PDA

View Full Version : Cowart Hurt Again

Mad Bomber
07-29-2002, 06:43 PM
Glass Sam stikes again....

This is fairly old news, but living down here in Jest land i hear this kind of crap:

From the Rockland Jounal News - Jim Corbett:

"Hopefully for the Jets it wasn't an ominous beginning when new linebacker Sam Cowart, the $42 million centerpiece orf the offseason defensive makeover, strained his hamstring dring the first workout of training camp.
Cowart shut it down for the afternoon workout. The former Buffalo Bills linebacker shrugged the setback off as some tough first-day luck. But the Jest have to hope that Cowart isn't as injury-rone considering he's missed the last 20 regular-season games of the 2000 season with an ankle injury and missed all but the first quarter of last season following a torn Achilles' tendon.
"I tweaked my hamstring a little bit," Cowart said. "Everything with my Achilles' is fine. I guess it's just the little bumps in the road of coming back."
Cowart said he hurt his right calf durin the spring minicanp and the hamstring is probably the result of compensating for the Achilles'.
"Just to be on the safe side, they hel me out in the afternoon," Cowart said."

This was yesterday. As of today, he still has not practiced.

Mad Bomber - "I only like the Jest when they're playing the phish"

clumping platelets
07-29-2002, 06:47 PM
This type of injury is common after Achilles injuries because of compensation. He's worried about the heel and is compensating for it.

RedEyE
07-29-2002, 07:00 PM
:biggrin: