PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it.

northernbillfan
10-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Someone actually suggested to dome The Ralph. Football is about the elements, and playing in a dome is for wussies. Besides this would look awful from the air if it had a dome:

Ebenezer
10-01-2004, 10:55 AM
never dome the ralph...never.

clumping platelets
10-01-2004, 11:00 AM
:down:

justasportsfan
10-01-2004, 11:12 AM
I imagine how much louder it would be?

casdhf
10-01-2004, 11:23 AM
I don't like it, but it could enhance our chances of getting a Super Bowl!

imbondz
10-01-2004, 11:29 AM
it could be like the retractable Skydome in Toronto. I like the idea, i'm voting for it. When it snows, of course the roof will be open, when it's hot, it could either stay open or closed, depending on who we play.

FlyingElvis
10-01-2004, 11:33 AM
The Patriots didn't build a dome in Foxboro for the competitive advantage. When dome and warm weather teams like the Colts and Dolphins come to Foxboro in Dec. and Jan., they can't handle it so well.

The Bills would be crazy to build a dome for the same reasons.

Mr. Cynical
10-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Domes suck. Football is about rain, sleet and snow. Think "Ice Bowl" on Lambeau Field. In fact, I think cities that don't get snow should not be allowed to have a football team. :snicker:

Ebenezer
10-01-2004, 12:52 PM
...and they are going to come to Buffalo and do what??? Ask the national columnists that went to Minneapolis and Detroit...those cities will never host another one.

shotgun
10-01-2004, 06:22 PM
no dome and how about we get grass i know we just got new turf and i love it but it looks just like real grass and i would love to see grass at the ralph

The Natrix
10-01-2004, 06:30 PM
A Dome would be incredibly gay.

TigerJ
10-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Years ago someone suggested putting a dome on then Rich Stadium. It didn't happen then, I doubt it happens now. A dome wouldat least let Buffalo argyue for a Super Bowl, but I still don't think the region has near enough motel rooms to accomodate a
Super Bowl.

kgun12
10-02-2004, 12:38 AM
Years ago someone suggested putting a dome on then Rich Stadium. It didn't happen then, I doubt it happens now. A dome wouldat least let Buffalo argyue for a Super Bowl, but I still don't think the region has near enough motel rooms to accomodate a
Super Bowl.

I had season tickets for 9 years from the 1990 season on. At some point the Bills actually sent out a survey to a random group of season ticket holders asking about doming the Ralph. The results were like 98% against and 2% for.

Halbert
10-02-2004, 12:53 AM
As long as I'm prepared most weather conditions don't bother me. In fact, some of the most extreme weather has made the games all the more memorial - and fun. I remember the coldest game ever at Rich against the Jets, and the week before that the previous record against the Raidah's (I think). I was at both, whatever they were. I distinctly remember making sure I got beers in the paper cups so I could squish out the beer snow-cone it formed in about ten minutes after purchase.

The only game I ever didn’t enjoy was against the Cards somewhere around 1992 when it was wind-driven wet hail. My season’s tickets were nice, 18th row in the upper deck about the 40 yard line. But the wind was driving these little wet pellets of ice across the field from the tunnel towards the scoreboard, which was on my left. I had to shield my face with my glove because the pellets really started to sting after a bit. I could watch all the action from our goalline to about their 40, but any farther and I’d have to alternate swinging my face into the wind just to see the play. So when the ball was snapped I’d shift my head right, say ow for 5 seconds, then shift back. Ow, shift, ow, shift, ow, shift, ow. And every ow meant cold water dripping down my neck. Woo hoo. No really, that sort of sucked.

Fortunately the Bills crushed the Cards and the game was essentially over at half-time. My date and I left at the end of the third quarter - which still remains to this day as the only game I’ve ever left early voluntarily (rode with someone else once and didn’t want to walk home).

kgun12
10-02-2004, 01:20 AM
As long as I'm prepared most weather conditions don't bother me. In fact, some of the most extreme weather has made the games all the more memorial - and fun. I remember the coldest game ever at Rich against the Jets, and the week before that the previous record against the Raidah's (I think). I was at both, whatever they were. I distinctly remember making sure I got beers in the paper cups so I could squish out the beer snow-cone it formed in about ten minutes after purchase.

The only game I ever didn’t enjoy was against the Cards somewhere around 1992 when it was wind-driven wet hail. My season’s tickets were nice, 18th row in the upper deck about the 40 yard line. But the wind was driving these little wet pellets of ice across the field from the tunnel towards the scoreboard, which was on my left. I had to shield my face with my glove because the pellets really started to sting after a bit. I could watch all the action from our goalline to about their 40, but any farther and I’d have to alternate swinging my face into the wind just to see the play. So when the ball was snapped I’d shift my head right, say ow for 5 seconds, then shift back. Ow, shift, ow, shift, ow, shift, ow. And every ow meant cold water dripping down my neck. Woo hoo. No really, that sort of sucked.

Fortunately the Bills crushed the Cards and the game was essentially over at half-time. My date and I left at the end of the third quarter - which still remains to this day as the only game I’ve ever left early voluntarily (rode with someone else once and didn’t want to walk home).

Hal I was at and remember all 3 games well. I remember the Raiders game we brought shrimp, we pull them out of the car set them on the table and they froze up and so did the beer. Jets game we brought chili and mixed drinks!
I just love cold wx games at the Ralph!

The_Philster
10-02-2004, 04:57 AM
I remember the coldest game ever at Rich against the Jets, and the week before that the previous record against the Raidah's (I think). I was at both, whatever they were. It was actually the other way around. Christmas weekend we played the Jets in the season finale...pretty cold game...had to listen to it in the car, though. :mad: helmetguy was supposed to meet us at the will call window at 10am (he had no idea I was home on leave from the service) but he hit 2 snowstorms on there way there and we walked back to the car to listen on the radio to the game...10 minutes later, he showed up :laughter: We completely missed him. The Raiders game was 2 weeks later...divisional playoff game and topped the Jets game as the coldest in Bills history (-32 windchill vs -28 windchill)...but I watched that from Tech school

HAMMER
10-02-2004, 10:25 AM
A Dome would be incredibly gay.

Domes are for girls and girly men.

elltrain22
10-02-2004, 12:08 PM
Someone is smokin....

imbondz
10-02-2004, 08:20 PM
yeah, that's so gay. and ******ed.

Wolffman
10-02-2004, 10:12 PM
It would be pointless to dome the Ralph. I mean it'll cost millions of dollars to do, and for that much we could build a whole new stadium.

imbondz
10-02-2004, 10:19 PM
It would be pointless to dome the Ralph. I mean it'll cost millions of dollars to do, and for that much we could build a whole new stadium.

or whole new team.

HotRod
10-02-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm against a dome at RWS.

G. Host
10-03-2004, 08:14 AM
I do not think a dome is appropriate but an "eye" would work for Buffalo. Something which would allow wind and snow on the field but would prevent snow from piling up on seats between games.

Of course if they did that someone would bring up a joke about the "Eye on Buffalo" like the local news used to (still have?) have. :crazy:

Dr. Optimist, SB
10-03-2004, 09:21 AM
it was pretty cold at the snow bowl of 02. i remember having trouble breathing walking around in the parking lot because it was so cold.

oh and DOMES SUCK

there would have never been games like 51-3 over raiders, 38-21 over phins with a dome. I think there has been. what 1 team??? that was a dome team and won a superbowl (rams)

Dr. Optimist, SB
10-03-2004, 09:24 AM
I do not think a dome is appropriate but an "eye" would work for Buffalo. Something which would allow wind and snow on the field but would prevent snow from piling up on seats between games.

Of course if they did that someone would bring up a joke about the "Eye on Buffalo" like the local news used to (still have?) have. :crazy:
man that still takes away from the experience. its like im a part of the game when i am in the same elements as the team. and there is nothing like the view from the 50 near the very top of the stadium......i remember during the 02 snow bowl after we took the big lead I started chanting BRING ON THE SNOW and to this day my dad thinks im crazy that I believe i brought the snow in. i could see it coming in this big sheet over the parking lots and it was a glorious confetti!

snow1989
10-03-2004, 02:20 PM
No dome for the Ralph...and personally, thats part of the problem, only domed or fair-weather stadiums get the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl should rotate to ALL stadiums....the best teams adapt and win....