PDA

View Full Version : The Bills WILL beat the Patsies Sunday-Here's Why

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-29-2004, 09:55 AM
The NFL is about three factors
1) Matchups
--Right now, at this point in the season...I think we match up ok vs. the Pats. Our Oline is good enough to give Bledsoe some time, and make some holes for our backs.
Our receivers match up just fine vs. their secondary. I am not too worried about their LBs....except when in the red zone...let's see if Bledsoe makes smart decisions there.
They have a better kicker, but I think that if they are relegated to FGs, we can beat them, as long as we can punch in a couple of TDs.
Our D actually overmatches their O...the only weakness I see is pass rush and I think our DTs will get some good penetration and pressure vs the Pats interior lineman. I agree that we should not over rush---just apply steady pressure and tight coverage on the receivers. Make Brady throw it away several times.....don't give the receivers much cushion....if we can execute there, we are gonna be looking good.
Special teams is a wildcard for both teams. We have a better punter, they have a better kicker.....hopefully we don't use Mr. Moorman too much but when we need him he will be solid. I DON'T want to see Clements returning punts. McGee is a better KR and PR. Or even Shaw on PR. Clements is not doing anything, lets give someone else a chance who is not afraid to get hurt. I think Clements fair catches too much because he is afraid to get hurt (coaches probably make him do this for same reason).

2)Environment/Attitude.
--The fans will help win this game. The team knows their back is against the wall. We want to avenge last years late season drubbing. Bledsoe knows that this might be the last time he plays the Pats in Buffalo. The Pats are (to quote Shakespeare, "me thinks the lady doth protest too much") telling everybody that the streak means nothing to them...but I think they are placing a lot of emphasis on it because they don't feel they have got the recognition they deserve over the past 3 years. They wouldn't have such a strong, universal denial of thinking of it unless it was heavy on their minds.

3) Coaching--while I don't think Mularky is anywhere near the coach Bellichek is yet, I honestly think he is a smart coach and if anyone has a good chance of beating Bellichek, it is a coach who Bellichek is not yet familiar with. Look for some trick/gadget plays that actually work. Would not surprise me at all to see an early onsides kick.

With all of the above, I can't see the Bills losing. I think this game is ours, and if we can ride the momentum from this game through the next month, we could be well positioned to make a playoff push.

HAMMER
09-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Our O-Line is good enough to give Bledsoe time? That's news to me!

justasportsfan
09-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Our wr's couldn't do squat against Jacksonvilee. What makes you think we can do anything against Ty Law and Harrison? You got it all wrong, Henry will rush for 180 yds and 2 td's and WM accounting for 1 and Drew for TD via a designed bootleg :D.

FlyingElvis
09-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Very unbiased analysis by the thread starter. :)

The Bills will need to run the ball, and run the ball and run the ball... Hit the occasional 25+ yard pass to keep the defense honest, and most importantly NOT turn the ball over. Thats their key to success. Winning streaks, fans clapping, etc. don't make tackles.

Oh and the Bills need to get the lead. If they fall behind, good luck with Bledsoe trying to solve the Pats disguised coverages.

Drive 4 Five
09-29-2004, 01:16 PM
I don't know what the hell you're smoking Shiz but pass some of that over here dawg. You are definately high to be making some comments like that. You hanging with Ricky or what? Wake the F%CK up! You could not be any further away from the truth in that ridiculous ass assessment.

Marvelous
09-29-2004, 01:24 PM
HAHA i'm past trying to be hopeful. No way Drew does anything against the guys who knows him best. We win it's because Drew tears a groin.

I predict
6 sacks
1 fumble
2 picks
Henry/running game- abandoned
D- striong until they get tired in 3rd qtr

If we get blown out because of DB & MM don't make changes then his coaching is in question.

GO BILLS!!!!

Drive 4 Five
09-29-2004, 01:34 PM
HAHA i'm past trying to be hopeful. No way Drew does anything against the guys who knows him best. We win it's because Drew tears a groin.

I predict
6 sacks
1 fumble
2 picks
Henry/running game- abandoned
D- striong until they get tired in 3rd qtr

If we get blown out because of DB & MM don't make changes then his coaching is in question.

GO BILLS!!!!

While it hurts me down to my soul....I have to agree with ya. We don't stand a chance.

Marvelous
09-29-2004, 01:36 PM
While it hurts me down to my soul....I have to agree with ya. We don't stand a chance.
I know it sucks to admit it but we are hurting.

GO BILLS!!

Marvelous
09-29-2004, 01:39 PM
[QUOTE=justasportsfan and Drew for TD via a designed bootleg :D.[/QUOTE]
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! thanks man you made my day :):):)

Marino13Phins
09-29-2004, 01:50 PM
I don't know what the hell you're smoking Shiz but pass some of that over here dawg. You are definately high to be making some comments like that. You hanging with Ricky or what? Wake the F%CK up! You could not be any further away from the truth in that ridiculous ass assessment.

Can you make any posts without a swear?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Well, I am glad you all have your own opinions, but as you probably did not notice, I called the loss to Jacksonville and the loss to Oakland. I have been having these real strong feelings that the game is going to go one way or the other all year......call me crazy (I am a bit), high (I wish) or stupid (ok maybe).

I calls em as I sees em.

Anybody care to bet?