PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mularkey , Evans and the rest of the O

justasportsfan
09-27-2004, 08:38 AM
RECEIVING
REC YDS TD LG
Roy Williams 9 135 2 29

This rookie has 4 tds so far.

Granted that Evans is not as talented as Williams, you would think having Reed and Moulds would ease things for Evans. Mularkey better start picking things up on the O side soon. I'm getting impatient watching rookies light it up and our so called weapons keeps missfiring.

Pride
09-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Agreed!

I think the pendulum swayed too far back the other way after Gilbride.

You still need to take shots downfield... Hell, even the Patriots dink and dunk O does that!

G. Host
09-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Did you see some of the defenses he faced? Packers Pass defence pretty pathetic. It is not just the offense that matters but the defenses which they face,

justasportsfan
09-27-2004, 09:39 AM
Did you see some of the defenses he faced? Packers Pass defence pretty pathetic. It is not just the offense that matters but the defenses which they face, Does it matter? He's a rookie who's performing better than our Moulds. I believe Mularkey is better than what we've seen. Honeymoon is over. He needs to get it going now or make changes even if means benching Drew if he indeed is the problem why his "creative O" isn't working. I mean cmon, Kordell? Maddox?

Pride
09-27-2004, 09:41 AM
I am willing to chalk week 1 and 2 up to a rookie head coach. Now he has a bye week and a home game that means alot to the players and fans. If he can rebound with either a win or even a close, well faught game this weekend... I think we will see alot of positives and growth by our Head Coach.

justasportsfan
09-27-2004, 09:48 AM
I am willing to chalk week 1 and 2 up to a rookie head coach. Now he has a bye week and a home game that means alot to the players and fans. If he can rebound with either a win or even a close, well faught game this weekend... I think we will see alot of positives and growth by our Head Coach.
I agree Mularkey will be a great HC. It starts against the Pats. No more free "rookie" passes from now on. Considering with what the Giants have to work with talent wise, Coughlin is getting the best from the so-called washed up qb in Warner and is scoring more points than we are and so is Rookie HC Lovie Smith.

Hell, even the cards scored more pts. than us in the 1st 2 games.

Dozerdog
09-27-2004, 09:50 AM
Detroit also lost their #1 guy.

But I agree- what they need to do is have a few plays with max protection - (Keep in a blocking TE and a FB for blitz pickup) and send Moulds and Evans downfield.

justasportsfan
09-27-2004, 09:53 AM
Detroit also lost their #1 guy.

But I agree- what they need to do is have a few plays with max protection - (Keep in a blocking TE and a FB for blitz pickup) and send Moulds and Evans downfield.Reed up the middle :up: We know Bellichick will try to confuse Drew with different defensive looks in the hope of luring him into a trap and committing a mistake and screw his rythm since he's a type of qb who needs to get into a rythm.

G. Host
09-27-2004, 09:54 AM
Bills ought to see if Sam Gash is healthy; Bledsoe needs someone capible of blitz pickup and current FBs are barely bumps on the turf.

lunatic_bills_fan
09-27-2004, 10:19 AM
Bills ought to see if Sam Gash is healthy; Bledsoe needs someone capible of blitz pickup and current FBs are barely bumps on the turf.

We have someone who can pick-up the blitz. However MM seems to think he is better suited on the bench. Willis is big and strong, and excellent at picking up blitzers.

Mr. Cynical
09-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Does it matter? He's a rookie who's performing better than our Moulds. I believe Mularkey is better than what we've seen. Honeymoon is over. He needs to get it going now or make changes even if means benching Drew if he indeed is the problem why his "creative O" isn't working. I mean cmon, Kordell? Maddox?Agreed. And think about this fun fact:

Bills under Gilbride '03: avg 15 pts per game.
Bills under Clements '04: avg 10 pts per game.

...and the starters are 99% the same,

Cliff Klaven
09-27-2004, 11:58 AM
Agreed. And think about this fun fact:

Bills under Gilbride '03: avg 15 pts per game.
Bills under Clements '04: avg 10 pts per game.

...and the starters are 99% the same,
Meanwhile Charlie Weis has Tom Brady playing like a Hall of Famer! Stuff that in our Boston Baked Beans!

Mr. Miyagi
09-27-2004, 12:04 PM
I agree Mularkey will be a great HC.
He reminds me of Minnesota's Mike Tice. :up:

Ickybaluky
09-27-2004, 12:54 PM
Did you see some of the defenses he faced? Packers Pass defence pretty pathetic.

Williams hasn't played against the Packers. He played Houston, Philadelphia and Chicago.

G. Host
09-27-2004, 01:38 PM
We have someone who can pick-up the blitz. However MM seems to think he is better suited on the bench. Willis is big and strong, and excellent at picking up blitzers.
I'll believe it when I see him do it in NFL. Lots of people can pick up blitzers in college and training camp.

G. Host
09-27-2004, 01:58 PM
Did you see some of the defenses he faced? Packers Pass defence pretty pathetic.

Williams hasn't played against the Packers. He played Houston, Philadelphia and Chicago.

Oops, my mistake. I thought they played a division game against Chicago and Packers.