PDA

View Full Version : What's the toughest division?

HenryRules
09-26-2004, 10:32 PM
RedEye had a post in another thread about the NFC South being weak and it got me thinking, which is the toughest division in the NFL?

I definitely don't think it's the NFC South, although I think it's a pretty good division (they're not the AFC North or the NFC West).

I'd have to say my choice for toughest is the AFC South. The Titans are gonna be good for 10 wins or so. Indy is always good for at least that amount as well. Jax is probably gonna be a .500 team (I don't think much more, but I don't think much less), and Houston isn't bad for the weak sister.

Up until this year, I've probably said the AFC East is the toughest for about the last 5-10 years.

ReedToReed
09-26-2004, 10:35 PM
I don't want to speak too soon, but I think this is the year the Titans are finally overrated. I'm still having trouble taking the Jags seriously, because, what, they've scored 35 points in three games?

I'd go with the NFC South, just because there are three teams that can beat any team in any given week. And also Tampa Bay.

RedEyE
09-26-2004, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't say I said they were the weakest division in the league, they're just not near the top of the league by any means.

Carolina would probably be the strongest team in that division, but without Stephen Davis and Steve Smith, you have to wonder how they plan on overcoming adversity.

New Oreleans is just Hot/Cold. One day they look like Super Bowl contenders, the next they look like toilet bowl contenders.

Tampa just scored their first offensive TD of the season tonight. That team just isn't getting any better and should end up last in the division.

Falcons currently seem like they might have it going on, but if you analyze them thoroughly, I think that you'll find they're just about the opposite. They squeaked out games against San Fran and Arizona, but did post a seemingly good game against the Rams. Truthfully, the Falcons defense should get more credit for these wins then the offense. I feel as if they'll begin to crumble by the end of October.

What would I consider to be the weakest division in the league?

Probably the NFC West. Although Seattle will be strong playoff contenders this season.

Icer
09-27-2004, 12:47 AM
AFC South has 3 teams I would put serious thought into making the playoffs this year, I cant say that for any other division in the league.

It's scary when you think the Texans are also a team on the rise and have a good foundation.

Fat Tony
09-27-2004, 01:04 AM
My Ranking - and this is based on what the teams have done so far this season

NFC South---Brutal line up- when the SB champ of 2002 is the weakest sister...
AFC South---Texans and Jags have stepped up big time
NFC North---Lions, Vikes vastly improved- Pack is same old Pack
AFC West-- Raiders are back, Den and KC still tough
NFC East- Eagles great, Skins & Cowboys decent- Giants have a way to go yet
AFC East---Miami is terrible, Bills not far behind, Pats are 17-0, Jets suprising
NFC West---Seattle is a top 5 team, Rams are still alive, SF and AZ are terrible
AFC North--- Ravens are going to win it at 9-7- Nuff said

G. Host
09-27-2004, 09:43 AM
My Ranking - and this is based on what the teams have done so far this season

AFC North--- Ravens are going to win it at 9-7- Nuff said

What are the odds you are giving of Ravens not going 9-7? Since you saying it like an absolute, it should be a longshot with pretty good odds.