I don't think we can afford to be too complacent. Remember when no one thought we could beat the Pats we beat tem 31-0. When we thought we were the best team in the NFL we lost to the fins and went down hill from there. It's one thing to be confident when your 2-0 and not 0-2.
              I doubt they're too complacent. Just not falling apart at the seems. At least I hope...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                I doubt they're too complacent. Just not falling apart at the seems. At least I hope...
                let's hope you are right. We face the champs next. We need to win this division game that could make up for our 2 losses.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

let's hope you are right. We face the champs next. We need to win this division game that could make up for our 2 losses.
                  I hope so too!

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Cheifs are 0-3. I figure they don't feel the record is deserving either.

Comment

• Turf
                      • Jul 2002

What else do you expect the coaches to do or say? What would you do? Give it the most positive spin and hope for the best, otherwise you shouldn't be a coach.
                      They know they're 0-2.
                      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• HenryRules
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
                        What else do you expect the coaches to do or say? What would you do? Give it the most positive spin and hope for the best, otherwise you shouldn't be a coach.
                        They know they're 0-2.
                        I disagree ... there are a variety of options for a coach in this situation (I've already presented one alternative).

I don't think that a coach should let his players be happy with two poorly played losses, regardless of how close the score was and what could have happened with a couple of lucky bounces.

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

I'm sure hes letting them know aside from the press that he's not happy. This is nothing more than a media spin. Every player in that locker room is as pissed as you and me at this point.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                            • Aug 2004

drug test him now!
                            http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
                              drug test him now!

Comment

Working...
                              X