PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football

Valerie
09-27-2004, 09:34 AM
I can't wait for tonight's game! All weekend that's all anyone down here could talk about. And that's all anyone is talking about today. Skins flags are flying and people are totally pumped! I guess Fed Ex Field holds 96,000 people and everyone is being told to get there at least 2 hours before kick off. This is going to be a real nail biter. :nervous: The halftime show will be Tim McGraw! I hope they televise it and not cut away to stupid Madden yapping or stuffing his face.

So, who is everyone rooting for tonight?

G. Host
09-27-2004, 09:37 AM
The Zebras and the Medical staffs! :snicker:

Dozerdog
09-27-2004, 10:19 AM
96,000?

justasportsfan
09-27-2004, 10:21 AM
watch Greg Williams' D murder Vinny.

Sabre Ally
09-27-2004, 10:22 AM
Go 'Boys! I need fantasy points out of Vinny...as long as he doesn't throw to Witten. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
09-27-2004, 10:28 AM
96,000?

Yeah, I thought that too. I think maybe you are dyslexic Val. :; Maybe it is 69,000?

OpIv37
09-27-2004, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I thought that too. I think maybe you are dyslexic Val. :; Maybe it is 69,000?

No- she's right. It seats 96,000- that's how many attended the VT-USC Kickoff Classic last month.

Valerie
09-27-2004, 11:11 AM
:tongue: To all of you who doubted me!

No- she's right. It seats 96,000- that's how many attended the VT-USC Kickoff Classic last month.
Thanks, OpIv! :buddies: Fed Ex Field is one of the biggest stadiums in the NFL. There are a lot of very screwed up people down here rooting for the Skins. lol :crazy:

BAM
09-27-2004, 11:14 AM
96,000 is correct. 80,000 "regular" seats and 15,000 club level + 248 luxury suites. Largest stadium in the NFL.

chernobylwraiths
09-27-2004, 11:33 AM
:tongue: To all of you who doubted me!

Thanks, OpIv! :buddies: Fed Ex Field is one of the biggest stadiums in the NFL. There are a lot of very screwed up people down here rooting for the Skins. lol :crazy:

Ooops, sorry. I never heard that. No wonder Snyder has so much money.

BAM
09-27-2004, 11:35 AM
BTW, GO COWBOYS!

Valerie
09-27-2004, 11:42 AM
BTW, GO COWBOYS!
:hi5: You know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO COWBOYS!!!!! :clap: :grovel:

Chernobyl, yeah, Danny has a boatload of money. And, Skins tickets are one of the most expensive in the NFL too. He RAKES in the dough! And, I think he was the one who passed a law that you canno longer eat shelled peanuts in the stadium. He didn't want to pay to clean up all the shells. lol Like he can't afford it or something.

BAM
09-27-2004, 11:44 AM
I think he was the one who passed a law that you canno longer eat shelled peanuts in the stadium.

that's ridiculous.

Mr. Cynical
09-27-2004, 11:45 AM
The conundrum of fantasy football. I hate the Cowboys but I need Lee to score 4 pts. So, I'm rooting for Dallas. :;

Cliff Klaven
09-27-2004, 11:48 AM
The concept of Monday Night Football actually dates back to the ancient Mesopotamians. It was a party thrown by the guys who built the ziggarauts. Somebody brought beer and the rest is history.

Valerie
09-27-2004, 11:53 AM
that's ridiculous.
I swear. I remember hearing something about that a year or two ago. Don't forget, Danny was also the SOB who charged people money to go to Skins training camp. And, he charged EVERYONE, adults and kids, plus parking! He's an ass!

The conundrum of fantasy football. I hate the Cowboys but I need Lee to score 4 pts. So, I'm rooting for Dallas. :;
Whatever your reasons are, at least you'll be cheering for the right team!!!!!! :clap:

BAM
09-27-2004, 11:54 AM
OH I believe you. I just think it's totally ridiculous.

Cliff Klaven
09-27-2004, 11:57 AM
I swear. I remember hearing something about that a year or two ago. Don't forget, Danny was also the SOB who charged people money to go to Skins training camp.

All I know is that Snyder makes some incredible chips. They go very well with beer. Anybody seen Woody? I need a refill.

OpIv37
09-27-2004, 12:28 PM
I swear. I remember hearing something about that a year or two ago. Don't forget, Danny was also the SOB who charged people money to go to Skins training camp. And, he charged EVERYONE, adults and kids, plus parking! He's an ass!

Whatever your reasons are, at least you'll be cheering for the right team!!!!!! :clap:

Remember last year when they banned people attending Redskins games from parking in the nearby shopping plazas (that are mostly closed on Sundays)? they tried to pass it off as a safety issue but the reality is that Danny was losing $25/car on parking, so he found a way to force them closer to the stadium.

Valerie
09-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Remember last year when they banned people attending Redskins games from parking in the nearby shopping plazas (that are mostly closed on Sundays)? they tried to pass it off as a safety issue but the reality is that Danny was losing $25/car on parking, so he found a way to force them closer to the stadium.
Yes I do. Once again, Danny is ripping off the fans of the Skins. I swear, if I didn't already hate them, Danny would MAKE me hate them. Everything he does is about money. I think the Skins are the most expensive team to go and see play live at home.

OpIv37
09-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Yes I do. Once again, Danny is ripping off the fans of the Skins. I swear, if I didn't already hate them, Danny would MAKE me hate them. Everything he does is about money. I think the Skins are the most expensive team to go and see play live at home.

Don't worry- they're about to enter 2-3 years of salary cap HELL and no one will be going to see the games. There's no loyalty in Redskins fans- he'll be losing money like crazy.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-27-2004, 12:52 PM
I hate both teams and will be looking elsewhere for my Monday night entertainment.

chernobylwraiths
09-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Don't worry- they're about to enter 2-3 years of salary cap HELL and no one will be going to see the games. There's no loyalty in Redskins fans- he'll be losing money like crazy.

They will ALWAYS have people to go to games.

OpIv37
09-27-2004, 01:21 PM
They will ALWAYS have people to go to games.

Not 96,000 though....people won't pay for the most expensive seats in the NFL (plus parking, concessions, etc) when the team sucks. They'll probably fill most of the stadium, but I don't think they'll be able to count on this level of excitement when they're 1-15.

mybills
09-27-2004, 01:30 PM
I'm rooting for the Skins because my mom-in-law likes them..and since I never root for her favorite team..the Pats..I figure I'll be nice! :biggrin:

G. Host
09-27-2004, 01:32 PM
:hi5: You know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO COWBOYS!!!!! :clap: :grovel:

Chernobyl, yeah, Danny has a boatload of money. And, Skins tickets are one of the most expensive in the NFL too. He RAKES in the dough! And, I think he was the one who passed a law that you canno longer eat shelled peanuts in the stadium. He didn't want to pay to clean up all the shells. lol Like he can't afford it or something.

They also got police in their pocket; you can not walk or be dropped off at stadium for "security" reasons - you need to either pay for parking ($$$$) or shuttle ($$$) to stadium forcing you to use metro ($$) or walk from a cheaper lot to shuttle lot.

Valerie
09-27-2004, 01:42 PM
They also got police in their pocket; you can not walk or be dropped off at stadium for "security" reasons - you need to either pay for parking ($$$$) or shuttle ($$$) to stadium forcing you to use metro ($$) or walk from a cheaper lot to shuttle lot.
Did they ever resolve that whole walking on the main drag to get to the stadium issue? Last I heard it was back in court. Are you telling me they upheld the decision banning people from walking to the stadium?

Valerie
09-27-2004, 01:43 PM
I'm rooting for the Skins because my mom-in-law likes them..and since I never root for her favorite team..the Pats..I figure I'll be nice! :biggrin:
Oh, mybills. :shakeno: You're gonna make me cry. lol

G. Host
09-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Did they ever resolve that whole walking on the main drag to get to the stadium issue? Last I heard it was back in court. Are you telling me they upheld the decision banning people from walking to the stadium?
They upheld the ban. I heard on radio they gave a ticket to someone dropping a fan at stadium as well. They might be still appealing it though.

justasportsfan
09-27-2004, 02:13 PM
I never root for her favorite team..the Pats..
Ask any judge , those are grounds for divorce and annulment as far as the Catholic Church is concerned .