PDA

View Full Version : I just got a V-Coach update on my cell phone about JP Losman...

Michael82
09-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Bills rookie quarterback J.P. Losman did some jogging for the first time Tuesday since breaking his left leg in training camp.

:rofl:

He must be closer than 5 weeks, if they are giving these updates and everything. You can tell that he will get a chance to start when he is healthy if Drew keeps struggling, because they are really making a BIG deal about JP coming back. :scratch: If it was any other 3rd string QB, they wouldn't be putting it out there as much as they are. :idunno:

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2004, 01:58 PM
They're only giving you the updates because THE FANS want to hear it. It has nothing to do with the actual direction of the organization.

Halbert
09-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Thank you.

Starting Losman as a rookie behind this line would be crazy. That is, until the Bills are out of playoff contention, then you might as well let him play. We'll see where we are when he gets back.

Ebenezer
09-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Bills rookie quarterback J.P. Losman did some jogging for the first time Tuesday since breaking his left leg in training camp.

:rofl:

He must be closer than 5 weeks, if they are giving these updates and everything. You can tell that he will get a chance to start when he is healthy if Drew keeps struggling, because they are really making a BIG deal about JP coming back. :scratch: If it was any other 3rd string QB, they wouldn't be putting it out there as much as they are. :idunno:
must I remind you that you were the one screaming for 6 hours in 2002 for the Bills to trade for DB??

Halbert
09-29-2004, 02:01 PM
What's V-Coach again?

Pride
09-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Vcoach is Verizon's Sports News Text Message feature.

They are talking about JP practicing NEXT WEEK in 7 on 7 drills! (no contact tho)

Michael82
09-29-2004, 02:11 PM
must I remind you that you were the one screaming for 6 hours in 2002 for the Bills to trade for DB??
I still am supporting Drew. Where does it say in my post that I don't? Could it be my title? nah. My avatar? :rofl: nope.

:scratch:

I just really like JP Losman a lot and can't wait until he is ready to take over the reins. He really excited me at camp and of course the two preseason games too. However, I think we would be much better off keeping Drew Bledsoe in there until the very last minute. If we get out of the playoff race, then you put Losman in there. Or maybe if Losman is healthy and ready in week 12, if Bledsoe is really struggling, then you could try Losman. But fans should not expect him to do much this year and I really don't want to see him take snaps behind this line if he doesn't have to. It's terrible and is a great way to get your future star QB killed. :eek: :nervous:

Michael82
09-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Vcoach is Verizon's Sports News Text Message feature.

They are talking about JP practicing NEXT WEEK in 7 on 7 drills! (no contact tho)
Where did you see that? Damn. 7 on 7 already? Sweet. He is definitely much farther ahead than we thought. He is not even close to RJ-like if he heals this fast. :snicker:

justasportsfan
09-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Mikey flipflops.

Ebenezer
09-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Mikey flipflops.
makes it easier to be a Kerry supporter.

Mr. Cynical
09-29-2004, 02:24 PM
That is, until the Bills are out of playoff contention, then you might as well let him play. We have been out of playoff contention since the offseason.

Drew needed to be replaced.
The oline needed to be fixed.
This is MM/TC's rookie season, and they took over a 17-31 team.
But this is good news that JP is coming along well. Give him some games to start preparing for '05. He will get the heat, but we may be surprised...he may make the line look better for once instead of worse with Drew.

Ebenezer
09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
We have been out of playoff contention since the offseason.

Drew needed to be replaced.
The oline needed to be fixed.
This is MM/TC's rookie season, and they took over a 17-31 team.
But this is good news that JP is coming along well. Give him some games to start preparing for '05. He will get the heat, but we may be surprised...he may make the line look better for once instead of worse with Drew.
sadly it will be 2006 before he is completely ready...

ScottLawrence
09-29-2004, 02:58 PM
Thank you.

Starting Losman as a rookie behind this line would be crazy. That is, until the Bills are out of playoff contention, then you might as well let him play. We'll see where we are when he gets back.

The lines not a problem, just look at the Giants.

Warners getting the ball out of his hands quickly and, making the line look better then it is.

I would say almost everyone thought the Giants O-Line was considered the worst in football before the season started.

Bledsoe is the problem.

ScottLawrence
09-29-2004, 03:05 PM
sadly it will be 2006 before he is completely ready...

Do you consider Kyle Boller ready?

I certainly don't, and they will probably win the AFC North and be in the playoffs.... Heck, they probably would've still been in the playoffs with Boller finishing the season as a rookie if he didn't get injuried.

The defense is in place already, we just need a quarterback who isn't past his prime and over the hill.

DraftBoy
09-29-2004, 06:33 PM
very good points SL, we dont need a QB to win us a game, we just need one to not lose it for us. All Losman has to do is come in avoid the rush and make accurate throws. He wont be asked to win the game.

The Natrix
09-29-2004, 06:49 PM
Man, I can't wait till Losman is starting. Hopefully it will be in a few weeks. It will be a breath of fresh air. :cloud9:

RedEyE
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
If the Bills continue to flop offensively, Losman will be brought in attempt to spark this offense.

BAM
09-29-2004, 07:20 PM
I agree. Once he is healthy.

ScottLawrence
09-29-2004, 07:32 PM
very good points SL, we dont need a QB to win us a game, we just need one to not lose it for us. All Losman has to do is come in avoid the rush and make accurate throws. He wont be asked to win the game.

Which is exactly what Kyle Boller does in Baltimore... Losman could probably create more opportunites for this offense to, with his legs.

BAM
09-29-2004, 07:36 PM
yah no kidding.

BidsJr
09-29-2004, 07:37 PM
makes it easier to be a Kerry supporter.

Not sure anything could make that easier. :shortbus:

Typ0
09-29-2004, 08:02 PM
Halbert has it right...JP won't play until we're statistically out of it which could be in a few weeks.

TigerJ
09-29-2004, 09:25 PM
I heard elsewhere that JP himself thinks that he'll be ready to go after the Jets game on the 10th. By that I assume he means he'll be ready to practice full speed and do whatever the coaches ask. I think the Bills put off as long as possible any notion of JP starting. I could see them sticking him in at garbage time to get some playing time in some real games though.

Dozerdog
09-29-2004, 09:42 PM
Do you consider Kyle Boller ready?

I certainly don't, and they will probably win the AFC North and be in the playoffs.... Heck, they probably would've still been in the playoffs with Boller finishing the season as a rookie if he didn't get injuried.

The defense is in place already, we just need a quarterback who isn't past his prime and over the hill..

I'd be more inclined to start JP Losman earlier too if I had the top defense in football, one of the best OL in the NFL with all-pro Jonathan Odgen protecting him, and a 2000 yard-per-season running back on the team.

Put Boller on this team and we will get crushed

Iehoshua
09-29-2004, 10:08 PM
I'd be more inclined to start JP Losman earlier too if I had the top defense in football, one of the best OL in the NFL with all-pro Jonathan Odgen protecting him, and a 2000 yard-per-season running back on the team.

Put Boller on this team and we will get crushed

The Ravens o-line has been pretty banged up this year...

The Natrix
09-29-2004, 10:08 PM
Boller would get crushed because he stinks. I think JP could surprise some of you and even as a rookie, be more effective in this offense than Bledsoe.

Iehoshua
09-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Boller would get crushed because he stinks. I think JP could surprise some of you and even as a rookie, be more effective in this offense than Bledsoe.

...and I agree! :up:

Mr. Cynical
09-29-2004, 11:19 PM
Yep. :up:

However, I will say this...I don't expect to win alot of games this year with JP. He will have good moments and bad ones, but at least the losses won't be a waste like they are with Drew. Every time JP snaps the ball he gets experience for the future. Every time Drew snaps the ball it is a complete waste of everyone's time....he will not be here next year so why invest any more time into him.

Iehoshua
09-29-2004, 11:50 PM
Yep. :up:

However, I will say this...I don't expect to win alot of games this year with JP. He will have good moments and bad ones, but at least the losses won't be a waste like they are with Drew. Every time JP snaps the ball he gets experience for the future. Every time Drew snaps the ball it is a complete waste of everyone's time....he will not be here next year so why invest any more time into him.
:bow: