PDA

View Full Version : Ruff Should Step Down

Buffarama
11-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Ruff should step down for three reasons:

1: To send a message to management - You have to do something, you just can't sit on your hands and do nothing.

2: The good of the community and team - Obviously Lindy has lost the team after so many years, and can't do anything more, or else he would have already. He doesn't want to see Buffalo lose the franchise, especially on his watch.

3: Self preservation - The perception is he has nothing to work with. At any rate, he's been here too long with this type of performance. No one will question it with no owner and a poor GM, he can skate away.

Does anyone know if Regiers 6 year contract guaranteed money?

Another reason he should step down. Regier does nothing, and can't be bothered to get up off his Lazy Boy and fire him.

MissBuffalo
11-10-2002, 02:30 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think Lindy is a great coach, but apparently he can't get his players motavated or psyched anymore. It started last season and I don't see him ever getting it back. They've seemed to have lost that spark, that drive that was so well known to the Sabres. And I don't see it returning with Ruff as the coach. They should let him go. For the better of the Sabres and for him. There's no doubt that he'll be a success somewhere else, but I think it's lost here.

Buffarama
11-10-2002, 07:25 PM
Even Larry Robinson and Hitchcock got fired. Regier shakes in his shoes like a frightened Chiwawa just contemplating such a move.

Typ0
11-11-2002, 04:41 PM
It's time to fire Ruff. He doesn't know how to get the players to take shots we have had this problem for years now. News flash, if you don't shoot you can't score.

Ebenezer
11-12-2002, 07:36 AM
Don't you think this guy would want to get fired this point. Why step down?? Let them fire you and you still get paid. Would you want to coach this lot?

clumping platelets
11-12-2002, 07:50 AM
He needs to stop sugar coating. Call out a few players or bench a couple. Call up Hamel and Milley and play them

Ebenezer
11-12-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
He needs to stop sugar coating. Call out a few players or bench a couple. Call up Hamel and Milley and play them

if they could play they would be up here already...there is no scoring talent on this team save Satan. The team hasn't effectively drafted or traded for anybody who can score since Mogily and Audette. You have to pay for goal scorers and word came down a long time ago that there is no money.

Typ0
11-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Hamel can play every time I have seen him on the ice he plays well. Last time he got in a game there was a freak goal that went off his skate and everyone said he sucked. But he was playing well up to that point. I have no idea why he is not in the lineup the way these clowns are playing. Before the injury he was playing better than anyone on the team. Give him some respect and get him in the linup.

Earthquake Enyart
11-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Chris Taylor too. I'd rather watch Milley, Taylor, and Hamel than Brown, Varada, Gratton, Barnes, et. al.

Ebenezer
11-12-2002, 10:47 AM
Hamel has not been the same since the knee injury.