PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins RB Gordon injures shoulder- done for year?

BillsRockSOMUCH
09-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Dolphins RB Gordon injures shoulder; done for year?
Sept. 27, 2004
SportsLine.com wire reports
DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins running back Lamar Gordon is unlikely to play Sunday against the New York Jets because of a shoulder injury, compounding the team's offensive woes.
The Sun-Sentinel of South Florida reported Monday that Gordon's injury will keep the back out for the season.
The injury forced the Dolphins to turn to their fourth running back since Ricky Williams retired in July. Leonard Henry, a third-year pro who made his NFL debut in Sunday night's 13-3 loss to Pittsburgh, carried 21 times for 41 yards and may start against the Jets.
Gordon hurt his left shoulder in the first quarter. The Dolphins didn't specify the nature of the injury, and Wannstedt said Gordon was undergoing tests Monday.
More... (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7728135)

Gunzlingr
09-28-2004, 08:05 AM
Sun Sentinel says he is done.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolrb092704,0,1343869.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-28-2004, 08:10 AM
It has gone from bad to pathetic in south Florida.

G. Host
09-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Isn't Sammy Morris given a shot? Or was he injured?

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2004, 09:45 AM
Sammy and Travis Minor are both injured. That leaves Leonard Henry, unless they're dumb enough to throw away another draft pick for KC's Larry Johnson.

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2004, 09:46 AM
And BTW:

:lolpoint: Dolphins

Samphin1
09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
We really have had the worst offseason/preseason/begining of a season ever in any sport. Think about this, our top 5 running backs are out. Ricky, Konrad, Minor, Morris, Gordon. Now, I like Henry a lot and while his average doesn't show it, he proved he can play in this league against the Steelers. At one point he took the handoff and had 4 defenders on top of ihm, he was able to break free with some nifty moves and fight to get it back to the line of scrimmage. He turned a 6 yard loss into a no gain. It was impressive.

Morris and Minor should be back soon as well and Hopefully Konrad can come back from whatever the hell is bothering him this week. Man, if we had a semblence of an O-line, we would be 3-0 this year. We are wasting our best defensive team yet.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2004, 12:05 PM
And BTW:

:lolpoint: Dolphins

that gets a pos rep. :up:

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 12:07 PM
We really have had the worst offseason/preseason/begining of a season ever in any sport. Think about this, our top 5 running backs are out. Ricky, Konrad, Minor, Morris, Gordon. Now, I like Henry a lot and while his average doesn't show it, he proved he can play in this league against the Steelers. At one point he took the handoff and had 4 defenders on top of ihm, he was able to break free with some nifty moves and fight to get it back to the line of scrimmage. He turned a 6 yard loss into a no gain. It was impressive.

Morris and Minor should be back soon as well and Hopefully Konrad can come back from whatever the hell is bothering him this week. Man, if we had a semblence of an O-line, we would be 3-0 this year. We are wasting our best defensive team yet.
please stop...semblence of an o-line...Tenn had your balls 17-0 and let you score...Pitts was just as sloppy or should have kicked you into next week...If not for your Defense and Cinci's stage fright at home you would have been creamed...

knowing the Bills could go 2-14 is tempered by the fact that the 'Fins could go 0-16.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2004, 12:08 PM

he may be the back you need to help other areas on your team for next year.this guy is dirt cheap cap-wise.

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2004, 12:22 PM
He turned a 6 yard loss into a no gain. It was impressive.
No gain? That is impressive. :bf1:

Kolbiss
09-28-2004, 02:08 PM

Hey sam, you feel the quake?

Samphin1
09-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey sam, you feel the quake?

No but I never feel them. I am at my home office today my girlfriend called me up saying she felt an earthquake. i guess it was pretty big at 6.0. I never felt it :lol: In my defense it was located in central California and I am in Northern Cal. The only earthquake I have ever felt was the huge one that hit here about 16 years ago. I remember driving with my mother and all of a sudden we were in a ditch. I didn't know what the heck had happened. Then all hell broke loose... Since then I have never felt one again...

Samphin1
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
please stop...semblence of an o-line...Tenn had your balls 17-0 and let you score...Pitts was just as sloppy or should have kicked you into next week...If not for your Defense and Cinci's stage fright at home you would have been creamed...

knowing the Bills could go 2-14 is tempered by the fact that the 'Fins could go 0-16.

Do you not understand? If we HAD AN OLINE that was worth anything other than poo, we would be 3-0. Our defense has given up TWO touchdowns this season. A.J. Feeley has given up just as many TD's as our defense to opposing teams. Titans, Steelers and Bengals were all beatable teams. Our Defense had our way with all of them (a few hiccups in the opening game, but a lot less than your "vaunted" defense in week 1). Feeley has had to rush all of his throws because our O-line are a bunch of matadors. Rushed throws causes interceptions and mis passes. Also, no running game to speak of due to lack of holes opening.

So yes, I will repeat it. Had Miami had some type of O-line this year, we would be undefeated. As it stands, the O-line is making the rest of the players on offense look worse than they really are and the O is stinking up the joint. No excuses from me. The O sucks right now.

BTW, we just guarenteed ourselves at least two wins. Fiedler has been re-named the starter. That means come our game, we will be feasting on Buffalo burgers. :funny: :peace:

Charlieguide
09-28-2004, 02:59 PM
The only consolation the fins have is that next year, they'll have probably the best trio of WR's in the league with Chambers, Boston (assuming he recovers well), and Booker. Too bad they don't have any RB, QB, or OL, or enough draft picks to shore up those positions.

Marino13Phins
09-28-2004, 03:01 PM
We have had a horrible off season, with tons of bad things happening to us. If this happend to any other team they would not be able to function either. We have only put together 2 good offensive drives all year, both were against the bengals at the end of the game, when the oline actually decided to block.

We shouldn't trade a pick for LJ because we dont have anyone to block for him anyway and he will end up on the shelf next to Gordon.

The only thing that can keep us in games is the defense, and now it looks like the defense is the only thing that will win us games if they can take 2 int or fumble recoveries to the house. :snicker:

Kolbiss
09-28-2004, 03:07 PM
No but I never feel them. I am at my home office today my girlfriend called me up saying she felt an earthquake. i guess it was pretty big at 6.0. I never felt it :lol: In my defense it was located in central California and I am in Northern Cal. The only earthquake I have ever felt was the huge one that hit here about 16 years ago. I remember driving with my mother and all of a sudden we were in a ditch. I didn't know what the heck had happened. Then all hell broke loose... Since then I have never felt one again...

Good news! :;

Voltron
09-28-2004, 03:13 PM
http://www.jacneed.com/PhotoFile/Bill_Clinton.jpg

I FEEL YOUR PAIN

:snicker:

Voltron
09-28-2004, 03:15 PM
Who would have thought that both our teams would be fighting just to say alive at this point with the easy Schedules we had so far :cry:

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 03:25 PM
Do you not understand? If we HAD AN OLINE that was worth anything other than poo, we would be 3-0. Our defense has given up TWO touchdowns this season. A.J. Feeley has given up just as many TD's as our defense to opposing teams. Titans, Steelers and Bengals were all beatable teams. Our Defense had our way with all of them (a few hiccups in the opening game, but a lot less than your "vaunted" defense in week 1). Feeley has had to rush all of his throws because our O-line are a bunch of matadors. Rushed throws causes interceptions and mis passes. Also, no running game to speak of due to lack of holes opening.

So yes, I will repeat it. Had Miami had some type of O-line this year, we would be undefeated. As it stands, the O-line is making the rest of the players on offense look worse than they really are and the O is stinking up the joint. No excuses from me. The O sucks right now.

BTW, we just guarenteed ourselves at least two wins. Fiedler has been re-named the starter. That means come our game, we will be feasting on Buffalo burgers. :funny: :peace:
let's see...you go 10-6 last year with the line you had and then you go and ditch all 5 starters??? yeah, brain surgeons you have for a front office.

Voltron
09-28-2004, 03:35 PM
We have had a horrible off season, with tons of bad things happening to us. If this happend to any other team they would not be able to function either. We have only put together 2 good offensive drives all year, both were against the bengals at the end of the game, when the oline actually decided to block.

We shouldn't trade a pick for LJ because we dont have anyone to block for him anyway and he will end up on the shelf next to Gordon.

The only thing that can keep us in games is the defense, and now it looks like the defense is the only thing that will win us games if they can take 2 int or fumble recoveries to the house. :snicker:
So after you say your O-line is a mess you decide to say you will beat our team that has one of the best interior-line tandems in the league along with the most talented LB core in the AFC as well as a better than average CB tandem? :roflmao:

I will admit that our edge rushers are not great but with the O line you have I would not count on anything!! :rolleyes:

Just as I don't count on any wins until our O-line can show up and play at least one solid game.

Samphin1
09-28-2004, 06:10 PM
let's see...you go 10-6 last year with the line you had and then you go and ditch all 5 starters??? yeah, brain surgeons you have for a front office.

In case you haven't noticed, three of our five starters last year are no longer in the league. We really had no choice other than to replace everyone. The only two still in the league are wade Smith ( currently playing the part of swinging door for our team ) and Todd Wade who was GROSSLY overpaid by the Texans. At least we tried to do something about our terrible O-line last year. You guys had arguably a worse line than us and decide to get rid of the one pro bowler on the line, in order to get younger.His replacement, who is barely younger mind you, goes down with an injury in week 2. So what were you saying about geniuses in the front office again? Accept it, both teams suck early and unless either or both teams improve dramatically across the o-line, we will both be scouting the top college players coming out next year.

Marino13Phins
09-28-2004, 08:52 PM
So after you say your O-line is a mess you decide to say you will beat our team that has one of the best interior-line tandems in the league along with the most talented LB core in the AFC as well as a better than average CB tandem? :roflmao:

I will admit that our edge rushers are not great but with the O line you have I would not count on anything!! :rolleyes:

Just as I don't count on any wins until our O-line can show up and play at least one solid game.

I only say that because your offense can't score either, and you dont have a real problem other then your oline. You have a good qb, very good WR, 2 good RB's. No line like us.

Marino13Phins
09-29-2004, 12:53 AM
I only say that because your offense can't score either, and you dont have a real problem other then your oline. You have a good qb, very good WR, 2 good RB's. No line like us.

Someone left me good rep for this post, I would like to repay them, if it was you PM me.

SStudawgg
09-29-2004, 05:40 AM

And he'll be throwing the ball to whom...
Handing off to whom ...

Start up the BBQ's
Porpoise Patties in the making

Marino13Phins
09-29-2004, 10:25 AM
And he'll be throwing the ball to whom...
Handing off to whom ...

Start up the BBQ's
Porpoise Patties in the making

Chambers is a good WR any way you look at it, Booker has talent. But we dont have a RB, and we have 5 guys pretending to block.

Voltron
09-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Chambers is definitely a talented receiver and will only get better since he is only in his 3rd year. The rest are unknown really. I think both QBs are serviceable but with no protection it is kind of hard to utilize Chambers game breaking ability.

LABillzFan
09-29-2004, 12:55 PM
No one has said anything about the Fish pulling Feeley and putting Fiedler back in as the starter.

This is going to be one of those major screw ups that will be one of the final nails in Wanny's coffin.

Voltron
09-29-2004, 01:42 PM
No one has said anything about the Fish pulling Feeley and putting Fiedler back in as the starter.

This is going to be one of those major screw ups that will be one of the final nails in Wanny's coffin.
I sure hope not. I want to see Wanny given a lifetime contract :snicker2:

Marino13Phins
09-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I read the Jay is back in.

Voltron
09-29-2004, 01:44 PM
I read the Jay is back in.
Now I saw on Total access last night that AJ was still the starter :idunno:

Marino13Phins
09-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Now I saw on Total access last night that AJ was still the starter :idunno:

:rofl: The starter is pointless, his chances of finishing the game are 5% in dry conditions. I should be the starter for all it matters Sunday. I can stand up for .3 seconds and let 4 guys tackle me. :(

Kolbiss
09-29-2004, 04:15 PM
I sure hope not. I want to see Wanny given a lifetime contract :snicker2:

That is a possibility with Wayne as the owner......We can at least be hapy we don't have him.

Voltron
09-29-2004, 05:22 PM
:rofl: The starter is pointless, his chances of finishing the game are 5% in dry conditions. I should be the starter for all it matters Sunday. I can stand up for .3 seconds and let 4 guys tackle me. :(
:roflmao: I feel the same way about the Bills!

Samphin1
09-29-2004, 07:07 PM
To clear everything up, here is the official stance on Wannstedt. Feeley is the starter, but fiedler will start against the Jets. Now that the confusion is gone..... :crazy:

Voltron
09-29-2004, 08:57 PM
To clear everything up, here is the official stance on Wannstedt. Feeley is the starter, but fiedler will start against the Jets. Now that the confusion is gone..... :crazy:
And we thought GrEgg was bad! :roflmao:

Even though we are supposed to be hated rivals I can't help but feel sorry for the Fin fans like you and chambers84 who not only love your team but also can talk about football with out throwing the smack out on every post. You may learn what it is like to watch your team get gutted (yours because of injuries and a loser of a player who walked out on ya, us because of the cap) and go 3 and 13 :( It ain't fun I can tell you that much. :sadwalk:

I am not saying I won’t enjoy it :snicker2: …… but I feel for ya