PDA

View Full Version : A little optimism vs. NE

elltrain22
09-27-2004, 09:39 PM
First off, it looks like our first 2 losses weren't necessarily to bad teams. The Jags are for real, and play great D, and the Raiders, granted are not spectacular, but they are no pushovers, especially at home. Alls I'm sayin' is that, we know how NE played here last year, and we all know how much worse there defense ( especially vs. the run ) has gotten from last year. I believe its possible we can beat these guys. I really think, that w/ the bye week, it will do our offense some good, and I think we can score at least 2 td's, and maybe a couple of fg's, but the question is, can our dee hold that vaunted NE passing attack?? OUr dee looks shaky sometimes versus 5 wr sets, and I bet NE tries to exploit that. HOpefully, our boyz are up to the task. We sure do need it, or this team can pretty much kiss this season goodbye.

elltrain22
09-27-2004, 09:41 PM
I forgot to mention, but I would also like to see Mularkey use McGahee and Lee Evans alot more. Especially McGahee. I really like what I see from him so far, and if we can ever get some guys to block for him, he could really help this team reach the next level.

BAM
09-27-2004, 09:42 PM
Optimism is a cool word.

:gobills:

I think we can do it!

Turf
09-27-2004, 10:51 PM
We may suck the rest of the year, but there's a damn good chance we pull this one out.

justasportsfan
09-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Some people basically said my statement was stupid when I said the Raiders are better team :rolleyes: . Now some people will do the same thing when I say.... we will beat the pats this Sunday. :D

bledslow
09-28-2004, 02:24 PM
pats held smith and the cardinals in check in the run department,and with the colts you cant stick to many guys in the post with manning as the qb and those receivers. the colts tore them up in the first half BUT in the second half the colts were also held in check to a point,21 rushes for only 81 yards,that about 3.6-3.8 yards per rush.henry is no edge.

Charlieguide
09-28-2004, 02:36 PM
pats held smith and the cardinals in check in the run department,and with the colts you cant stick to many guys in the post with manning as the qb and those receivers. the colts tore them up in the first half BUT in the second half the colts were also held in check to a point,21 rushes for only 81 yards,that about 3.6-3.8 yards per rush.henry is no edge.

Right. Everybody will hold the Card's running game in check. As for the latter argument, Henry is harder-hitting, more of an up-the-middle kind of runner. Edge is more elusive. The Pats don't have Washington this year, and that should be to Henry's advantage. I like our chances, but remember, NE is coming off a bye, too.

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2004, 02:41 PM
I believe its possible we can beat these guys. I really think, that w/ the bye week, it will do our offense some good, and I think we can score at least 2 td's, and maybe a couple of fg's, but the question is, can our dee hold that vaunted NE passing attack?? OUr dee looks shaky sometimes versus 5 wr sets, and I bet NE tries to exploit that. HOpefully, our boyz are up to the task. We sure do need it, or this team can pretty much kiss this season goodbye.
Are you serious? I'm much more concerned about our O scoring than our D holding its own.

mysticsoto
09-28-2004, 03:10 PM
The Key for this game is to run up the middle. The Colts showed that the Patriots aren't all powerful and do have a weakness. Ted is gone and the rookie can be taken advantage of. More than at any point, what will win this game is a good game plan for running up the middle and manipulating their front men. Now we get to find out if Mularkey is a great coach in the making, or still a rookie coach learning himself! If the strategy seems to be there, but the O-linemen can't execute, it's time to gut that line and start new next year. Enough of the excuses that they need time to gel!!!!!!!

FlyingElvis
09-28-2004, 03:31 PM
The Key for this game is to run up the middle. The Colts showed that the Patriots aren't all powerful and do have a weakness. Ted is gone and the rookie can be taken advantage of. More than at any point, what will win this game is a good game plan for running up the middle and manipulating their front men. Now we get to find out if Mularkey is a great coach in the making, or still a rookie coach learning himself! If the strategy seems to be there, but the O-linemen can't execute, it's time to gut that line and start new next year. Enough of the excuses that they need time to gel!!!!!!!I'll agree with some of this. The Bills should test the Pats run defense up the middle, with a rookie in there. The Colts ran up the middle, but don't be deceived, the Pats were in nickel on a lot of those runs, defending the pass. With the Colts, you need to pick your poison. The Ted Washington thing is a little overrated. Yeah he's a great NT, but the Pats were 7-0 last year without Washington and gave up less yards per game in those 7 (although it was close). But I agree, test Wilfork/Traylor. The Bills will need to get a lead and run some clock.

elltrain22
09-28-2004, 07:52 PM
I know it sounds crazy when I say our Dee needs to stop there offense, but I have a feeling that this is going to be the determing factor in this game. Mark my words, the offense will get at least 275-300 total yards, that is why I say, we gotta stop Tom Brady and those tough 5 wr sets.

Turf
09-28-2004, 10:26 PM
We're going to win this game.

Hemlepp53
09-28-2004, 10:48 PM
First off, it looks like our first 2 losses weren't necessarily to bad teams. The Jags are for real, and play great D, and the Raiders, granted are not spectacular, but they are no pushovers, especially at home. Alls I'm sayin' is that, we know how NE played here last year, and we all know how much worse there defense ( especially vs. the run ) has gotten from last year. I believe its possible we can beat these guys. I really think, that w/ the bye week, it will do our offense some good, and I think we can score at least 2 td's, and maybe a couple of fg's, but the question is, can our dee hold that vaunted NE passing attack?? OUr dee looks shaky sometimes versus 5 wr sets, and I bet NE tries to exploit that. HOpefully, our boyz are up to the task. We sure do need it, or this team can pretty much kiss this season goodbye.

Good Man... I Like POsitive Threads... Good Stuff... I agree the Bye week if used properly could benifit us greatly... I disagree with the Defense comments. I think we are great at Defense without Milloy in spot. Time will tell and this game is important for several reasons. Division Rivals, Points to Prove, Good start to a Turn Around Season... The List Goes On And I'm Sure We Could Each Come Up wIth Several .... We Need 100% from each and everyone for this.. I Think We Will See It... Win Or Lose... I'M A BILLS FAN!!!!

:clap:
:dance:
:gobills:
:10: