• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Let's play a little game

...tells you that as of 3PM EST today you are representing him as the owner from this day forward and can do anything you want. His only request is that you turn the team around ASAP.

What are the first 5 things you do?

I realize there will be a ton of jokes to follow....some good ones too I'm sure....but let's try to be serious as well. I'm very interested to see what some people would do as the new owner rep of the Bills.
  • Dr. Optimist, SB
    Veteran Zoner
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
    ...tells you that as of 3PM EST today you are representing him as the owner from this day forward and can do anything you want. His only request is that you turn the team around ASAP.

What are the first 5 things you do?

I realize there will be a ton of jokes to follow....some good ones too I'm sure....but let's try to be serious as well. I'm very interested to see what some people would do as the new owner rep of the Bills.
    Id hire you as President and GM.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

I would sue the pants off of Bills Report to get them to stop publishing drivel.

I would can the white uni's

I would hire Ron Wolfe no matter how much money that would cost. TD would report to him or be gone.

I would hire massive security to disperse the Pinto ceremonies.

I would hire Jimmy Johnson, no matter how much money it would take.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

And I would fire all of the Jills and hire all of the Eagles cheerleaders, no matter how much money they would cost.

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

1. Hire the best darn Estate Attorney in the country to devise an estate plan that would allow me to leave the team to my heirs, whereas they aren't overwhelmed by taxes resulting in a sale and relocation.

2. Buy an Island outside of Aruba. I love the caribbean and they're not in the hurricane belt.

3. Sit on my couch all day with a cooler of beer next to me and one hand down my pants.....because I can.

4. Discipline and accountability in practice. Although we've played horribly as a team in the first two games, we were still in them. A few mental errors hear and there changed the scope. Not getting rid of the ball, a hold, a drop, etc. Instill fines, team runs, etc. for every mental mistake. No more "dumbassing" our way out of a win.

5. Pull off a controversial trade for as many draft picks possible. You win and lose in the trenches, so if that means we downgrade (depends on who you ask) in other areas....so be it. Maybe start a young QB next year, but draft the heck out of lineman.

Would anybody else be willing to give up a Henry, Moulds, Bledsoe, or all for stud lineman on both sides of the ball, and a lot of draft picks? NE's won 2 superbowls in 3 years while watching a young, average QB grow into a legitimate star, 3 mediocre WR's, a medicore RB, and great lineman on both sides of the ball.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
            I would sue the pants off of Bills Report to get

LMAO
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

1. I’d put some sinks that actually work in the bathroom. Nothing worse than standing in there for 15 minutes waving in front of that sensor.

2. I’d call Wys to find out what he would do

3. I’d do exactly opposite of what Wys told me to do!

4. I’d start paying the Jills and I’d do the hiring. Entire old staff needs to re-apply

5. Huge party in the Owners box with all my peeps and my new GF who I met at the Jills try-outs.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

1. cut bledsoe.

2. trade mcgahee

3. use every draft pick on centers, guards, and tackles.

4. institute a birthday suit game where the cheerleaders could only wear that.

5. cut drew bledsoe.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  1. cut bledsoe.

2. trade mcgahee

5. cut drew bledsoe.
                  who would you replace him with? And be realistic- someone we could actually afford, no one who's injured (Losman)
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    who would you replace him with? And be realistic- someone we could actually afford, no one who's injured (Losman)
                    Oh no, not this again.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                      I would sue the pants off of Bills Report to get them to stop publishing drivel.

I would can the white uni's

I would hire Ron Wolfe no matter how much money that would cost. TD would report to him or be gone.

I would hire Jimmy Johnson, no matter how much money it would take.
                      These are all actually pretty good ones (although not sure if the Pinto security was a joke or not)

Those white unis are awful, and so are the blue pants (how many friggin stripes do you need....gees). Dump them.

On a more serious note...

TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE.

17-33 and falling (5 game losing streak), no playoffs since '99, means we need an overhaul.
                      1. As much as I hate Jimmuh, and as much as I always promote having character on the team, I'm at that point where I would take him. There's little doubt he could turn things around here. Nothing against MM...it is still early and he could pan out. But given the choice between he and JJ...well there is no choice. Dump MM.
                      2. Ron Wolfe would be a good idea as well, although TD would never adapt to it. He is too much of a control freak (see Pittsburgh) Hence, get Wolfe and let him decide who to get. Dump TD.
                      3. Start Matthews until JP is healthy and then start him. No need to continue demoralizing this team. Drew has lost his confidence and they in him. Time to start the healing. Dump Drew.
                      4. Start serious negotations on obtaining some new oline players via some trades, e.g., Henry. There's not much we can do this year unfortunately, but I would at least begin talks for next year. As for who to keep, I would dump as many as I could replace with FA and the draft. Time to start the healing. Dump the oline.
                      5. Defensively I would get a real FS in there since we're getting burned to a crisp. Rest of the D should be okay when the offense actually plays beyond the high school level.
                      Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 09-27-2004, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

1. cut bledsoe.

2. trade mcgahee

5. cut drew bledsoe.

(altho I would replace #2 with TH....I just see alot more upside with WM)

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                          The Stoner Zoner
                          • Feb 2003

I would put Drew Bledsoe in for kick returns and punt returns for the rest of the season as punishment for sucking so bad. This season is a lost cause already

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            i was assuming i was taking over next year..

i wouldnt cut bledsoe this year.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

i was assuming i was taking over next year..

i wouldnt cut bledsoe this year.
                              The game is you would be taking over as of today...even so, I still think you have the right idea w/ Drew.

I wonder if there is any money to be saved by dumping him now? As the new owner, I would definitely be interested in knowing that.

Comment

Working...
                              X