PDA

View Full Version : Bigger rivalry

northernbillfan
09-29-2004, 02:17 PM
It's seems that is more animosity towards the Patsies this week as we head to the game. More than I've seen towards the Fish in recent years. The rivalries seem more fierce year after year.

A simple question, do you think we are getting more wound up about the Patriots than the Fish? Could this be the beginning of a heated rivalry? Or is it because the Fish suck and we need to direct our energy to a competitive rival?

Patrick76777
09-29-2004, 02:18 PM
It's seems that is more animosity towards the Patsies this week as we head to the game. More than I've seen towards the Fish in recent years. The rivalries seem more fierce year after year.

A simple question, do you think we are getting more wound up about the Patriots than the Fish? Could this be the beginning of a heated rivalry? Or is it because the Fish suck and we need to direct our energy to a competitive rival?

I HATE THE FISH!

Don’t mind the pats, but I would enjoy a win!

juice
09-29-2004, 02:22 PM
If we win this game against the Pats we will be competing against them in the East.. If we lose we will be competing against the Phins not to come in last.

Patrick76777
09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
If we win this game against the Pats we will be competing against them in the East.. If we lose we will be competing against the Phins not to come in last.

Great point about the game. A win puts us a game behind them.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-29-2004, 02:27 PM
I hate the Dolphins and nothing will change that. I actually like the Patriots as far as their players are concerned. There aren't any guys on the team that you can hate. I know a lot of people hate Tom Brady, but being a U of M fan, I like Brady.

Patrick76777
09-29-2004, 02:28 PM
I hate the Dolphins and nothing will change that. I actually like the Patriots as far as their players are concerned. There aren't any guys on the team that you can hate. I know a lot of people hate Tom Brady, but being a U of M fan, I like Brady.

I'm not even a U of M fan and I like Brady. How can you not like Brady?

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-29-2004, 02:31 PM
I don't know why people hate him. The guy is a good guy and he has skills.

northernbillfan
09-29-2004, 02:34 PM
If Brady was in a different division or even in the NFC, people would love him even more. He's an all around great QB.

Michael82
09-29-2004, 02:37 PM
I can't stand that mother ****ing piece of ****, Tom Brady. And Bill Belichick really pisses me off. I can't stand the team in general. Don't get me wrong, I still hate the ****ing fish more...but the Patriots are coming closer. :mad: :curse:

justasportsfan
09-29-2004, 03:23 PM
There's so much hype about BB being the best coach and us looking like a fools picking up his rejects.

We have had 2 weeks to fix our O. We'll see what kind of strategic coach Mularkey is and if he's even close to Bellichicks class. Being a new coach and a new scheme are no longer excuses. We have the talent to match up but we'll see who's the better chess player.

finsrclowns
09-29-2004, 03:55 PM
There's so much hype about BB being the best coach and us looking like a fools picking up his rejects.

We have had 2 weeks to fix our O. We'll see what kind of strategic coach Mularkey is and if he's even close to Bellichicks class. Being a new coach and a new scheme are no longer excuses. We have the talent to match up but we'll see who's the better chess player.

Scheme is important to be sure and this is a tough matchup for a young coach. But the one edge we have, and if we can get a lead it could be vital, is the home field. Guys need to play with fire and heart this week. They're playing for a record but we're playing for our season. If we play with desperation we have a chance.

justasportsfan
09-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Scheme is important to be sure and this is a tough matchup for a young coach. But the one edge we have, and if we can get a lead it could be vital, is the home field. Guys need to play with fire and heart this week. They're playing for a record but we're playing for our season. If we play with desperation we have a chance.I don't know how much he has to adjus though. He really doesn't have to do much defensively since it's all Gray. He only has to get w/ Clements and plan offensively which he has done in Pitts.

HenryRules
09-29-2004, 05:38 PM
The Pats are hated because they're the best team in the division. The fins haven't been there for a while.

The Bills/Fins rivalry used to be so good in the 90s because it was going to be them or us that won the division. With that gone, the rivalry just doesn't have the same meaning.

Mr. Cynical
09-29-2004, 05:44 PM
The Pats are hated because they're the best team in the division. The fins haven't been there for a while.

The Bills/Fins rivalry used to be so good in the 90s because it was going to be them or us that won the division. With that gone, the rivalry just doesn't have the same meaning.
Bingo. When a team like the Pats beats you 6 out of the last 8 times, you start to shift your hatred over.

To be honest, I respected Shula alot and only really hated the Fins when Cox was there. I think the hatred was generational from the 70's/80s beatings we took. I think the rivarly in the 90s was because of exactly what HR said - it seemed to always come down to the two of us in the end.

Ickybaluky
09-29-2004, 05:55 PM
The Bills/Fins rivalry used to be so good in the 90s because it was going to be them or us that won the division.

The Pats won the division as many times as Miami did in the 90's:

- The Bills dominated the early part of the decade, winning 4 times (1990, 1991, 1993, 1995).

- Miami won twice early in the decade (1992, 1994)

- The Pats also won 2 (1996, 1997)

- The Jets (1998) and Indy (1999) each won the division once.

Cntrygal
09-29-2004, 06:07 PM

Also, the Pats are one of the media favorites... so of course that makes them more despised. But, I still hate the fish more than any other team.

Mr. Cynical
09-29-2004, 06:13 PM
The Pats won the division as many times as Miami did in the 90's:

- The Bills dominated the early part of the decade, winning 4 times (1990, 1991, 1993, 1995).

- Miami won twice early in the decade (1992, 1994)

- The Pats also won 2 (1996, 1997)

- The Jets (1998) and Indy (1999) each won the division once.Even though Mia won the division in 92, we still had to play them in the AFC Championship that year to get to the SB. Tides turned, and in 95 and 98 we lost to them in the Wildcard game.

So when you look at it, it is more than just division wins. The Fins were almost always in our path in one way or the other during most of the 90s. The Pats really didn't start stand in our way for the most part if you look at it. Not sure what our record against them was during those years, but we never played them in a playoff game. The rivalry/hatred never had a chance to really form.

The_Philster
09-29-2004, 06:57 PM
The Fish will always be hated more as far as I'm concerned. :mad:

BAM
09-29-2004, 07:30 PM
I am starting to hate the Patriots more than any team. They are by far the luckiest team in the NFL. The ball always seems to bounce their way for some reason.

Someone here has an avatar that pretty much explains it all.

As of this moment, I hate every team in our division about the same. + the Redskins.

northernbillfan
09-30-2004, 03:08 AM
...The Fins were almost always in our path in one way or the other during most of the 90s. The Pats really didn't start stand in our way for the most part if you look at it...
The only reason the Patriots haven't stood in our way is because the Bills have never been in too much of a hurry to go anywhere since the Memphis game.

The rivalry/hatred never had a chance to really form.
It looks like it's headed that way, although there are too many die hards that will not let go of their deep rooted hatred for the Fish.