PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans stick behind their team

G. Host
09-28-2004, 03:30 PM
It's a month into the season, and Erland 'Erkie' Kailbourne is still pushing Buffalo Bills tickets.

That's not unusual for the Business Backs the Bills committee chairman who has discovered it's a year-round job trying to fill the 73,000-seat Ralph Wilson Stadium in an economically challenged region. more (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/09/28/bc.fbn.bills.fansupport.ap/index.html)

Personally I think the BEST way they coould increase the ticket base would be take away those who just sell them and do not go to games. There are a number of scalppers who high sell best game seats to opposing fans and the rest they dump for whatever they could get them for. Allowing them to buy more tickets to scalp them just hurts ticket base IMO.

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 03:31 PM
just win...cures all football ailments.

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 03:33 PM
how come these a-holes never speak of the fact that the area isn't losing population??

And yet, as difficult as it's been in Buffalo, a city who's population has dropped by about 35,000 over the last 15 years, Bills fans are proving resilient.

un-frikkin-real.

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 03:34 PM
holy crap...we are 7 years into the 15 year lease?? somebody better get working on this:

In 1998, Kailbourne spearheaded a campaign that met an $11 million ticket sales goal, leading the team to sign a 15-year stadium lease, easing concerns that the Bills might consider relocating.

RedEyE
09-28-2004, 05:18 PM
Not that I could participate, but I would really love to see Ralph Wilson find away to give/sell the organization to the City/Fans of Buffalo before he passes away. Much like the Green Bay Packers.

Whether or not it's feasible, I believe that only a handful of NFL cities contain the proper fanbase to imitate what Green Bay has done with the Packer's organization. Buffalo leading that select few.

Mr. Cynical
09-28-2004, 05:26 PM
Not that I could participate, but I would really love to see Ralph Wilson find away to give/sell the organization to the City/Fans of Buffalo before he passes away. Much like the Green Bay Packers.

Whether or not it's feasible, I believe that only a handful of NFL cities contain the proper fanbase to imitate what Green Bay has done with the Packer's organization. Buffalo leading that select few.
Agreed. :up:

Ebenezer
09-28-2004, 05:30 PM

We have been down this road a hundred times...the NFL has long since passed a rule that no other municipality is allowed to buy parts of any franchise...it will never happen...and just what elected officials around the Erie County area do we even want to have having a hand in running the Bills...they can't piss into the lake straight around here. You want them to run a football team??? :crazy:

RedEyE
09-28-2004, 05:35 PM
We have been down this road a hundred times...the NFL has long since passed a rule that no other municipality is allowed to buy parts of any franchise...it will never happen...and just what elected officials around the Erie County area do we even want to have having a hand in running the Bills...they can't piss into the lake straight around here. You want them to run a football team??? :crazy:

101 times :mad:

Gunzlingr
09-28-2004, 05:59 PM

GB is grandfathered in, and will be the only exception for all eternity.

Jayhawk
09-28-2004, 06:01 PM
man screw that rule