PDA

View Full Version : This is what I am looking for Sunday

Pride
09-28-2004, 12:17 PM
First off, I do not expect us to win on Sunday. So a W is a bonus to this list.

1. I want to see Henry between the tackles on the opening play of the game.
2. I want to see us stretch the field with at least 1 deep throw on the first drive of the game.
3. I want to see McGahee and Henry in the backfield at least once per quarter... if not on all 3rd downs.
4. I want to see us send the house on Defense on the opening play. Throw the kitchen sink at Brady right off the bat. You let him get into a rhythm and we are done.
5. I want to see a more dramatic entrance by the players than in week 1. As a fan, I want to see excitement, not the most boring pregame celebration I have ever seen (see week 1)
6. I want to see Bledsoe use 3 step drops, and hit his WR's on quick slants.
7. I do NOT want to see Coy Wire starting on D.

Anyone else have anything to add?

LtBillsFan66
09-28-2004, 12:18 PM
I want to see Sam Adams return an interception for a TD. :D

Pride
09-28-2004, 12:19 PM
Just thought of some more...

8. I want to see less penalties by the offensive line.
9. I want to see a more aggressive overall approach on both sides of the ball.

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 12:19 PM
First off, I do not expect us to win on Sunday. So a W is a bonus to this list.

1. I want to see Henry between the tackles on the opening play of the game.
2. I want to see us stretch the field with at least 1 deep throw on the first drive of the game.
3. I want to see McGahee and Henry in the backfield at least once per quarter... if not on all 3rd downs.
4. I want to see us send the house on Defense on the opening play. Throw the kitchen sink at Brady right off the bat. You let him get into a rhythm and we are done.
5. I want to see a more dramatic entrance by the players than in week 1. As a fan, I want to see excitement, not the most boring pregame celebration I have ever seen (see week 1)
6. I want to see Bledsoe use 3 step drops, and hit his WR's on quick slants.
7. I do NOT want to see Coy Wire starting on D.

Anyone else have anything to add?
I want a win...2-0 is fine with me...got to turn it around fast.

Pride
09-28-2004, 12:21 PM
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6623163.jpg

G. Host
09-28-2004, 12:30 PM
I want to see more players on sideline and on defense motivating fans - remember the days when Bills defense tried to rally the fans?

I want to see fans in the stands be smart enough to not do the wave while we have the ball.

I want to see the ushers tell people to stay in seats when Bills need support.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2004, 12:36 PM
I want to see us send the house on Defense on the opening play. Throw the kitchen sink at Brady right off the bat. You let him get into a rhythm and we are done.

IMO, the best way to defend Brady is to drop extra guys into coverage and make him hold the ball. He has feasted on the blitz because he makes quick reads and gets rid of the ball.

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2004, 12:41 PM
I want to see our DEs put Brady on his ass at least 3 times.

justasportsfan
09-28-2004, 12:43 PM
Unlike everyone else on this board (or planet) I expect a win :bringit:

DraftBoy
09-28-2004, 01:46 PM
I wanna see both Willis and Lee Evans get more touches. Both have started to show what they can do. Willis again JAX in week 1, and Evans 2 weeks ago v OAK with his deep catch. We've gotta attack the NE D in the secondary. They are weakest there, and their safeties are where we need to go.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2004, 02:04 PM
We've gotta attack the NE D in the secondary. They are weakest there, and their safeties are where we need to go.

I couldn't disagree more. The Pats have a very experienced secondary. Harrison and Wilson is one of the better S combos in the NFL. Wilson is a real up-and-comer.

If I were the Bills, I'd try to push the Pats around up front. The Pats have some talent on the DL, but they are very young. Attack Warren and Wilfork, and see if they can hold up against a power rushing attack. Once they get that going, you can work in play action. They would then be controlling the game.

On defense, I wouldn't blitz much as Brady is too effective against it, Buffalo should blitz on occasion in certain situations (early-down run blitzes), but need to pick their spots. Flood the short and intermediate zones, and make sure you tackle their WR. The Pats WR corps is fast and deep, but not that big. The Bills need to be physical (something they do well on defense).

Dillon makes a huge difference, and the Bills need to stuff him on early downs and force the Patriots into longer 3rd-down situations.

The Bills also need to be prepared for the Pats spread sets, as they aren't afraid to use them. Graham and Watson gives them the ability to spread things out with their regular personnel, if they see a favorable match-up.

The Pats are probably much better offensively than you remember from last year, but probably not as good defensively up front.

ST obviously plays a role as well. The Pats return game has been disappointing so far this year, but their kicker is still excellent and their punter has been significantly upgraded.

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2004, 02:06 PM
We've gotta attack the NE D in the secondary. They are weakest there, and their safeties are where we need to go.

I couldn't disagree more. The Pats have a very experienced secondary. Harrison and Wilson is one of the better S combos in the NFL. Wilson is a real up-and-comer.

If I were the Bills, I'd try to push the Pats around up front. The Pats have some talent on the DL, but they are very young. Attack Warren and Wilfork, and see if they can hold up against a power rushing attack. Once they get that going, you can work in play action. They would then be controlling the game.

On defense, I wouldn't blitz much as Brady is too effective against it, Buffalo should blitz on occasion in certain situations (early-down run blitzes), but need to pick their spots. Flood the short and intermediate zones, and make sure you tackle their WR. The Pats WR corps is fast and deep, but not that big. The Bills need to be physical (something they do well on defense).

Dillon makes a huge difference, and the Bills need to stuff him on early downs and force the Patriots into longer 3rd-down situations.

The Bills also need to be prepared for the Pats spread sets, as they aren't afraid to use them. Graham and Watson gives them the ability to spread things out with their regular personnel, if they see a favorable match-up.

The Pats are probably much better offensively than you remember from last year, but probably not as good defensively up front.

ST obviously plays a role as well. The Pats return game has been disappointing so far this year, but their kicker is still excellent and their punter has been significantly upgraded.
Someone please forward this to Mularkey.

socalfan
09-29-2004, 12:44 AM
I want to see Nate Clements knock of Brady's helmet AND head this year.

Marino13Phins
09-29-2004, 12:53 AM
I'm basically just looking for a football game Sunday.

Marino13Phins
09-29-2004, 12:55 AM

I disagree, the pats secondary is very weak now that they can't hold. They have been exposed in the preseason, and now the regular season. And one time by the cardinals. Sure the pats secondary will come up wtih a play, but they are getting beat a lot more now. If bledsoe gets teh ball off quick sunday instead of holding onto it forever. The pats could be in trouble.

SStudawgg
09-29-2004, 05:07 AM
How bout a couple a passes on 1st down when they expect us to run

thenry20
09-29-2004, 06:55 AM
I want to see both lines play alot better.

I want to ban fried chicken and popcorn from the sidelines while the game is on. At least from the receivers.

Oh and yea, and a big fat W!

:scared:

HenryRules
09-29-2004, 07:32 AM
I want to see a W. The time for "good losses" was about 2 years ago. This team is in a need-to-win basis, otherwise we're starting to get (already have) a loser mindset. One more well played, close loss with the coaches saying "everything is correctable" is about the worst thing that could happen IMO.

ryjam282
09-29-2004, 08:46 AM

I couldn't disagree more. The Pats have a very experienced secondary. Harrison and Wilson is one of the better S combos in the NFL. Wilson is a real up-and-comer..

They are very good safeties, but Harrison is very susceptible to play action. He bites pretty hard cause he is always looking to hit someone. I know we have to establish the run first and I pray we can but that is a spot we can look to attack at some point if T-Hen or Willis gets it going.

Unlike everyone else on this board (or planet) I expect a win :bringit:

I too expect a win. It will be a sad day for us when we expect a loss. I know the cards are stacked against us but there is still a possiblity. I know I am off the Bledsoe bandwagon, but I feel a good game out of him. Maybe the fire under his ass is lit. If we see him patting the ball at all during the game, we are done....If he hits his plant step, pats it ONCE and throws, we are good.....If we see repeated pats, we are done for....Keep an eye out for that.

ShadowHawk7
09-29-2004, 09:51 AM
Someone please forward this to Mularkey.
Lol, I was just going to say that. Nice analysis NE39. I think the Bills can definitley pull this one off. The Bills Defense is capable, without huge mistakes, of holding the Pats to 17-20 points, which means the O will have to put up at least that number. My guess: Pats 17, BILLS 20.

Bulldog
09-29-2004, 09:51 AM
I would like to see the Bills be more creative on offense. Start off the game with the no huddle or something. They need to get the Patriots defense on their heels to start the game. More Willis and Travis packages also and not just on 3rd down.

devour
09-29-2004, 01:37 PM

Ouch ! I think Brady is still having nightmares over that INT. If anyone is good at getting revenge, it'll be Brady.
Good luck this Sunday.

BillsRockSOMUCH
09-29-2004, 07:38 PM
I would like to see the Bills be more creative on offense. Start off the game with the no huddle or something. They need to get the Patriots defense on their heels to start the game. More Willis and Travis packages also and not just on 3rd down.
:jawdrop: That was my idea. After last week's loss I told my brother that we should start next game no huddle and see if we can get something going on offense.

Tatonka
09-29-2004, 11:10 PM
i want to see a ****ing 31-0 blowout.

colin
09-30-2004, 06:01 AM
we need to run the ball better than we have so far.

our passing game is ranked higher than our run game, and the only team averaging less yards per carry is Miami. Our only scores have come on some decent fairly long passes, but we have been shut down from the 1 twice, we need to get something done on the ground, and I don't think Henry is gonna do it, certianly not alone.

we need run Mcgahee. the pats can't handle a big athletic back, and mcgahee should be better than edge, if not now soon.

our d will be fine.

BillsFanCupp38
09-30-2004, 08:35 AM
I will tell you what i want to see... I want to see the bills offense attack. I dont want them to be so conservative. Conservative is good at times but not all the times. I want them to take 2 shots down feild every quarter. I want toss sweeps at the goal line with willis running the show. its a garuanteed TD. My prediction 13-10 OT in favor of Buffalo