• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I can't believe it.

Someone actually suggested to dome The Ralph. Football is about the elements, and playing in a dome is for wussies. Besides this would look awful from the air if it had a dome:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by northernbillfan; 10-01-2004, 11:00 AM.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

never dome the ralph...never.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I imagine how much louder it would be?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

I don't like it, but it could enhance our chances of getting a Super Bowl!
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• imbondz
            Democrats are people too
            • Jan 2003

it could be like the retractable Skydome in Toronto. I like the idea, i'm voting for it. When it snows, of course the roof will be open, when it's hot, it could either stay open or closed, depending on who we play.
            My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• FlyingElvis
              • Aug 2004

The Patriots didn't build a dome in Foxboro for the competitive advantage. When dome and warm weather teams like the Colts and Dolphins come to Foxboro in Dec. and Jan., they can't handle it so well.

The Bills would be crazy to build a dome for the same reasons.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Domes suck. Football is about rain, sleet and snow. Think "Ice Bowl" on Lambeau Field. In fact, I think cities that don't get snow should not be allowed to have a football team.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

...and they are going to come to Buffalo and do what??? Ask the national columnists that went to Minneapolis and Detroit...those cities will never host another one.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• shotgun
                    stop smokeing for your own health
                    • May 2004

no dome

no dome and how about we get grass i know we just got new turf and i love it but it looks just like real grass and i would love to see grass at the ralph

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

A Dome would be incredibly gay.

Byrd.

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

Years ago someone suggested putting a dome on then Rich Stadium. It didn't happen then, I doubt it happens now. A dome wouldat least let Buffalo argyue for a Super Bowl, but I still don't think the region has near enough motel rooms to accomodate a
                        Super Bowl.
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          Years ago someone suggested putting a dome on then Rich Stadium. It didn't happen then, I doubt it happens now. A dome wouldat least let Buffalo argyue for a Super Bowl, but I still don't think the region has near enough motel rooms to accomodate a
                          Super Bowl.
                          I had season tickets for 9 years from the 1990 season on. At some point the Bills actually sent out a survey to a random group of season ticket holders asking about doming the Ralph. The results were like 98% against and 2% for.
                          Retired Air Traffic Controller
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• Halbert
                            I'm Not Normal
                            • Jul 2002

As long as I'm prepared most weather conditions don't bother me. In fact, some of the most extreme weather has made the games all the more memorial - and fun. I remember the coldest game ever at Rich against the Jets, and the week before that the previous record against the Raidah's (I think). I was at both, whatever they were. I distinctly remember making sure I got beers in the paper cups so I could squish out the beer snow-cone it formed in about ten minutes after purchase.

The only game I ever didn’t enjoy was against the Cards somewhere around 1992 when it was wind-driven wet hail. My season’s tickets were nice, 18th row in the upper deck about the 40 yard line. But the wind was driving these little wet pellets of ice across the field from the tunnel towards the scoreboard, which was on my left. I had to shield my face with my glove because the pellets really started to sting after a bit. I could watch all the action from our goalline to about their 40, but any farther and I’d have to alternate swinging my face into the wind just to see the play. So when the ball was snapped I’d shift my head right, say ow for 5 seconds, then shift back. Ow, shift, ow, shift, ow, shift, ow. And every ow meant cold water dripping down my neck. Woo hoo. No really, that sort of sucked.

Fortunately the Bills crushed the Cards and the game was essentially over at half-time. My date and I left at the end of the third quarter - which still remains to this day as the only game I’ve ever left early voluntarily (rode with someone else once and didn’t want to walk home).

Comment

• kgun12
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                              As long as I'm prepared most weather conditions don't bother me. In fact, some of the most extreme weather has made the games all the more memorial - and fun. I remember the coldest game ever at Rich against the Jets, and the week before that the previous record against the Raidah's (I think). I was at both, whatever they were. I distinctly remember making sure I got beers in the paper cups so I could squish out the beer snow-cone it formed in about ten minutes after purchase.

The only game I ever didn’t enjoy was against the Cards somewhere around 1992 when it was wind-driven wet hail. My season’s tickets were nice, 18th row in the upper deck about the 40 yard line. But the wind was driving these little wet pellets of ice across the field from the tunnel towards the scoreboard, which was on my left. I had to shield my face with my glove because the pellets really started to sting after a bit. I could watch all the action from our goalline to about their 40, but any farther and I’d have to alternate swinging my face into the wind just to see the play. So when the ball was snapped I’d shift my head right, say ow for 5 seconds, then shift back. Ow, shift, ow, shift, ow, shift, ow. And every ow meant cold water dripping down my neck. Woo hoo. No really, that sort of sucked.

Fortunately the Bills crushed the Cards and the game was essentially over at half-time. My date and I left at the end of the third quarter - which still remains to this day as the only game I’ve ever left early voluntarily (rode with someone else once and didn’t want to walk home).
                              Hal I was at and remember all 3 games well. I remember the Raiders game we brought shrimp, we pull them out of the car set them on the table and they froze up and so did the beer. Jets game we brought chili and mixed drinks!
                              I just love cold wx games at the Ralph!
                              Retired Air Traffic Controller
                              USAF VETERAN
                              DAV

Comment

Working...
                              X