PDA

View Full Version : Will someone please tell me where the optimism is coming from?

OpIv37
09-30-2004, 12:03 PM
I don't want to write the season off after 2 games. 0-2 sucks, but other NFL teams and previous Bills teams have overcome more adversity than that. What I want to know is this: what exactly do you see in this team that gives you hope? The defense is great but the ST has been mediocre and the offense has been inept.

Why do you think this team may turn this season around? (No, it's not a rhetorical question- I'm looking for some hope here.

Mr. Miyagi
09-30-2004, 12:06 PM
Because I've got $50 in Vegas for the Bills to win OVER 8 games. :(

Patrick76777
09-30-2004, 12:09 PM
I don't want to write the season off after 2 games. 0-2 sucks, but other NFL teams and previous Bills teams have overcome more adversity than that. What I want to know is this: what exactly do you see in this team that gives you hope? The defense is great but the ST has been mediocre and the offense has been inept.

Why do you think this team may turn this season around? (No, it's not a rhetorical question- I'm looking for some hope here.

What can we say that hasn’t already been said?

We’re 1 or 2 small things away from being 2-0.

Not many teams will run the ball on Oakland and Jacksonville this year. And Henry still put up some decent numbers in that one.

The defense is playing well only allowing 13 points in each game. Not to mention some nice turnovers in the first one.

The Special teams is covering kicks well and have hand a few very nice returns so far.

If we win one of the next 2 and can beat Miami at home we’ll be 2-3 and 2-1 in the division with a very easy schedule down the stretch.

Iehoshua
09-30-2004, 12:16 PM
Jax isn't such a pushover team it turns out, and we really did have the game won, just failed to finish.

Oakland same boat, they're a solid, not super, team and couldn't quite get it done.

On one hand, teams like this can go the entire season losing every game by a thread and ending up with a terrible record to show for it. On the other hand, if proper adjustments can be made, we could turn it around and win the close ones instead, however the adjusting lies in the hands of our rookie HC so its not exactly wise to bank on it at this point.

An optimistic view of this weekends game vs NE:

We are in a MUST-WIN situation. The Pats are in a 'eh win, lose, everyone still thinks we're super' position. We could catch them napping.

Oh boy, call me Doc Op's disciple! :crazy:

Ebenezer
09-30-2004, 12:17 PM

because if the Bills lose on Sunday optimism leads to desperation and the realization that this season is all about over.

illusionone
09-30-2004, 12:18 PM

I think we have used up all the negativity, so the only thing left was to be positive :star:

justasportsfan
09-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I slept at the Holiday Inn

Dr. Optimist, SB
09-30-2004, 12:48 PM
lol