X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Some people are idiots

In one of my FF leagues in which you start only 2 RB's, I have McAllister, Lewis, Jones, Henry, Barber, Rudi Johnson and Chris Brown.(If you wanna know how I got all them studs ask and I'll tell you)

This one owner has Emmit Smith and Eddie George as his starting RB's(No I'm not joking) and Jerome Bettis as his 3rd RB.

In this league you start 3 WR's. This guy has Moss, Holt, Andre Johnson and Roy Williams as his Top 4 WR's. He also has Koren Robinson and Terry Glenn as his 5th and 6th WR's..

I figured this would be the perfect guy to try and trade a RB with for an upgrade at my WR position.

My WR's are Horn, Wayne, Fitzgerald and Clayton.

I've tried to trade with this guy and he says he won't break up his WR tandem and that his RB's(old washed up geezers that is) will come on as the season rolls around so he's not worried about them.

I've offered this guy just about everything possible. Lewis and Horn for Moss, Lewis for Holt, Henry for Andre Johnson, Barber for Robinson, Brown for Holt and many others and he refuses to trade.

Is there anything more moronic then this? He doesn't have any kind of a RB and has a star WR sitting on the bench every week and he refuses to trade. What a funking idiot if you ask me.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

How DID you get all the stud RBs? Does the rest of you team suck?

Comment

• Charlieguide
      Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
      • Feb 2004

Yeah, how did you get all those RB's?

Maybe it's time to look at 2-for-1 RB trades. With all you have, does anyone have only one strong RB? Perhaps you could make an offer or two that could land you a top-five RB, if you can convince someone that they're better off as a team with two of yours. (In one of my leagues, a guy started with Shaun Alexander, but his #2 was somebody like Duckett . . . that's the kind of target I'm talking about.)
      The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
        How DID you get all the stud RBs? Does the rest of you team suck?
        Everyone was taking WR's and QB's early on so I stocked up on RB's instead of taking a lesser valued WR or QB in their place. I also had some late round scores that turned out masterful that everyone passed up and didn't take a chance on.

10th Drafting Position

1st Round- McAllister
        2nd Round- Lewis
        3rd Round- Henry
        4th Round- Horn
        5th Round- Barber
        6th Round- McNair
        7th Round- Rudi Johnson
        8th Round- Jones
        9th Round- Boston(DOH)
        10th Round- Buffalo DT
        11th Round- Franks
        12th Round- Morgan
        13th Round- Plummer
        14th Round- Janikowski

I also picked up Chris Brown in FA shortly after the draft. Someone cut Vandejagt this week so I picked him up off of waivers.

My team is mostly the same except for my WR's who are Horn, Clayton, Fitzgerald and Morgan. I need to upgrade at least my 2nd WR.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

No one drafted Chris Brown? Are you playing against the mildly ******ed?

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            No one drafted Chris Brown? Are you playing against the mildly ******ed?
            Picking 10th in a 10 team league where everybody was picking WR and QBs?? Playing against 9 rookies.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              Everyone was taking WR's and QB's early on so I stocked up on RB's instead of taking a lesser valued WR or QB in their place. I also had some late round scores that turned out masterful that everyone passed up and didn't take a chance on.

10th Drafting Position

1st Round- McAllister
              2nd Round- Lewis
              3rd Round- Henry
              4th Round- Horn
              5th Round- Barber
              6th Round- McNair
              7th Round- Rudi Johnson
              8th Round- Jones
              9th Round- Boston(DOH)
              10th Round- Buffalo DT
              11th Round- Franks
              12th Round- Morgan
              13th Round- Plummer
              14th Round- Janikowski

I also picked up Chris Brown in FA shortly after the draft. Someone cut Vandejagt this week so I picked him up off of waivers.

My team is mostly the same except for my WR's who are Horn, Clayton, Fitzgerald and Morgan. I need to upgrade at least my 2nd WR.
              You drafted Boston?? Part of the mentally ******ed.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Rudi Johnson in the 7th?

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                  • Jul 2002

Someone cut Vanderjagt? Dude, that league sucks.

Comment

Working...
                  X