• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

I fully expect the Bills

to run the ball 50 times Sunday. I expect Henry to get 30 carries and Willis to get 20.

The Colts ran all over them and should have won that game easilly, but the went Gilbride at the end. Arizona can't run the ball.

I expect the Bills to have the ball for close to 40 minutes.

We'll see if Mullarkey is true to his word that we are a smash mouth team, because that's the way to beat the Pats.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
    to run the ball 50 times Sunday. I expect Henry to get 30 carries and Willis to get 20.

The Colts ran all over them and should have won that game easilly, but the went Gilbride at the end. Arizona can't run the ball.

We'll see if Mullarkey is true to his word that we are a smash mouth team, because that's the way to beat the Pats.
    time for you to go on Last Comic Standing...with material like that you can't miss...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Been saying it all week! This team can't stop the run without big Ted. Remember they were 2-2 without him last year. 15-0 with him.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Eb isn't making any friends today...

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Today?

I agree, the Bills should run the ball and keep running it. When Pats bring up a safety, try one deep to Moulds or Evans. Bills can win this game

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

If you want to hold the ball you need to convert third downs. Some of that is the guts to run on third and 2 or 3. That was something we NEVER had last year and truthfully didn't have last week. It's all well and good to talk about comittment to the run and running 40+ times blah blah blah but you need the running plays on third and short to be called and then you need the plays executed on the field.

People can talk until they're blue in the face about the QB, but an offense needs 11 guys working together and executing, without stupid penalties to score TD's. Week one we had 10 drives. 1 TD, 1 FG, 1 missed FG. The other 7? 5 ended on dropped passes or fumbles, one on an incomplete pass one on a stuffed run. Last week Henry looked like he had ice skates on.

To beat a team going for the all time record on consecutive wins will take a great effort for 60 minutes. It also takes confidence which I haven't seen in abundance since...last time we played NE at home a year ago. In that game we scored an early TD, the crowd got REALLY into it and things snowballed. That's what we need to do again.
            finsrclowns

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

how many zonebucks you go to back that up?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

a friend in need is a pest.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                  Been saying it all week! This team can't stop the run without big Ted. Remember they were 2-2 without him last year. 15-0 with him.
                  Washington was hurt in the Jets game (week 3), and missed the next 6 games.

That means they were 5-1 without him and 12-1 with him.

Also, the Pats gave up fewer yards per game when Washington was out than they did in the games he played (by a small margin). They did allow their only 100 yard rusher while he was out (Denver), but Richard Seymour, Ted Johnson and Ty Law also missed that game.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    a friend in need is a pest.
                    a friend in need is a friend who bleeds - from the song Fugazi by Marillion

Comment

• FlyingElvis
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                      Actually they were 5-1 without him last year and just as effective stopping the run.

EDIT: NE39 beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X