• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Mark Brunell

So glad TD didn't go after him in the offseason as well.
  • BAM
    • Sep 2003

LOL

Nice sidestep he just made there.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BAM
      LOL

Nice sidestep he just made there.
      Yeah that was awesome.

Just like Drew.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

We shoulda got Warren Sapp too- and Damien Woody, and I bet Gibbs woulda come to Buffalo if we asked nicely.

Wasn't Peyton Manning a FA? WTF? We lose his number?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

You got it Dozer. It would have been great to have gotten Sapp, Woody and Gibbs. Definitely. I don't think Manning was a FA, was he? That would have been really nice too. Heck, we shoud have gotten the entire starting pro bowl roster!

/sarcasm off

We are paying multi-millions for a washed up birdbath when we could have gotten either Warner or Brunell. Like it or not, TD screwed up. But I know how you feel about TD and Drew so I don't expect you to admit he made a mistake.

Comment

• Turf
            • Jul 2002

Gibbs would have come if we had an owner and organization with any balls.
            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf
              Gibbs would have come if we had an owner and organization with any balls.
              You're dreaming.

Comment

• Turf
                • Jul 2002

You're sleeping.
                Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  I hear ya, man. There were better options out there. But, for whatever reason, they were not given any consideration.

Byrd.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
                    I hear ya, man. There were better options out there. But, for whatever reason, they were not given any consideration.
                    The reason is TD has an ego the size of an aircraft carrier and will never admit to making a mistake. I don't blame him for getting Drew here (I was for that decision) but I totally blame him for keeping him this season, especially with all the other options.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

The reason is TD has an ego the size of an aircraft carrier and will never admit to making a mistake. I don't blame him for getting Drew here (I was for that decision) but I totally blame him for keeping him this season, especially with all the other options.
                      I wasn't for getting Bledsoe before it happened.

Anyway, the only positive with Drew is if we went with a one year groomer such as Blake, we would be with Harrington or another QB from that draft. I don't like any of those QB's nearly as much as I do Losman.

Byrd.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
                        I wasn't for getting Bledsoe before it happened.

Anyway, the only positive with Drew is if we went with a one year groomer such as Blake, we would be with Harrington or another QB from that draft. I don't like any of those QB's nearly as much as I do Losman.
                        If I had done my homework on Drew beforehand I probably wouldn't have been for getting him either. C'est la vie.

I'm not sure I follow the rest of your post....can you explain a bit more?

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

I knew you'd come out and say something like this.

He got sacked 5 times, fumbled once, made some nice plays, but lost by 3 points to a not very good team (kinda like a QB on our team, but of course ours is garbage).

Brunel also played like hot puke the last two games and got knocked the F out like Roy Jones in a previous game.

I know you are a tennis guy and not a football guy, but sooner or later you should watch more than the prime time game to make an evaluation.

You probably watched the start of Wimbledon and still insist that Rodick must have won, because he played well to start.

Anyhow, seeing as you are trying to move on from tennis to the NFL, here is a pointer: Washington lost, and they lost because they have no idea how to manage a clock, get plays in on time, and kept the ball away from the highest paid running back in NFL history who was averaging upwards of 4.5 yards a carry.

of course, you walk away talking about brunel because he is who the camera points to and you love the serve and volley game.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by colin
                            I knew you'd come out and say something like this.

He got sacked 5 times, fumbled once, made some nice plays, but lost by 3 points to a not very good team (kinda like a QB on our team, but of course ours is garbage).

Brunel also played like hot puke the last two games and got knocked the F out like Roy Jones in a previous game.

I know you are a tennis guy and not a football guy, but sooner or later you should watch more than the prime time game to make an evaluation.

You probably watched the start of Wimbledon and still insist that Rodick must have won, because he played well to start.

Anyhow, seeing as you are trying to move on from tennis to the NFL, here is a pointer: Washington lost, and they lost because they have no idea how to manage a clock, get plays in on time, and kept the ball away from the highest paid running back in NFL history who was averaging upwards of 4.5 yards a carry.

of course, you walk away talking about brunel because he is who the camera points to and you love the serve and volley game.
                            "Drew is my hero"

I never noticed your title before. It all makes sense now. Keep on fighting to the bitter inevitable end.

Comment

• The Natrix
                              • Jul 2002

I'm not sure I follow the rest of your post....can you explain a bit more?

Since at the time, Bledsoe was the most overrated QB ever (He's not really overrated anymore as most agree that he stinks), he was thought to be the QB of the present and the future. Any other option whether it had been AVP, Blake, Rob, etc. would have been a stop-gap while a rookie was groomed. I remember a thread when Bledsoe was hired that asked how many years Drew would start. Most people said 4-5 years. Everyone would have voted 1-2 years for any other QB that was available at the time.

This over-estimation of Bledsoe's abilities is what is costing this organization.

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                              X