PDA

View Full Version : Bills @ Ravens Tailgate Information

R. Rich
09-27-2004, 02:10 PM
This was also posted over at Two Bills Drive.

Okay, here's the deal folks.

DATE, TIME, PLACE

The tailgate will be Sunday, October 24th, 2004 at Sliders Bar and Grille (http://www.thenightlifesite.com/nonframe/SelctBar.asp?SelctBarID=157), which is located at 504 Washington Blvd in Baltimore. It's across the street from Oriole Park at Camden Yards and just about a block or so away from M&T Bank Stadium.

The tailgate will begin at 10:00am and will last until about 1:30pm. Those who plan on staying at Sliders to watch the game are more than welcome to stay beyond 1:30pm.

COST

The cost for the buffet will be $10.00 per person.

MENU

Here's the menu (all included in the $10.00 fee):
Burgers
Chicken Tenders
Chili
Potato salad
Cheese and vegetable platter
Chips
Pretzels
Sodas
and, oh yeah...
WINGS!!

DRINK SPECIALS

In addition, there will be drink specials (not included with the $10.00 fee):
2 for 1 beers (Yuengling and Miller Lite)
2 for 1 rail drinks (rum, gin, and vodka, which should make my wife very happy!)

I've been told that Miller Lite will also be doing a giveaway from the tailgate (keychains, T shirts, etc.). We have decided not to have a live band there, but there may be an individual performer for the outside like last year.

Hope to see you all on October 24th at Sliders!

Photos From Last Year's Preseason Game Tailgate (http://www.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=8664503/t_=7304534)

Snapfish email address: RRich@GoBills.net
Password (all CAPS): BUFPIX87

Pride
09-27-2004, 02:52 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I am in!!!

Valerie
09-27-2004, 02:55 PM
Cool. I think I'm in too.

G. Host
09-27-2004, 03:55 PM
This was also posted over at Two Bills Drive.

Hope to see you all on October 24th at Sliders!

[PayPal email information: RRich@GoBills.net]

Do the people from TwoBillsDrive have to come? :peace:

Right now I go to new location Thursday and probably fly to Denver next week. I am TRYING to convince them to fly me back before I go to California but they have not said "yes" yet (they haven't said no yet either). Since training starts Monday after opener that would mean flying in and out cross-country but I am *TRYING*.

BAM
09-27-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm down. :dance: :smoke:

Iehoshua
09-27-2004, 06:40 PM
The Darth looks forward to it!

BAM
09-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Sweet man! Can you talk in the third person at the tailgate too? :pray: :snicker:

:jk:

Iehoshua
09-27-2004, 09:56 PM
Sweet man! Can you talk in the third person at the tailgate too? :pray: :snicker:

:jk:
:snicker:
That may be pushing it. I'd come across prematurely :boozer:

R. Rich
09-28-2004, 08:43 AM
Do the people from TwoBillsDrive have to come? :peace:

Right now I go to new location Thursday and probably fly to Denver next week. I am TRYING to convince them to fly me back before I go to California but they have not said "yes" yet (they haven't said no yet either). Since training starts Monday after opener that would mean flying in and out cross-country but I am *TRYING*.

Only the good ones from TBD will be there.....................we hope.

I got your PM. That's great if you are able to make it there. Tell Cecilia I said you're going and that's final!

G. Host
09-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Looks like going is a possibility. I fly to Denver to work next week but my boss seems to think it is OK for me to come home before I fly to Long Beach for training from October 25 thru December 17. I am no longer going to be in 'holding cell' I am and able to do some real work but it will mean very little Zone time during the day.

So light rail runs from stadium to BWI right? How long will it take? How busy will it be after a blowout of the Ravens? Is it too much to expect to be able to carry bags needed four weeks away from Sliders to station and fly after drinking a lot of Guiness?

chernobylwraiths
09-28-2004, 10:26 AM
Looks like going is a possibility. I fly to Denver to work next week but my boss seems to think it is OK for me to come home before I fly to Long Beach for training from October 25 thru December 17. I am no longer going to be in 'holding cell' I am and able to do some real work but it will mean very little Zone time during the day.

So light rail runs from stadium to BWI right? How long will it take? How busy will it be after a blowout of the Ravens? Is it too much to expect to be able to carry bags needed four weeks away from Sliders to station and fly after drinking a lot of Guiness?

Wouldn't the station have lockers that you could store your bags in until you leave?

G. Host
09-28-2004, 10:47 AM
No idea. I am hoping*IF* I fly in Sunday morning for tailgate I can check my bags in for evening fligh, get my bordering pass and then go to tailgate before going back to airport for flight out. But I am not sure I am flying in (I may not go to Buffalo Saturday) and with new regulations I do not know if I can check bags in Sunday morning for PM flight.

Voltron
09-28-2004, 01:55 PM
I was supposed to go down with Mikey, Helmet and Phil but for monetary reasons I just can't do it. Sorry guys :(

The_Philster
09-28-2004, 06:18 PM
:sadwalk:

I'm still keeping an eye on eBay for tix..they've started to come down but can only get them in 2s

R. Rich
09-29-2004, 04:03 PM
There's been a lot of people saying they may just come up for the tailgate and watch the game at Sliders. That's always an option for some. Even though I live here, I'll still get tickets and go to the game. I can see where people coming from far away probably would want to go also, but there will be a few who live a short or fairly reasonable drive away who won't mind watching the game on TV.

Michael82
09-29-2004, 04:06 PM

I'm still keeping an eye on eBay for tix..they've started to come down but can only get them in 2s

Is helmet still going? Or didn't his new job stop that? :scratch:

The_Philster
09-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Is helmet still going? Or didn't his new job stop that? :scratch:
He's still planning on it

Jeff1220
09-29-2004, 08:40 PM
I'll be down there, but I'm not sure if I'll be making it to Slider's - I might just slide in for a beverage or two. One of my buddies who is an exec. for TekSystems is trying to get a couple of tix in their box for us! :bow:
I'm praying he comes through for me. :pray:

BAM
09-29-2004, 08:42 PM
Cool man. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you. :beers:

kardshark19
09-29-2004, 09:13 PM
My bro and I will be there for the tailgate. Still looking for tickets where we can actually see whats going on yet not pay an arm and a leg. We may just watch the game at sliders.

helmetguy
09-30-2004, 05:23 AM
I'm still planning on it, Mikey.

Valerie
09-30-2004, 09:24 AM
I was supposed to go down with Mikey, Helmet and Phil but for monetary reasons I just can't do it. Sorry guys :(
Come on, Voltron! You HAVE To come!!!! We can go to the aquarium!!!! It's aas much fun as the Buffalo zoo. Just put a few extra dollars away each paycheck. You only need $10 to eat on Sunday and beer is cheap. Come on!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grovel:

Voltron
09-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Come on, Voltron! You HAVE To come!!!! We can go to the aquarium!!!! It's aas much fun as the Buffalo zoo. Just put a few extra dollars away each paycheck. You only need $10 to eat on Sunday and beer is cheap. Come on!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grovel:
Sorry Val. I just can't. It looks like I may be in Charlotte until Friday evening of that weekend for work and I am trying to save up so I can get a new bed. The one I have is a POS that was given to me (lost my bed in the fire and have not been able to replace it yet) and my back is paying the price. :(

R. Rich
09-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Too bad we won't see you there, Barry. I understand about the bed issue though. Still, it could be worse.

I sleep on a FULL sized bed!

Valerie
09-30-2004, 10:25 AM
I'm bummed, Voltron. :sadwalk: We had so much fun together at the zoo.

Voltron
09-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Me too Val :( ... I also had a fun time at the zoo and the game. We will get together again at some point I am sure :)

Michael82
09-30-2004, 12:52 PM

I can solve this problem by not going. :up:

Voltron
09-30-2004, 12:54 PM
Too bad we won't see you there, Barry. I understand about the bed issue though. Still, it could be worse.

I sleep on a FULL sized bed!
you and your wife together in a full size? :eek:

I sleep in a full size by myself and can't deal with how small it is! I couldn't imagine having to share it! (well I can imagine but when I imagine sharing it I am not tring to sleep :naughty: )

The_Philster
09-30-2004, 06:33 PM
I can solve this problem by not going. :up:
I thought you wanted to go? Are you just afraid of getting involved in a helmetguy-Philster road trip? :D

Michael82
09-30-2004, 08:30 PM
I thought you wanted to go? Are you just afraid of getting involved in a helmetguy-Philster road trip? :D
No, I really want to go and already took off for work, but we gotta get 3 tickets together. :mad: :sadwalk:

R. Rich
10-04-2004, 04:26 PM
So far, we have 10 who have paid. We need to be able to give Sliders a deposit soon, so those who still plan to come will need to pay their fees soon.

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 06:34 PM
As it stands there will be 4 of us together. Mikey, helmetguy, the Pinto Guy, and I are getting 4 tix together :up:
But Mikey's gonna have to do his shots or he sleeps in the bathtub :snicker:

The_Philster
10-04-2004, 06:35 PM
BTW, Rich...is Sliders using Wys sauce on the wings? :hungry: :pray:

R. Rich
10-04-2004, 08:53 PM
BTW, Rich...is Sliders using Wys sauce on the wings? :hungry: :pray:

Probably not. Mark has said he's going to be involved in something else that day. Unless they want to buy the sauce from him (they were supposed to distribute it, but I believe there was a change in management/ownership), that is.

If you are going, please send your party fee ASAP, so I can pay the deposit. Thanks.

Michael82
10-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Money SENT. :up:

R. Rich
10-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Those who plan on coming for the tailgate and who haven't paid, could you please send your payment to me NO LATER THAN next Friday, so that I can make our deposit? Thanks and I'll see you there.

WNYnut
10-15-2004, 09:18 PM
I won an all expense paid trip to Baltimore for the game, not sure where my seats are yet, hopefully I'll know by tomorrow.....but I'd love to meet some ya'll when I'm down there.......let me know if this is cool if you could....cheers

R. Rich
10-16-2004, 10:27 AM
I won an all expense paid trip to Baltimore for the game, not sure where my seats are yet, hopefully I'll know by tomorrow.....but I'd love to meet some ya'll when I'm down there.......let me know if this is cool if you could....cheers

Anyone is welcome to the tailgate, WNYnut. The place where we'll be is just up the street from M&T Stadium, about a 5 minute walk or so. If you can make the tailgate (starts at 10am and goes on until whenever), stop on by. All the details are in the first post of this thread.

G. Host
10-21-2004, 11:22 PM
Looks like I get to go. I 'convinced" company to let me fly out of BWI rather than Dulles since other people going were flying out of BWI as well. I'll get my wife to drop me off at BWI, check my bags and then find some way to get to tailgate. If game runs long I might need to book out early.

BAM
10-21-2004, 11:43 PM
I'll be present as well now, thanks to Rich :up: